Movement speed (sometimes abbreviated as move speed or MS) is the speed at which a unit can move. Movement speed can never be lower than 100, and is usually capped at 550. Some heroes have abilities that allow them to move above 550 movement speed. Every unit has a base movement speed, but it can be altered by abilities and items.
Movement speed is expressed in units per second.
Similar items` movement speed bonuses do not stack (with the exception of Eul`s Scepter of Divinity For the cosmetic item equipped by Crystal Maiden, see Eul s Scepter of Divinity (Equipment) Item Changelogs Known Bugs Eul s Scepter of DivinityB A mysterious scepter passed down through the ages, ):
- Bonuses from multiple boots ( Boots of Speed, Power Treads, Phase Boots, Arcane Boots, Tranquil Boots Item Changelogs Boots of SpeedBL Fleet footwear, increasing movement. Cost400 Bought FromArcane Bonus +45 Movement speed Disassemble? No Alert allies? No Recipe The Boots of Speed are an item purchasable at , Boots of Travel) do not stack.
- Movement speed bonuses from Yasha For the cosmetic item equipped by Riki, see Yasha the Quickblade. Item Lore Changelogs YashaB Yasha is regarded as the swiftest weapon ever created. Cost1950 (500) Bought FromArtifacts Bonus +16 , Sange and Yasha For the cosmetic item equipped by Riki, see Sange and Yasha (Equipment). Item Lore Changelogs Sange and YashaB Sange and Yasha, when attuned by the moonlight and used together, become , and Manta Style Item Old Abilities Changelogs Manta Style An axe made of reflective materials that causes confusion amongst enemy ranks. Cost5000 (900) Bought FromArmor Active Mirror Image Bonus +10 Strength+26 Agility+10 Intelligence+15 do not stack with each other.
- The movement speed bonuses from multiple Drum of Endurance Item Changelogs Drum of EnduranceB A relic that enchants the bodies of those around it for swifter movement in times of crisis. Cost1640 (575) Bought FromSupport Active Endurance Charges 6 Passive or multiple Wind Lace Item Changelogs Wind LaceB Hasten to battle on wind-touched heels. Cost250 Bought FromArcane Bonus +20 Movement speed Disassemble? No Alert allies? No Recipe Wind Lace is an item purchasable at the s do not stack.
- Be that as it may, Wind Lace Item Changelogs Wind LaceB Hasten to battle on wind-touched heels. Cost250 Bought FromArcane Bonus +20 Movement speed Disassemble? No Alert allies? No Recipe Wind Lace is an item purchasable at the `s movement speed bonus stacks with that of its derived items ( Drum of Endurance Item Changelogs Drum of EnduranceB A relic that enchants the bodies of those around it for swifter movement in times of crisis. Cost1640 (575) Bought FromSupport Active Endurance Charges 6 Passive and Tranquil Boots Item Changelogs Boots of SpeedBL Fleet footwear, increasing movement. Cost400 Bought FromArcane Bonus +45 Movement speed Disassemble? No Alert allies? No Recipe The Boots of Speed are an item purchasable at ).
- movement speed = (base movement speed + flat movement speed bonuses) ₂ₗ (1 + sum of percentage movement speed bonuses and slows)
Flat movement speed bonuses are fixed amounts granted by all kinds of boots and other items. Percentage movement speed buffs are certain buffs that make a hero move faster depending on their current movement speed, and are granted by some abilities as well as items.
When ordering a move command onto a unit, the ordered unit follows it, until a new order is given. The follow range for most units is 100, meaning a unit ordered to follow another unit attempts to stay within 100 range of the targeted unit. Mobile ward type summons (such as Frozen Sigil and Healing Ward) have a follow range of 250. Making a right-click is a move command, making a right-click on an allied unit is automatically a follow command. In order to follow enemy units, the player has to use the move hotkey (default, M) and select an enemy unit.
Movement speed comparison
Below is a comparison of the movement speeds of all heroes.
Movement speed increasing abilities
- Abaddon - Curse of AvernusSpeed Bonus: 15%
- Alchemist - Chemical RageSpeed Bonus: 40/50/60
- Axe - Battle HungerSpeed Bonus: 12% for each unit affected with Battle Hunger
- Axe - Culling Blade
- Bloodseeker - ThirstMax Speed Bonus: 16%/24%/32%/40% per hero
Removes the 550 movement speed cap for Bloodseeker. The speed bonus scales based on the percentage of enemy heroes` missing health.
- Bounty Hunter "Bounty" redirects here. For the reward earned from last-hits, see Gold. Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Known Bugs - TrackSpeed Bonus: 16%/18%/20%
- Bristleback - WarpathSpeed Bonus: 3%/4%/5% per stack
Maximum of 5/7/9 stacks, giving a maximum of 15%/28%/45% additional movement speed.
- Broodmother - Spin WebSpeed Bonus: 40%/50%/60%/70%
When taking player-based damage, the speed bonus is halved to 20%/25%/30%/35%.
- Clinkz - Skeleton WalkSpeed Bonus: 11%/22%/33%/44%
- Doom - Scorched EarthSpeed Bonus: 14%
- Dragon Knight - Elder Dragon FormSpeed Bonus: 25
- Elder Titan - Astral SpiritSpeed Bonus: 1% per non-hero + 5% per hero struck by the spirit
- Invoker - Ghost Walk
- Invoker - WexSpeed Bonus: 1%/2%/3%/4%/5%/6%/7% per Wex instance
Maximum of 3 instances, giving a maximum of 3%/6%/9%/12%/15%/18%/21% additional movement speed.
- Io - TetherSpeed Bonus: 10%/12%/14%/16%
Duration: 12 or until tether breaks
- Kobold Foreman - Speed AuraSpeed Bonus: 12%
- Legion Commander - Overwhelming OddsSpeed Bonus: 3% per non-hero + 9% per hero
- Lina - Fiery Soul
- Lone Druid Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Known Bugs Lone Druid 17 + 2.4 24 + 2.7 13 - RabidSpeed Bonus: 10%/15%/20%/25%
Affects Lone Druid and his Spirit Bear.
- Lone Druid (& Spirit Bear) - Savage RoarSpeed Bonus: 20%
Affects taunted enemies` movement speed.
- Mirana - LeapSpeed Bonus: 4%/8%/12%/16%
- Necronomicon Archer - Archer AuraSpeed Bonus: 5%/7%/9%
- Night Stalker - Hunter in the NightSpeed Bonus: 20%/25%/30%/35%
Night Stalker only receives the speed bonus during the night.
- Nyx Assassin - VendettaSpeed Bonus: 16%/18%/20%
- Ogre Magi - BloodlustSpeed Bonus: 10%/12%/14%/16%
- Razor - Unstable CurrentSpeed Bonus: 4%/8%/12%/16%
- Slardar - Guardian SprintSpeed Bonus: 20%/28%/36%/44%
- Slark - Shadow DanceSpeed Bonus: 30%/35%/40%
Speed bonus is active while Slark is not visible to the enemy team.
- Spectre - Spectral DaggerSpeed Bonus: 8%/12%/16%/20%
- Spirit Breaker - Empowering HasteBase Move Speed Bonus: 6%/10%/14%/18%
Active Move Speed Bonus: 9%/15%/21%/27%
Inactive Move Speed Bonus: 3%/5%/7%/9%
Active Speed Bonus Duration: 6
Inactive Speed Bonus Duration: 6
- Spirit Breaker - Greater BashSpeed Bonus: 15%
Speed bonus is activated whenever Greater Bash procs.
- Storm - Wind WalkSpeed Bonus: 50%
- Sven - WarcrySpeed Bonus: 12%
- Tiny - GrowSpeed Bonus: 40/50/60
- Treant Protector - Nature`s GuiseSpeed Bonus: 10%/18%/26%/34%
Treant Protector only receives the speed bonus when affected by the ability`s invisibility in the proximity of a tree.
Movement Speed Formula
Movement speed is calculated using the following formula:
- (Base movement speed + Flat movement speed bonuses) ₂ₗ (1 + Sum of percentage movement speed bonuses) = Movement Speed
List of Movement Speeds
|Heroes||Base Movement Speed|
Abilities that change Base Movement Speed
|Hero||Ability||Base Movement Speed Change|
|Dragon Knight||Elder Dragon Form||From 290 to 315|
|Lion||Hex||Enemy speed to 140|
|Lone Druid||True Form||From 325 to 280|
|Druid Form||From 280 to 325|
|Shadow Shaman||Hex||Enemy speed to 100|
|Terrorblade||Metamorphosis||From 315 to 290|
|Tiny||Grow||From 285 to 325 / 335 / 345|
|Troll Warlord||Berserker`s Rage||From 310 / 320 / 330 / 340 to 300|
|Berserker`s Rage||From 300 to 310 / 320 / 330 / 340|
|Item||Ability||Base Movement Speed Change|
|Scythe of Vyse||Hex||Enemy speed to 140|
|Phantom Lancer||Phantom Rush||800|
|Flying Courier||Speed Burst||800|
Unit Movement Speeds
Boar, Storm, Spiderling, Spiderite, Animal Courier, Necronomicon Warrior
Earth, Treant, Greater Treant
Fell Spirit, Centaur Courser, Giant Wolf, Alpha Wolf, Ancient Black Drake
Kobold Foreman, Satyr Banisher
Ghost, Centaur Conqueror, Hellbear, Hellbear Smasher, Wildwing Ripper, Dark Troll Summoner
Harpy Stormcrafter, Mud Golem, Shard Golem
Wildwing, Ancient Black Dragon
Hill Troll Priest, Satyr Tormenter
Kobold, Kobold Soldier, Hill Troll, Hill Troll Berserker, Vhoul Assassin, Satyr Mindstealer, Ogre Bruiser, Ogre Frostmage, Skeleton Warrior, Ancient Rock Golem, Ancient Granite Golem, Ancient Rumblehide, Ancient Thunderhide, Roshan
Abilities that improve movement speed per level