Ancient Apparition is considered an efficient ganker for his very powerful abilities, despite each of them requiring precision and good timing to reach their full potential. Because his spells work very well with those of other heroes, a good ganking partner can easily ensure kills on most heroes. Kaldr is also a good support because of his Chilling Touch ability, which gives a large amount of bonus magic damage to his teammates` attacks, but more importantly for his Ice Vortex, which slows and helps him and his team deal more damage. He can also be an Initiator by using his ultimate, but to do so effectively requires more strategy and coordination with your team.
Ancient Apparition is recommended for Intermediate/Advanced players because he requires large amounts of map knowledge to maximize the use of his ultimate, but also to avoid getting ganked because he does not have any true escape mechanism. Because his abilities are most powerful when cast in succession, pulling off quick ability combos is very helpful. Consequently, he requires lots of mana management because casting all of his spells in combination can consume a lot of mana, which can leave you unable to cast any more spells until you replenish.
Ancient Apparition can solo mid fairly effectively because of his lane dominance through harassing Harassment is the process of damaging enemy heroes during the laning phase to keep them from farming, to gain lane dominance or to drop their health to prepare for a kill. Strong harassment can force and denying using Chilling Touch, but side-laning is most viable, especially with a partner who can disable. He shines most during the Early & Mid-Game phases because his abilities are naturally strong while laning and valuable even with only one skill point into them. Ancient Apparition does not require as many items as other heroes either. He is good with just his abilities and therefore does not need to farm very much. Even the most rudimentary items are all that this hero really needs. Because of his mana issues, a few good mana-regen items could help. Despite how good he is early on, he is not necessarily less good during the late game. In fact, he can be extremely helpful during later teamfights as his ultimate scales, shattering enemies based on% health “ Play Life becomes death becomes new life. As it should be. Click to listen— Treant Protector ” Health (also known as HP, which can be short for: health pool or health points) represents the life , not just a flat amount. As well as this Ancient Apparition has a potent Aghanim`s Scepter Item Upgraded Abilities Old Abilities Lore Changelogs Aghanim s Scepter The scepter of a wizard with demigod-like powers. Cost4200 Bought FromCaster Passive Ultimate Upgrade Bonus +10 Strength+10 Agility+10 Intelligence+175 upgrade which further increases his potential as a late game support.
|Kaldr, the Ancient Apparition|
|Play "One day, ice will cover these lands, and it will be as if this war never happened."|
|Role:||Support / Disabler / Nuker|
|Lore Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Known Bugs Kaldr, the Ancient Apparition Kaldr, the Ancient Apparition, is :||Kaldr, the Ancient Apparition, is an image projected from outside time. He springs from the cold, infinite void that both predates the universe and awaits its end. Kaldr is, Kaldr was, Kaldr shall be⃢₀⅚ and what we perceive, powerful as it appears to us, is but the faintest faded echo of the true, eternal Kaldr. Some believe that as the cosmos ages and approaches its final moments, the brightness and power of Kaldr will also intensify⃢₀ₔthat the Ancient Apparition will grow younger and stronger as eternity`s end draws nigh. His grip of ice will bring all matter to a stop, his image will cast a light too terrible to behold. An Apparition no longer!|
|Voice:||John Patrick Lowrie ( Responses Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Known Bugs v • d • e Voice responses Hero responses Abaddon Alchemist Ancient Apparition Anti-Mage )|
- Cold Feet places an initial debuff on the target and places an icy marker at its current position upon cast.
- As long as the target stays within 740 radius of the mark, it takes damage from the debuff and after 4 seconds gets stunned Stun is a status effect that prevents active actions like moving, turning, using spells or items, but does not prevent passive abilities, such as evasion and Damage Block. Stuns also interrupt spell casts, channeling spells .
- If the target moves 740 range away from the mark at any point during the initial debuff, the spell completely stops, removing the debuff and the marker.
- This means even when the target moves back within range, it is not frozen or damaged further.
- Cold Feet cannot be cast on units which already have the Cold Feet modifier or the Cold Feet Freeze modifier on them.
- Deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting immediately upon cast, resulting in 4 instances.
- The stun is applied 1 second after the last instance.
- Can deal up to 120/200/280/360 damage to the target ( before reductions There are several ways to affect the final value of a damage instance. Damage can be manipulated on both ends, from the dealing unit (outgoing damage) and the receiving unit (incoming damage). Armor and magic ).
- Choosing the talent which replaces the cooldown with charges does not affect the ability`s currently running cooldown. It does not get refreshed.
Affects Ancient Apparition while spell immune.
- All effects are provided by an aura Auras are passive abilities that grant a buff or debuff to units in an area of effect around the holder, or in some cases, over a short period at a targeted point or unit. By . The modifier lingers for 0.5 seconds. The aura uses only one modifier.
- On enemies, the modifier slows A Slow is a type of status effect that reduces the afflicted units Movement Speed by a percentage, and/or Attack Speed by a flat value of their current speeds. Contents 1 Mechanics 1.1 Slowing movement and reduces magic resistance Magic resistance is an attribute of heroes, similar to armor. Instead of reducing physical damage, it reduces magical damage. All heroes, except for Meepo and Visage, possess 25% magic resistance from their armor type. This . On Ancient Apparition, it increases movement speed DPS multiplier when chasing Minimum (pursuer MS / target MS) Ratio for Maximum Chase DPS Movement speed (sometimes abbreviated as move speed or MS) is the speed at which a unit can move. Movement speed .
- Reduces most heroes` total magic resistance Magic resistance is an attribute of heroes, similar to armor. Instead of reducing physical damage, it reduces magical damage. All heroes, except for Meepo and Visage, possess 25% magic resistance from their armor type. This to 13.75%/10%/6.25%/2.5% ( 7.75%/4%/0.25%/-3.5%), assuming basic 25% magic resistance and no other sources of magic resistance.
- Reduces Meepo Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Known Bugs Meepo 23 + 1.6 23 + 2.2 20 + `s and Visage`s total magic resistance to 25.25%/22%/18.75%/15.5% ( 20.05%/16.8%/13.55%/10.3%) and -3.5%/-8%/-12.5%/-17% ( -10.7%/-15.2%/-19.7%/-24.2%) respectively, assuming their basic magic resistance and no other sources of magic resistance.
- Successive casts of Ice Vortex do not stack. A unit can only be affected by one of them even when multiple of them are overlapping.
- For the caster, this also means that standing within the own and an enemy Ice Vortex does not provide both effects to the caster.
- Which effect is provided within the overlapping area is decided by which one affected the hero first.
- When leaving the overlapping area, the modifier updates after its linger time, based on which area the hero still stands in.
- Provides 200 radius ground vision at the targeted point for its duration.
- Choosing the cooldown reducing talent does not affect the ability`s currently running cooldown.
- Choosing the speed change and resistance reduction increasing talent immediately upgrades all of Ancient Apparition`s currently active Ice Vortexes, including already placed modifier.
Allied Heroes / Enemies
- Chilling Touch places a buff on allied heroes within the area which enchants their attacks. Leaving or entering the area after cast has no effect.
- The buff is only placed on allied heroes (including Meepo Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Known Bugs Meepo 23 + 1.6 23 + 2.2 20 + clones), but not on illusions.
- The buff is always placed on Ancient Apparition, even when he was outside the targeted area.
- The damage is dealt as a separate damage instance before the attack damage is dealt, but relies on the attack to hit.
- This means when an attack misses, or is disjointed, no damage is dealt but the number of attacks remaining is also unreduced.
- Only successful hits reduce the number of left attacks and apply the damage.
- The damage source is set to be the attacking hero, not Ancient Apparition.
- The damage does not hit buildings or wards, and attacks against them do not reduce the number of attacks remaining.
- Can deal up to 150/240/350/480 ( 450/640/850/1080) damage per buffed ally, and 750/1200/1750/2400 ( 2250/3200/4250/5400) damage with 5 buffed heroes ( before reductions There are several ways to affect the final value of a damage instance. Damage can be manipulated on both ends, from the dealing unit (outgoing damage) and the receiving unit (incoming damage). Armor and magic ).
- Recasting Chilling Touch refreshes the buff duration, resets the number of attacks, and updates the number of attacks and damage bonus based on the current level and talents.
- Ancient Apparition or a buffed ally can remove the buff by left-clicking on its icon in the status bar.
- Choosing the damage upgrading talent does not upgrade Ancient Apparition`s already placed Chilling Touch buffs.
Enemies / Enemy Heroes
- Upon cast, Ice Blast is replaced by the sub-skill Release.
- The tracer projectile travels at a speed of 1500 until Release is cast, Ancient Apparition dies, or it reaches the map boundaries.
- The tracer has invisibility and is never visible to enemies. Be that as it may, with True Sight, enemies can see the projectile as a dot on their minimap.
- The invisibility also causes the typical shockwave effect caused by some invisibility sources, which is visible to the enemies if they have True Sight.
- The tracer projectile itself is harmless. It neither deals damage, nor places the debuff.
- The explosion radius starts at 275 and increases by 50 for every second the tracer has traveled, capped at 1000 radius.
- Thus, it takes at least 15 seconds to reach the maximum radius, equaling 22500 units traveled.
- The tracer provides 500 radius flying vision around itself as it travels. This vision does not last.
- The tracer blocks neutral creep camps. The dome indicating the area and the second projectile do not.
- The debuff is only placed on heroes, clones and creep-heroes, but not on illusions.
- The debuff can also be placed on spell immune or invulnerable, but not on hidden units.
- Unlike the debuff, the explosion damage hits all enemy units, including creeps, excluding buildings and wards.
- The debuff prevents the current health of affected units to increase in any way. The only exceptions are Sunder, Decay, Time Lapse, Supernova and Whirling Death.
- Units with the debuff on die instantly when their health drops below the threshold. The kill is credited to the source of the damage which brought them below the threshold.
- Be that as it may, if it was caused by self-inflicted damage, Ancient Apparition is credited for the kill.
Kaldr, the Ancient Apparition, is a ranged Attack range is the range at which a hero may perform his or her basic attack on another unit. There are two main subdivisions of attacks: melee and ranged. Attack range can be extended by intelligence Intelligence is the attribute that grants mana, mana regeneration and spell damage amplification. For each point of intelligence a hero gets: 11 Mana 0.04 Mana regeneration 0.07% Spell damage Additionally, intelligence heroes also get 1 hero Main Mechanics Attributes Table Release Dates Grid Layout Heroes are the essential element of Dota 2, as the course of the match is dependent on their intervention. During . This spell-casting elemental being possesses high range, great attributes For a list of heroes sorted by attributes, see Table of hero attributes. Attributes Old Abilities Attributes are the main statistics of all heroes that independently determine most scaling statistics. These and strong semi-spammable spells. He is commonly played in a support role due to the nature of his skills. Cold Feet places a debuff on an enemy which will stun the unit unless it leaves the area the skill was cast. This can be devastating in conjunction with other disables. Ice Vortex applies a big slow and magic damage amplification to all units that stand in it. This is great in combination with Chilling Touch. This buffs allied heroes to hit for a large amount of extra magic damage. His ultimate Abilities are unique skills that heroes and creeps have access to on the battlefield. They range from simple passive effects, to devastating explosions of energy, to complex, terrain changing feats. All heroes have four or , Ice Blast, is one of the most devastating spells in the game as it has global range and has larger radius the farther away the blast is from the caster. This does large damage, freezes health “ Play Life becomes death becomes new life. As it should be. Click to listen— Treant Protector ” Health (also known as HP, which can be short for: health pool or health points) represents the life regeneration of any kind, and instantly kills units low on life.
Kaldr, the Ancient Apparition
|Support Disabler Nuker|
Kaldr, the Ancient Apparition, is an image projected from outside time. He springs from the cold, infinite void that both predates the universe and awaits its end. Kaldr is, Kaldr was, Kaldr shall be...and what we perceive, powerful as it appears to us, is but the faintest faded echo of the true, eternal Kaldr. Some believe that as the cosmos ages and approaches its final moments, the brightness and power of Kaldr will also intensify⃢₀ₔthat the Ancient Apparition will grow younger and stronger as eternity`s end draws nigh. His grip of ice will bring all matter to a stop, his image will cast a light too terrible to behold. An Apparition no longer!
Ability: No Target
Affects: Enemy Units
Releases the ice blast to the tracer`s current location.
|+100 Chilling Touch Damage||25||4 Charges of Cold Feet|
|-35s Respawn Time||20||+35 Movement Speed|
|+30 Health Regen||15||-1s Ice Vortex Cooldown|
|+8% Spell Amplification||10||+60 Gold/Min|
|Starting Items||Early Game||Mid Game||Late Game|