|Lyralei, the Windranger|
|Play "If at first you don`t succeed, stand closer, shoot again."|
|Role:||Carry / Support / Disabler / Escape / Nuker|
|Lore Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Known Bugs Lyralei, the Windranger The western forests guard their secrets :||The western forests guard their secrets well. One of these is Lyralei, master archer of the wood, and favored godchild of the wind. Known now as Windranger, Lyralei`s family was killed in a storm on the night of her birth--their house blown down by the gale, contents scattered to the winds. Only the newborn survived among the debris field of death and destruction. In the quiet after the storm, the wind itself took notice of the lucky infant crying in the grass. The wind pitied the child and so lifted her into the sky and deposited her on a doorstep in a neighboring village. In the years that followed, the wind returned occasionally to the child`s life, watching from a distance while she honed her skills. Now, after many years of training, Windranger fires her arrows true to their targets. She moves with blinding speed, as if hastened by a wind ever at her back. With a flurry of arrows, she slaughters her enemies, having become, nearly, a force of nature herself.|
|Voice:||Jen Taylor ( Responses Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Known Bugs v • d • e Voice responses Hero responses Abaddon Alchemist Ancient Apparition Anti-Mage )|
- Shackleshot travels at a speed of 1650 and can be disjointed Shadow Fiend using a Blink Dagger to dodge Phantom Assassin s Stifling Dagger Disjointing is the act of dodging projectiles, or rather, to cause a projectile to fully lose track of its target. A disjoint is .
- The projectile searches for enemies or trees Trees on the Radiant and Dire sides of the map. Trees are a terrain featureSpecial attraction in Dota 2. They make up a large amount of the map, and are very prominent in the forests that within 23 degrees at the opposite side of the target from where Shackleshot was cast.
- This means when Windranger blinks For the cosmetic item equipped by Axe, see Little Blink Dagger. Item Changelogs Blink DaggerBL The fabled dagger used by the fastest assassin ever to walk the lands. Cost2250 Bought FromArcane away after cast, it latches on targets based on the cast location, not her new location.
- Shackleshot always prioritizes units over trees as a secondary target.
- If the target does not get shackled, it is only briefly stunned Stun is a status effect that prevents active actions like moving, turning, using spells or items, but does not prevent passive abilities, such as evasion and Damage Block. Stuns also interrupt spell casts, channeling spells (using the default Stunned debuff).
- If the target gets shackled to a unit, both of them are stunned for the full duration (using the debuff).
- The stun persists, even when the primary or the secondary unit dies, or the tree is destroyed earlier.
- The stun also persists, when one of the targets gets freed from the stun earlier.
- When the primary target dies before the shackle reaches it, it still can latch to a secondary unit and stun it.
- Can latch on invisible Invisibility is a status effect which makes units and heroes not appear on their opponent s screen or minimap, and makes them unable to be targeted directly by the enemy. Invisibility makes the unit s model appear units, units in the Fog of War Vision changes around while the hero moves. Vision describes what a unit can and cannot see from its current location and state. Places a unit cannot see are filled with the Fog of War, a and the trees from Sprout.
Target Point / Channeled
- The arrow travels at a speed of 3000, taking 0.87 seconds to reach max distance.
- The arrow can damage units up to 2725 range away (2600 travel distance + 125 damage radius).
- The full damage is done after the full 1.0 seconds of channeling Warlock channeling Upheaval Channeling an ability causes the caster to stop acting for the duration of the spell. Channeled spells may be ended when the channeling unit takes another action or is interrupted by another . Each channeled 0.01 seconds increase its damage by 1%.
- Every time the arrow hits an enemy, its current damage is reduced by 20%.
- This is how much damage the arrow deals ( before reductions There are several ways to affect the final value of a damage instance. Damage can be manipulated on both ends, from the dealing unit (outgoing damage) and the receiving unit (incoming damage). Armor and magic ) after hitting up to 15 units:
- Level 1: 180 / 144 / 115.2 / 92.2 / 73.7 / 59 / 47.2 / 37.7 / 30.2 / 24.2 / 19.3 / 15.5 / 12.4 / 9.9 / 7.9, 24 targets to reach 1 damage
- Level 2: 260 / 208 / 166.4 / 133.1 / 106.5 / 85.2 / 68.2 / 54.5 / 43.6 / 34.9 / 27.9 / 22.3 / 17.9 / 14.3 / 11.4, 26 targets to reach 1 damage
- Level 3: 340 / 272 / 217.6 / 174.1 / 139.3 / 111.4 / 89.1 / 71.3 / 57 / 45.6 / 36.5 / 29.2 / 23.4 / 18.7 / 15, 27 targets to reach 1 damage
- Level 4: 420 / 336 / 268.8 / 215 / 172 / 137.6 / 110.1 / 88.1 / 70.5 / 56.4 / 45.1 / 36.1 / 28.9 / 23.1 / 18.5, 28 targets to reach 1 damage
- The arrow provides 400 radius flying vision Vision changes around while the hero moves. Vision describes what a unit can and cannot see from its current location and state. Places a unit cannot see are filled with the Fog of War, a as it travels, which sticks at its final location for 3.34 seconds.
- The arrow blocks neutral creep Neutral creeps are a type of creep not controlled by any player. They are aligned to neither of the teams, and offer an alternative source of gold and experience. Neutral creeps appear in small camps camps.
- The arrow destroys trees Trees on the Radiant and Dire sides of the map. Trees are a terrain feature in Dota 2. They make up a large amount of the map, and are very prominent in the forests that within 75 radius around it while traveling. Hit trees do not reduce its damage.
- The sound of a bow getting stretched during the cast and channeling time is audible to allies only.
- Windrun interrupts Windranger`s channeling Warlock channeling Upheaval Channeling an ability causes the caster to stop acting for the duration of the spell. Channeled spells may be ended when the channeling unit takes another action or is interrupted by another spells upon cast.
- Grants Windranger 100% evasion for its duration. This means attacks with True Strike are not avoided.
- The slow is provided by an aura on Windranger. Its debuff lingers for 2 seconds.
- When the level 20 talent is chosen, Windrun turns Windranger invisible for its duration.
- During the fade time, Windranger can cast spells, use items and perform attacks without breaking the invisibility.
- Invisibility is broken upon reaching the cast point of spells or items, or upon launching an attack.
- Allows Windranger to path through other units, including wards, but not through buildings.
- Windranger can pick up or drop items without breaking the invisibility.
- Focus Fire orders Windranger to attack the target upon cast.
- Only reduces Windranger`s main and bonus damage when attacking the target. Damage from item effects (e.g. Monkey King Bar, Diffusal Blade) is unaffected.
- Focus Fire does not guarantee full attack speed. The provided attack speed can be negated by strong attack speed slows.
- Windranger can switch attack targets without losing the buff against the Focus Fire target.
- When switching attack targets, the attack speed adapts as soon as the projectile is launched, while the damage adapts after the projectile hits.
- This means when the attack target is switched, the first attack against the new target deals reduced damage. The following attacks deal normal damage.
- This also goes the other way. When switching back to the Focus Fire target, the first attack deals normal damage, the following attacks reduced damage.
- Casting Focus Fire on multiple targets only grants the attack speed and damage reduction against the target of the most recent cast.
- Focus Fire ends prematurely when Windranger dies, but persists through the target`s death.
- Focus Fire cast range is relative to Windranger`s attack range and is increased with attack range increasing effects.
Lyralei the Windranger is a ranged Attack range is the range at which a hero may perform his or her basic attack on another unit. There are two main subdivisions of attacks: melee and ranged. Attack range can be extended by intelligence Intelligence is the attribute that grants mana, mana regeneration and spell damage amplification. For each point of intelligence a hero gets: 11 Mana 0.04 Mana regeneration 0.07% Spell damage Additionally, intelligence heroes also get 1 hero Main Mechanics Attributes Table Release Dates Grid Layout Heroes are the essential element of Dota 2, as the course of the match is dependent on their intervention. During that uses powerful abilities in conjunction with her physical attack to take down enemies. Despite being an intelligence Intelligence is the attribute that grants mana, mana regeneration and spell damage amplification. For each point of intelligence a hero gets: 11 Mana 0.04 Mana regeneration 0.07% Spell damage Additionally, intelligence heroes also get 1 Hero, Windranger`s playstyle resembles that of an agility Agility is the attribute that grants armor and attack speed. For each point of agility a hero gets: 0.14 (1/7) Armor 1 Attack speed Additionally, agility heroes also get 1 attack damage per agility point. Hero, due in large part to her skill set. Windranger is most often played as an offlane solo due to her escape, long range harass, and farm capability; be that as it may, she is quite versatile and can be fielded as a midlaner, roamer, lane support, or even a carry, if the game calls for it. She is famous for her immense utility and versatility.
|30% Cooldown Reduction||25||+150 Attack Range|
|+120 Powershot Damage||20||Windrun Grants Invisibility|
|+20 Intelligence||15||+40 Movement Speed|
|+30% Windrun Slow||10||+4 Mana Regen|
- Consumables are essential early game due to Windranger`s low health and the low cooldown of her spells. As such, one each of Tango and Healing Salve are basic requirements, while a Clarity or two are very helpful in giving her mana to cast her spells.
- Grabbing a Mantle of Intelligence provides Windranger with a larger mana pool and some more base damage, and can be upgraded to a Null Talisman. Filling the remainder of your inventory with Iron Branches serves to give you a small amount of stats for cheap, and they can be used to build a Magic Wand later as needed.
- Boots of Speed are essential on any hero during the laning stage. In Windranger`s case, having early boots as an off-laner greatly increases survivability as it enables her to evade ganks more easily, and increases the bonus movement speed gained from Windrun as well.
- Null Talisman gives Windranger useful stats for a cheap price. The intelligence gives her more base damage and a larger mana pool, while the strength gives her some survivability. The Null Talisman should be sold later on for more inventory slots, as it does not build into any useful items for Windranger.
- Ring of Basilius gives Windranger more armor, some damage and a measure of mana regen, all of which help her survive as an off-laner. Be that as it may, it should either be disassembled or sold once the laning phase ends, as Windranger can get more mana regen from the Sage`s Mask alone later on due to being an intelligence hero, and Ring of Basilius does not build into any useful items.
- Phase Boots are very powerful on Windranger, as she can take advantage of the extra damage more than additional attack speed due to her low base attack time and her ultimate Focus Fire. As well, the active greatly helps Windranger with positioning, essential for landing Powershot and Shackleshot.
- Force Staff is very effective and versatile for positioning a Shackleshot, allowing you to force a unit in front of a tree, force a creep/unit in front of another unit, or force yourself into position. The additional intelligence gives her more mana and base damage as well, and in emergencies it can be used to displace yourself during escapes.
- Town Portal Scroll should be carried on all heroes. Windranger`s ability to disable and nuke down enemies should never be underestimated in teamfights or ganks.
- Blink Dagger is extremely powerful on Windranger, as it allows her to instantly re-position for her spells, especially Shackleshot. It is a powerful item to buy for initiating for your disables, or for being more evasive. May not give the extra stats provided by Force Staff but allows for faster, further, and Windrun can be activated to avoid physical damage, thus providing more opportunities to blink away from unfavorable situations.
- Aghanim`s Scepter gives Windranger stats across the board, and greatly improves Windranger`s damage output using Focus Fire. As well, the cooldown reduction allows her to cast Focus Fire at will, vastly increasing her damage output and target flexibility.
- Desolator gives Windranger additional damage output, as well as an armor reduction debuff that can be applied to buildings as well as heroes. As Windranger is a ranged hero, she can simply "tag" multiple enemies with the debuff prior to focusing on a single target, though it is recommended to purchase Aghanim`s Scepter as well in order to maximize your physical DPS.
- Mekansm can be very powerful on a support Windranger, as it gives her stats and armor, increasing her survivability and allowing her to heal her team during teamfights.
- Scythe of Vyse is very powerful on Windranger, no matter how she is played. The extra intelligence and mana regen greatly increase her base damage and ability to cast spells, and the additional strength and agility shore up her @@@#@@@HP(hp.com)###@### and armor, granting her much more survivability. The hex can be used to instantly hard-disable the enemy`s carry in a fight, and serves as a potent complement to Shackleshot.
- Orchid Malevolence can greatly increase Windranger`s physical damage output, as she will get both more mana and base damage from the extra intelligence, and the attack speed greatly complements her low base attack time. The silence adds yet another disable to Windranger`s repertoire, allowing her to lock down enemies who rely on escape spells to survive. Later can be upgraded to a Bloodthorn.
- Rod of Atos greatly increases Windranger`s survivability as well as her damage output and mana pool. While the slow is not a hard disable, it has a very long cast range and can hold a target down so that Shackleshot may be cast from an angle of Windranger`s choosing.
- Shiva`s Guard greatly augments Windranger`s survivability against physical damage, and gives her more damage output and mana as well. The active blast can be used when chasing down an enemy with Windrun, slowing them down long enough for teammates to catch up and for Windranger to stun them with Shackleshot.
- Linken`s Sphere gives Windranger stats across the board and powerful mana regen. Its spellblock helps to make Windranger much more slippery when evading enemy ganks, or gives her a larger window of opportunity to cast her disables in a teamfight without being disabled herself.
- Eul`s Scepter of Divinity is a good cheap utility item if the aim is not to build raw damage items to fuel Focus Fire. The increased base movement speed greatly augments Windranger`s mobility in combination with Phase Boots or Windrun, and the extra intelligence and mana regen give her much more utility with her spells. The active can be used to stop an enemy in their tracks and position yourself for landing a full-duration Shackleshot, or for generally disabling enemies or giving yourself temporary invulnerability (while removing debuffs from yourself) during fights.
- Monkey King Bar greatly increases Windranger`s damage output, and synergizes well with Focus Fire. The Mini-Bash can proc multiple times during the course of her ultimate, and the True Strike allows her to ignore any evasion or blind that the enemy may have.
- If playing as a support, be sure to buy the standard support items. This means upgrading to the Flying Courier, as well as regularly purchasing Observer Wards and Sentry Wards.
- As a mid or off-laner, a Bottle is generally recommended. A mid Windranger can take advantage of the regen and runes when rotating to the side lanes for kills, while an off-laning Windranger can use the runes as a source of regen to lend her more survivability.
Lyralei, the Windranger
|Carry Support Disabler Escape Nuker|
The western forests guard their secrets well. One of these is Lyralei, master archer of the wood, and favored godchild of the wind. Known now as Windranger, Lyralei`s family was killed in a storm on the night of her birth⃢₀ₔtheir house blown down by the gale, contents scattered to the winds. Only the newborn survived among the debris field of death and destruction. In the quiet after the storm, the wind itself took notice of the lucky infant crying in the grass. The wind pitied the child and so lifted her into the sky and deposited her on a doorstep in a neighboring village. In the years that followed, the wind returned occasionally to the child`s life, watching from a distance while she honed her skills. Now, after many years of training, Windranger fires her arrows true to their targets. She moves with blinding speed, as if hastened by a wind ever at her back. With a flurry of arrows, she slaughters her enemies, having become, nearly, a force of nature herself.
|-7s Powershot Cooldown||25||+100 Attack Range|
|+20% Magic Resistance||20||+15% Spell Amplification|
|+20 Intelligence||15||+40 Movement Speed|
|+4 Mana Regen||10||+30% Windrun Slow|
|Starting Items||Early Game||Core Items||Situational Items|