- When a hero has an upgrade available, the item`s and the upgraded spell`s tooltip states what exactly is upgraded.
- When a hero has no upgrades available, the ultimate ability gets a green note reading "This hero has no upgrade".
Aghanim`s Scepter is an item Play “Singing trio.” It has been suggested that this article or section be split into multiple new articles. Reason given: The shop should get its own page Discussion to support or oppose the split should be purchasable at the Main Shop, under Caster Play “Singing trio.” It has been suggested that this article or section be split into multiple new articles. Reason given: The shop should get its own page Discussion to support or oppose the split should be . Be that as it may, it requires an item from the Secret Shop The Secret Shops are located near the center of the map. One Secret Shop is in the forests between the top and middle lanes, on the Radiant side. The other is in the forests between to be completed. For most (98 out of 113) heroes, Aghanim`s Scepter increases the powers of their abilities, adds a new one or modifies the hero in another way.
- One Aghanim`s Scepter grants a total of 375 health “ Play Life becomes death becomes new life. As it should be. Click to listen— Treant Protector ” Health (also known as HP, which can be short for: health pool or health points) represents the life , 0.6 health regeneration “ Play Life becomes death becomes new life. As it should be. Click to listen— Treant Protector ” Health (also known as HP, which can be short for: health pool or health points) represents the life , 1.43 armor Armor is an attribute shared by all units. Armor is used to determine the amount of damage reduction (or amplification if an armor value is negative) a unit takes from physical damage sources. Higher armor , 10 attack speed The frequency with which units attack is measured in attack speed. A unit s attack speed can be modified by items, agility, abilities, and auras. Contents 1 Base attack time 2 Attack speed representation 3 Attack , 285 mana Play Out of mana! “ Play It s a new age of magic! Click to listen— Keeper of the Light ” Mana (also known as MP, which is short for mana points) represents the magic power of a , 0.4 mana regeneration Play Out of mana! “ Play It s a new age of magic! Click to listen— Keeper of the Light ” Mana (also known as MP, which is short for mana points) represents the magic power of a , 0.71% spell damage Spell damage Spell damage sources Spell damage is all damage which is not dealt by physical attacks. This includes all spells which deal magical, physical or pure damage. Even the damage and 10 attack damage Attack damage is the amount of damage a unit is dealing with an unmodified basic attack; the base values are different for every hero. The total attack damage of a unit is the sum of .
- The following heroes cannot drop or sell Aghanim`s Scepter once they have purchased it, due to receiving a new ability, or in case of Meepo an additional Divided We Stand clone:
- Earth Spirit Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Known Bugs Earth Spirit 21 + 3.2 17 + 1.5 18 , Lifestealer Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Lifestealer 25 + 3.3 18 + 1.9 15 + 1.75 Level Base , Meepo Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Known Bugs Meepo 23 + 1.6 23 + 2.2 20 + , Morphling Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Known Bugs Morphling 19 + 2.3 24 + 3.7 17 + , Nyx Assassin This page is about the hero. For the goddess in Dota 2 lore, see Nyx. Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities , Ogre Magi For the neutral ogre creeps, see Ogre Camp. Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Known Bugs Ogre , Timbersaw Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Timbersaw 21 + 2.1 16 + 1.3 21 + 2.4 Level Base , Treant Protector For Nature s Prophet s summons, see Treant. For the race in Dota 2 lore, see Treant Protectors. Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities , Tusk Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Tusk 23 + 2.6 23 + 2.1 18 + 1.7 Level Base , and Zeus Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Zeus 19 + 2.6 11 + 1.2 22 + 2.7 Level Base .
- Hookshot`s reduced cooldown gives Clockwerk much greater map presence, allowing him initiate multiple times in one fight, escape from a losing fight, or use it as a casual stun.
- Combined with a Dragon Lance, upgraded Impetus allows Enchantress to safely lob attacks from the backline, greatly increasing her damage.
- Invoke`s reduced cooldown is crucial in the late game, giving Invoker the time to cast many more abilities in a long teamfight.
- The extra clone spawned from Divided We Stand`s upgrade increases Meepo`s map presence and damage, especially from Poof.
- Starstorm`s extra wave of meteors greatly increases Mirana`s burst damage potential, especially when initiating on a single target.
- Combined with its respawn time penalty, Reaper`s Scythe`s reduced cooldown gives Necrophos the ability to take important heroes out of the late game for prolonged periods of time.
- Meat Hook`s upgraded range improves Pudge`s initiation and ganking capabilities, and is useful to keep himself out of danger during the late game.
- Sonic Wave`s vastly reduced cooldown gives Queen of Pain many more opportunities to gank, initiate, and even clear creep waves.
- Remote Mines` improved damage makes it much easier to kill tougher heroes in the late game, and is the only way to improve Techies` damage.
- The cleaving tree gained from Grow`s upgrade helps Tiny deal with groups of enemies, and makes him one of the fastest building destroyers in the game.
- Burrowstrike`s doubled range makes Sand King much more mobile, and allows him to stun more enemies during initiations.
- Necromastery`s increased soul limit boosts Shadow Fiend`s attack and Requiem of Souls damage. Having more souls also means Shadow Fiend will often retain more damage after dying.
- Focus Fire`s cooldown and damage penalty reduction lets Windranger hit much harder, more frequently, and allows her to fill the role of a carry.
- Nimbus gives Zeus a second global ability, and also provides continuous vision, allowing Zeus to aid his allies from any point on the map in addition to the burst damage from Thundergod`s Wrath.
- Alchemist does not need Aghanim`s Scepter for himself, but can farm one for his teammates when needed.
- A non-carry Night Stalker`s flying vision from the Scepter is great for initiating teamfight, pushing highground and dewarding the map with a Gem of True Sight.
- Nyx Assassin This page is about the hero. For the goddess in Dota 2 lore, see Nyx. Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities `s Burrow makes him more viable in the late game, but he usually needs other items (like Blink Dagger or Dagon) first. It is a must-have item for him in the late-game though, as it heavily increases his teamfight presence, and helps him greatly in defending buildings.
- Tinker can be quite intimidating with upgraded Heat-Seeking Missiles and Laser, but should still prioritize Boots of Travel and Blink Dagger first.
- Treant Protector For Nature s Prophet s summons, see Treant. For the race in Dota 2 lore, see Treant Protectors. Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities `s extra vision with Eyes In The Forest is always worth it, but can be difficult for him to afford.
While many supports become more powerful with Aghanim`s Scepter, most should still focus primarily on buying support items, with Aghanim`s Scepter as a luxury option if they have enough gold.
- Aghanim`s Scepter is named after Agahnim, one of the main villains in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
- Rubick is the son of Aghanim. He also possesses an imitation of Aghanim`s Scepter.
Aghanim`s Scepter (also known as Aghs or Scepter) is a Caster item purchasable with items from the Home Shop and Secret Shop. It is a powerful item used to passively increase the power of a hero`s spells, usually their ultimate. The upgrade that Aghanim`s Scepter provides can be anything from a new ability to simply an increase in power higher than the previous level. The power increase is also not exclusive to ultimates, it may also increase the power of basic abilities as well.
If dropped or sold, the upgrade is lost until the hero is in possession of it again. Upgrades with irreversible effects will not allow Aghanim`s Scepter to be removed from that hero`s inventory.
Aghanim`s Scepter does not work on all heroes. The list of heroes it works on and what effects it provides are listed below.
|Abaddon||Borrowed Time||Increases duration from 4 / 5 / 6 to 5 / 6 / 7 |
Redirects 50% of all damage dealt to nearby allied heroes to Abaddon when he is within 900 range
|Alchemist||Aghanim`s Scepter Synth||Can cast Aghanim`s Scepter to directly grant any allied hero all Aghanim`s Scepter bonuses as a permanent buff |
The buff applies both the hero upgrade and the stat upgrade, and the scepter is consumed in the process
Multiple instances of this buff do not stack, and Alchemist can target himself as well
This is independent from Chemical Rage and will always be active, has 600 cast range
|Ancient Apparition||Ice Blast||Increases duration from 8 / 9 / 10 to 17|
|Anti-Mage||Spell Shield||Causes Spell Shield to passively block and reflect a targeted spell once every 12 seconds|
|Axe||Culling Blade||Increases kill threshold from 250 / 325 / 400 to 300 / 425 / 550 |
Increases speed bonus duration from 6 to 10
Decreases cooldown from 75 / 65 / 55 to 6
|Bane||Fiend`s Grip||Increases duration from 5 to 7 |
Increases damage per second from 100 / 155 / 215 to 155 / 215 / 270
Increases mana drain from 5% to 10% of the target`s maximum mana
Attacking Bane while he is channeling this ability will apply the current level of Nightmare to enemy attackers
|Batrider||Flaming Lasso||Flaming Lasso grabs a secondary target within 400 range nearest to the primary target, with the secondary target tethered to the first |
Flaming Lasso now deals 100 damage per second
|Beastmaster||Primal Roar||Increases cast range from 600 to 950 |
Decreases cooldown from 80 / 75 / 70 to 45
|Bloodseeker||Rupture||Grants 2 charges to Rupture with a 40 second replenish time per charge|
|Bounty Hunter||Shuriken Toss||Allows Shuriken Toss to bounce twice on each hero (bounces on everyone once, then bounces through each one again)|
|Brewmaster||Primal Split||Grants Earth Thunder Clap, Storm Drunken Haze, and Fire Drunken Brawler |
The skills are applied at Brewmaster`s current level, and
the cooldowns are independent of the original Brewmaster
|Bristleback||Viscous Nasal Goo||Viscous Nasal Goo is no longer targeted, and instead it applies Goo to all enemies around in a 700 radius when cast|
|Centaur Warrunner||Stampede||Reduces all incoming damage by 60% and allows allies to run through obstructions |
Can run through trees, cliffs, etc. Destroys trees.
|Chaos Knight||Phantasm||Reduces cooldown by 20 seconds and allows Phantoms to be cast on an allied hero |
1200 Cast Range
|Chen||Holy Persuasion||Allows Holy Persuasion to target Ancient Creeps|
|Hand of God||Increases the maximum number of controllable ancients by 1 / 2 / 3|
|Clockwerk||Hookshot||Decreases cooldown from 70 / 55 / 40 to 12|
|Crystal Maiden||Freezing Field||Applies Frostbite to any unit that has been standing in the Freezing Field for over 2.5 seconds|
|Dark Seer||Wall of Replica||Increases illusion damage from 60% / 75% / 90% to 100% / 120% / 140%|
|Dazzle||Weave||Increases armor shift per second from 0.75 / 1 / 1.25 to 1.25 / 1.5 / 1.75 |
Increases radius from 575 to 775
|Disruptor||Static Storm||Increases duration from 5 to 7 |
|Doom||Doom||Increases duration from 15 to 16 |
Doom spell duration doesn`t count down while the target is within 900 range of Doom
Applies Break to the target
|Drow Ranger||Marksmanship||Marksmanship now causes her attacks to splinter on the target and split into two arrows affecting two random units in a 375 radius |
The splintered arrows deal 50% damage each, the primary target still takes full damage
The split arrows act as normal attacks, carrying all attack modifiers
|Earth Spirit||Geomagnetic Grip||Allows Geomagnetic Grip to target allied heroes|
|Enchant Remnant||Grants the Enchant Remnant ability |
Allows Earth Spirit to convert an enemy hero into a Stone Remnant for 3 seconds
|Earthshaker||Enchant Totem||Enchant Totem becomes a 900 range ground target ability |
Causes you to jump in the air and land at the target spot, casting enchant totem there
|Elder Titan||Earth Splitter||Units that are pulled in by Earth Splitter will be disarmed in addition to being slowed |
Slow/disarm duration increased from 3 / 4 / 5 to 4 / 5 / 6