|This article documents an Apr. Fools` joke. |
There is no actual Minecraft 2.0 version of Minecraft in development.
|“||2.0 was an april fools and we aren`t going to update them. If you see a bug, tough luck!;D You`re on your own, we won`t support it.||„|
|— Dinnerbone Nathan Adams Real name Nathan Adams Date of birth Jul. 23, 1991 (age 25) 1] Occupation Game developer Nationality British Website dinnerbone.com Known for Bukkit Minecraft Wiki name Dinnerbone Reddit name Dinnerbone @@@#@@@Twitter(twitter.com)###@### name @Dinnerbone Bug on Minecraft 2.0|
On Apr. 1, 2013, Mojang Mojang AB Type Subsidiary Founder(s) Markus Persson, Jakob Porsér, and Carl Manneh Founded 2009 Headquarters Stockholm, Sweden Key people Jens Bergensten Products Minecraft, Scrolls, Cobalt, and Crown and Council Parent @@@#@@@Microsoft(microsoft.com)###@### Studios Links Site Mojang released a hoax announcement for Minecraft 2.0, a new game they had supposedly been working on for two years, describing how it would "bring blocky simulation games to the next level." The post also contained a changelog comprised mostly of nonsensical changes, such as a new slab of TNT TNT Transparency Partial (cannot attach other blocks) Luminance No Blast resistance 0 Tool Any tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable Yes Drops Itself Data value dec: 46 hex: 2E bin: 101110 Name tnt TNT is a block called Etho slab, the addition of lapis lazuli blocks Lapis Lazuli Block Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 15 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 22 hex: 16 bin: 10110 Name lapis_block See the solid Lapis Lazuli (which already existed at the time) and redstone blocks Block of Redstone Transparency Partial (blocks light, mob spawning possible) Luminance No Blast resistance 30 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 152 hex: 98 bin: 10011000 Name redstone_block This article is .
Although lacking most of the promised additions, Minecraft 2.0 was produced and distributed to select celebrity individuals to showcase to the public as part of the joke.
Despite being a joke, some featuresSpecial attraction added in this version were implemented in subsequent updates.
- The chickens coming to the injured chickens defense is a reference to Legend of Zelda, as when you attack a hen, they will swarm you.
- At 1:00 GMT, the splash text in 2.0 is huge and says "APRIL FOOLS!" in pink letters and obstructs the title screen.
- Etho slabs have a bigger explosion than TNT, although they are smaller than TNT.
- Tinted glass uses filters.
- Lightning can strike mobs through blocks.
- The regular wither does not attack the pink wither, as they are classed as the same mob.
- The easier the difficulty, the more challenging super hostile mode is.
- Be that as it may, if you change the difficulty to Peaceful, the super hostile mode will be disabled. This is due to Peaceful difficulty despawning hostile mobs and not allowing them to spawn.
- In the game code, the pink wither is called WitherHug.
- The "Super Hostile Mode" is a reference to Vechs` Super Hostile series of `Complete The Monument` maps. Players must find colored wool to put on a Victory Monument. This is why some of the Mobs spawn with a random block of wool in their helmet slot, these mobs being known as `Fleecy Mobs`, which were the source of the wool in Vechs` Super Hostile map, `Black Desert II`, and also the Skylands map.
- Pink withers seem to not have the ability to fly, unlike the normal Wither.
- The textures for tinted glass, diamond chickens, and Redstone Bugs are all coded into the game, and are not found with the other mobs in the texture pack folders.
- In the changelog, it said "Fixed a bug where skeletons would miss their targets on occasion".
- In the changelog it said that there were many things added to fishing, including new fish. It proceeded to note that fishing had been removed and if you had fish in your inventory you would be damaged to discourage fishing.
The original files were hosted on assets.minecraft.net and were not available to the public. Be that as it may, many people who downloaded the file before it was protected have hosted the .jars elsewhere. On Apr. 5, 2013, Sacheverell, the Content Manager of minecraftforum.net, uploaded the files to Mediafire.
|Original links||Working links|
|Red||Super Hostile only.|
|Blue||Includes all the announced features without Super Hostile mode.|
|Purple (Second)||Purple||Contains both features of Blue and Red.|
|New Launcher||How to Install|
|2.0 for the new launcher||A YouTuber made Minecraft 2.0 work in the new launcher. Tutorial|
Original hoax changelog: http://mojang.com/2013/04/its-finally-coming-minecraft-2-0/
- Etho Slab
- The data value is 160.
- Slab Slab Transparency Double slab: No Single slab: Partial (blocks light) Luminance No Blast resistance Wood: 15 Stone: 30 Tools Renewable Stone: Yes Wood: Yes (except Fake Wood) Cobblestone: Yes Stone Brick: Yes Purpur: Yes Quartz: made out of TNT TNT Transparency Partial (cannot attach other blocks) Luminance No Blast resistance 0 Tool Any tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable Yes Drops Itself Data value dec: 46 hex: 2E bin: 101110 Name tnt TNT is a block .
- Much like other slabs, it can be placed on the upper half of a block.
- It has the same functions as a normal TNT, however when it explodes it spawns an anvil Anvil Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 6,000 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64), same damage state only Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 145 hex: 91 bin: 10010001 Name anvil See the item over players in the explosion`s range.
- The name is a reference to a @@@#@@@YouTube(youtube.com)###@### user with the name "EthosLab", which sometimes looks like the words `Etho slab` (since it is written lower-cased sometimes).
- The falling anvil is possibly a reference to Etho`s long quest to get an anvil kill.
- Torch (Burnt-out)
- The data value is 161.
- Torches Torch Transparency Yes Luminance 14 Blast resistance 0 Tool Any tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 50 hex: 32 bin: 110010 Name torch See the common light-emitting torch. now burn out after a random amount of ticks.
- They can be relit with flint and steel Flint and Steel Type Tools Durability 65 Renewable No Stackable No Data value dec: 259 hex: 103 bin: 100000011 Name flint_and_steel The flint and steel is a tool used to light fires. Contents 1 Obtaining 1.1 Crafting 1.2 .
- The data value is 162.
- Just like the other mineral blocks, it is crafted with 3ℂₗ3 coal:
- Be that as it may, when it is put into the crafting table to get back the coal, the coal obtained will not be stackable with other coal because it has a different item data value: 32767 instead of 0.
- This block was later put into Minecraft in version 1.6.1 with the same texture as from the Apr. Fools version, but it was later reworked.
- Tinted Glass Glass Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 1.5 Tool Any tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops None Data values Glass: dec: 20 hex: 14 bin: 10100 Stained Glass: PC: dec: 95 hex: 5F bin: 1011111 PE: dec: 241 hex: F1
- The data value is 163.
- Glass can be dyed Dyes Type Items Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) First appearances See history Data value dec: 351 hex: 15F bin: 101011111 Name dye Dyes are a set of 16 items used to change the color of wool, any color that the dye exists for, and yields 8 tinted glass of a color of your choice:
- Contains block data values ranging from 0⃢₀ₓ15 that specify the color of the glass. Wool`s block data values produce the same colors when used on tinted glass.
- In 1.7.2, tinted glass was added to the game under the name stained glass.
- Unlike the horses introduced later in 1.6.1, these horses come in shetland pony (pig) and horse (cow).
- Riding mechanics are the same as pigs, except that the full horse requires wheat to direct.
- The shetland pony drops raw porkchop, and the horse drops raw beef.
- In the 2.0 version minecraft.jar file the textures are called pig_horse and cow_horse.
- You sometimes obtain these mobs when you spawn cows and pigs with spawn eggs.
- Friendly wither, or pink wither
- Attracted to sugar, restores health to all surrounding mobs, and applies bone meal to all eligible neighboring blocks.
- It also has the ability to grow roses, dandelions, grass and ferns on grass blocks, due to the bone meal.
- Starts off with one head, and feeding the Friendly Wither sugar will grow another head (up to three) and increase the range of these effects.
- If you want to spawn a Friendly Wither, you will need to place pink wool, with a flower pot containing a rose on top.
- As with their evil counterpart, they drop Nether Stars.
- It is still classified as a hostile mob, though its behavior is not hostile.
- The Friendly Wither is also considered undead, and will be hurt by potions of healing and healed by potions of harming.
- This is because the Friendly Wither has the same entity ID as the Wither.
- The Friendly Wither has no health bar.
- In the version .jar file the texture is named wither_pink.
- Diamond chickens, or blue chickens
- Very rarely spawns instead of a normal chicken.
- Chance of laying diamonds or lapis lazuli instead of eggs.
- They do so at a much slower rate than normal chickens lay eggs.
- Explodes when aggravated.
- Redstone bug
- silverfish with a shade of red that is the same as the redstone they spawn over.
- No behavioral changes.
- Spawns when a redstone error is activated, on the spot of the error.
- Combining themes from YouTuber and MindCracker paulsoaresjr and The Legend of Zelda, Chickens are now a neutral mob, and will sometimes spawn reinforcements when killed.
- They will also attack you when you look at them.
- You can feed sheep, pigs, horses, mooshrooms, and cows to make them fat.
- The tenth time they are fed they explode.
- Using a golden apple on sheep makes them fly.
- Some features that were not noted in the changelog are:
- Mobs can have a rare chance of escaping fences and glass panes.
- Smaller mobs have a larger chance.
- Blocks and mobs can talk using speech bubbles.
- Quotes include "You punched me!", "You mined me!", "Did I do bad?", "That hurts!:(", "You`re mean!" and "Mommy?"
- Mobs can have a rare chance of escaping fences and glass panes.
- "Super Hostile Mode" is an occasional event (every 2⃢₀ₓ5 minutes on Purple version).
- Consisting of a shower of lightning bolts around the player (and usually striking the player at least once), while spawning a large number of powerful monsters in the area and applying the Blindness status to the player. These spawns include not only heavily armed and armored zombies and skeletons, and multiple charged creepers, but even the occasional Blaze and other unexpected monsters. This is a reference to Vechs` Super Hostile series of maps. All of these are apparently triggered by "punching wood" or crafting anything. Naturally, these are some of the first things a survival player will need to do.
- A new option for Super HDHigh-Definition Graphics.
- Which makes all textures monochrome except for recolored/secondary layer textures, such as grass side overlay or the colored glass. Super HD Graphics mode does not, be that as it may, make the game more laggy or glitchy.
- Furnaces have a random chance (with each item smelted) of overheating (producing large amounts of smoke), and eventually exploding.
- The explosion is at least as powerful as a TNT block.
- The explosion created also causes damage to blocks even if submerged in water.
- It will smelt about 3-7 items before exploding.
- Note that it`s based on burn time not items, so a piece of coal will always ignite it.
- Torches burn out over time.
- Droppers are renamed to floppers, and will change anything they drop to a fish.
- This is a GenerikB reference; he said it in a video of MindCrack SMP.
- Zombie Pigmen carry "Battlesigns".
- This is a nod to YouTuber and MindCracker Zisteau, who is noted for using the zombie pigman skin and having the Zistonian Battle sign named after him.
- Tinted glass has a bug where if on Fast graphics, the bottom has some texture glitches when placed on any surface except air.
- You cannot see water through tinted glass, nor see tinted glass through water. This is due to their transparency. They are not fully transparent like glass. This also works with ice for the same reason. This bug was fixed in Minecraft 1.7.2.
- Mooshroom spawn eggs spawn regular cows with mushrooms on their back. Likely intentional.
- Using pick block on tinted glass only yields white tinted glass due to a bug with the item.
- When the heat is not regulated in a furnace underwater, the furnace will still burn, smoke, and explode blocks underwater, setting blocks on fire underwater. The damage of the explosion is likely due to the fact that the furnace block doesn`t have a block of water on the same block as itself, unlike TNT, creepers, withers, and other explosion sources can. Or, it could be to add to the inevitable confusion and chaos hidden behind every new feature.
- Because the horse is just a cow in horse skin, the horse still has udders.
- There are no baby Diamond Chickens.
- Iron Golems attack friendly withers. This is because they are still considered a hostile mob.
- You cannot sleep when there are friendly withers around, because they are considered a hostile mob.
- When an Endermen has an open mouth, and is behind Tinted Glass, the Tinted Glass becomes invisible.
- Chickens don`t have any fattening animation when fed, but will still explode as other mobs with the feeding mechanic.
- Having both a wither and a friendly wither will cause a 200% increase in frame rate. Mojang has promised it will be fixed soon, though this is probably a joke statement.
- Also, since a Redstone Bug is just a reskinned silverfish, it can still infest blocks, but when the block is destroyed, it will re-appear as a silverfish.
- Tinted Glass, Diamond Chickens, and Redstone Bugs still have color when Super HD Graphics is enabled.
April Fool`s Day 2013 announcement
Minecraft 2.0 has added new features into the game, and the full list is:
- Added new Super Hostile game mode, for a much more challenging Survival experience.
- Difficulty setting is now per-world and may never be changed once set.
- Added new graphics setting “Ultra Realistic” with new patent-pending experimental 4D-rendering.₠
- Added new chase-style 3D camera perspective.
- Added new realistic food/hunger system to animals.
- Overfeeding animals may have a negative effect on gameplay.
- Added a new “Horse” animal, with two different breeds to choose from.
- Each animal now has a gender and personality, introducing new farming mechanics.
- Added a new rare breed of chicken known as a “Diamond Chicken”.
- May lay diamonds or lapis instead of laying eggs.
- May also blow up from too much pressure. Handle with care.
- Added new friendly Pink Wither, which is the complete opposite of a normal wither.
- Shoots out Love, which heals the nearby land and causes things to grow faster.
- Known bug: Having both a Pink Wither and a Wither in your world at the same time may cause up to a 200% increase in frame-rate. Will be fixed for launch.
- All animals may be fed Golden Apples to unleash their hidden magical properties (see new Magic section).
- Chickens are now classified as a hostile mob and are no longer passive.
- Chickens do not appreciate being looked at and may get upset.
- Attacking a lone chicken may summon additional chickens to its defense.
- Zombie Pigmen now spawn with battlesigns and no longer use swords.
- Fixed a bug causing Skeletons to miss their targets on occasion.
- Added new Redstone Bug monster (see Redstone section).
- Furnaces have a new ⃢₀ₜheat⃢₀ mechanic.
- Heat needs to be regulated in furnaces or they will blow up.
- Torches now burn out after a period of time, but may be relit with flint and steel.
- Added new TNT slab, known as an Etho Slab.
- Renamed Droppers to floppers, by popular community demand.
- Droppers were deemed too powerful and go against our original vision of the game.
- Floppers now turn everything that passes through them into raw fish (see Fishing section).
- Added six (6) new decoration blocks:
- Hay bales
- Lapis Lazuli
- Slime blocks
- Added new compressed storage blocks for commonly mined ores:
- Coal Block
- Lapis Lazuli Block
- Redstone Block
- Lapis may now be used for new Lapis furniture.
- Added dyed glass.
- Walking over many blocks will gradually wear them down, creating many new block variants such as Cracked Stone and Muddy Grass.
- Removed all BUD behavior, and added safeguards so that it may never come back.
- Made redstone bugs spawn actual Redstone Bugs to assist with debugging.
- Added new Quantum Entangled redstone, obtained by mixing 1 redstone, 1 diamond and 3 lapis.
- One entangled redstone dust will connect to another pair elsewhere.
- No current way of specifying the connection, may in fact connect to another player⃢₀ₙs world.
- Added new BUD blocks.
- Added new Magic and Luck levels per player.
- Finding a Rainbow after rain passes will be the primary way of obtaining Magic.
- Finding a green-tinted horse will be the primary way of obtaining Luck.
- Added new spell system, costing magic to perform a spell.
- Spells may backfire, depending on Luck.
- Examples of new spells include:
- Turn any item into Fish.
- Turn current biome into another biome (bug: currently only turns into ocean).
- Ability to remove gravity from other creatures/players in the world.
- Overhauled fishing mechanics.
- New special types of fish may be found in various different biomes.
- Fish may become scared if too much noise is made nearby.
- Added 28 new achievements for fishing.
- Rare chance for extra items to drop when fishing, such as armor and maps.
- Removed fishing.
- Having a fish in your possession will drain your health by 1 each second, to help phase out fishing.
- Removed crossbows.
- To deter cheating players on PvP servers, the PvP system has been completely redesigned.
- Players may no longer attack other players directly, but must recruit an army of Monsters and Animals.
- Each monster/animal has different strengths, weaknesses and abilities whilst attacking or defending in PvP combat.
- New turn-based combat system will help create epic battles that may last hours at a time.
World generation & terrain
- Added many new mysterious adventuring locations.
- Added 6 new biomes.
- Reimplemented the Farlands.
- Going near the farlands will forcefully enable 3d anaglyph.
- Known bug: Teleporting towards the farlands may send you half way in the opposite direction.
- Added dozens of new village building templates.
For an added sense of authenticity, Mojang gave a copy of Minecraft 2.0 to Youtubers including:
- YOGSCAST Martyn (Minecraft 2.0 EARLY ACCESS!! w/ SoTotallyToby)
- SethBling (MindCrack SMP — Ep 1: MineCraft 2.0 Pre-Release Review)
- PaulSoaresJr (Minecraft 2.0 – Mindcrack EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEEK!)
- Vechs (Ep01 Minecraft 2.0 LP – A Fresh Start)
- BlameTheController (Minecraft 2.0 Beta Ep 1: Multiplayer Dungeon World first);
- Guude₠(Minecraft MindCrack – S4E1 – Minecraft 2.0)
- Xisumavoid₠(Minecraft 2.0 Update Preview);
- Keralis (Wife vs. Minecraft – Episode 30: Minecraft 2.0!)
- Biffa2001 (Minecraft 2.0 One Life – “Death By Blue Chickens”)
- Docm77 (Minecraft 2.0 Closed Beta – Exclusive First Look)
- W92Baj (Minecraft 2.0 – You wont believe what has been added – Mindcrack prelease overview.)
- Mhykol (Mhykol Mines – Mindcrack – Episode 259 – Minecraft 2.0)
- Generikb₠(Minecraft 2.0 FIRST LOOK!)
Copied from http://mojang.com/