Lapis lazuli is a primary color dye and an enchanting item.
When mined with a stone pickaxe Pickaxe Type Tools Durability Wood: 60 Uses Stone: 132 Uses Iron: 251 Uses Golden: 33 Uses Diamond: 1562 Uses Renewable Yes Stackable No Data values See data values Name See data values Pickaxes are one or better, a block of lapis lazuli ore Lapis Lazuli Ore Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 15 Tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Experience Mined: 2–5 Smelted: 0.2 Drops Lapis Lazuli (4–8) Data value dec: 21 hex: 15 bin: 10101 Name lapis_ore This will drop 4⃢₀ₓ8 pieces of lapis lazuli. With the Fortune "Flame" redirects here. For the non-solid damage-dealing block, see Fire. “ How does enchanting work in Minecraft? Well, you open a magical book and pick a random spell, not quite sure knowing what it will III enchantment, a single block has a chance of dropping up to 32 pieces.
|Ingredients||Crafting Crafting is the method by which many blocks, tools, and materials are made in Minecraft. In order to craft something, players must move items from their inventory to a crafting grid. A 2×2 crafting grid recipe|
|Lapis Lazuli Block|
Cleric villagers Villager Health points 20 () Size Adult: Height: 1.95 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks Baby: Height: 0.975 Blocks Width: 0.3 Blocks Spawn Village When a zombie villager is cured First appearances See History Drops None Experience sell 1⃢₀ₓ2 lapis lazuli for an emerald Emerald Type Raw materials Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) First appearances See History Data value dec: 388 hex: 184 bin: 110000100 Name emerald See the gem. For the ore, see Emerald Ore. For as part of their second tier of trades All villager trades, separated by profession. The trading system is a gameplay mechanic that allows players to trade emeralds for items (and vice-versa) with villagers. Contents 1 Functionality 1.1 Brown Robed Villager 1.2 White Robed .
Lapis lazuli can be found in 17.0% of chest minecarts Minecart with Chest Type Vehicles Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable No Internal ID PC: 43 PE: 98 Network ID PC: 10 Entity ID chest_minecart Drops 1 Minecart 1 Chest plus contents Health points 6 () in abandoned mineshafts Abandoned mineshaft Biome Any Consists of Wooden Planks Fence Rail Torch Cobweb Dirt Monster Spawner Minecart with Chest Can generate post-generation No First appearances See history "Mine" redirects here. For information about mining, see Mining. in stacks of 4⃢₀ₓ9.
Like all other dyes, lapis lazuli can be:
- Applied to sheep Sheep Health points 8 () Size Adult: Height: 1.3 Blocks Width: 0.9 Blocks Baby: Height: 0.65 Blocks Width: 0.45 Blocks Spawn Opaque blocks with at least two block space above them. First appearances See History to dye their wool, which can then be sheared Shears Type Tools Durability 238 Renewable Yes Stackable No First appearances See History Data value dec: 359 hex: 167 bin: 101100111 Name shears Shears are a tool used primarily to shear sheep and mine a few types of for 1–3 blocks of blue wool.
- Applied to tamed wolves Wolf Health points Wild: 8 () Tamed: 20 () Attack strength Wild: Easy: 3 () Normal: 4 () Hard: 6 () Tamed: 4 () Size Adult: Height: 0.85 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks Baby: Height: 0.425 to dye their collars.
- Used to dye/stain wool Wool Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 4 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64), same color only Flammable Yes Drops Itself Data value dec: 35 hex: 23 bin: 100011 Name wool Wool is a block derived from sheep , leather armor, beds, glass Glass Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 1.5 Tool Any tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops None Data values Glass: dec: 20 hex: 14 bin: 10100 Stained Glass: PC: dec: 95 hex: 5F bin: 1011111 PE: dec: 241 hex: F1 , terracotta Terracotta Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 21 Tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Experience Smelted: 0.1 Drops Itself Data values Terracotta dec: 172 hex: AC bin: 10101100 Stained Terracotta dec: 159 hex: 9F bin: 10011111 Name Terracotta hardened_clay and shulker boxes Shulker Box Type Block Entity Physics No Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 30 Hardness 6 Tool Renewable No Stackable No Flammable No Drops Itself Block entity id shulker_box Data values PC: dec: 219 hex: DB bin: 11011011 .
- Combined with gunpowder Gunpowder Type Raw materials Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) First appearances See History Data value dec: 289 hex: 121 bin: 100100001 Name gunpowder Gunpowder is an item that is used for explosive-related actions. Contents 1 Obtaining to make a firework star Firework Star Type ? Durability 0 (Data) Renewable Trail Effect: No All Others: Yes Stackable Yes (64) First appearances See History Data value dec: 402 hex: 192 bin: 110010010 Name firework_charge Firework stars are items used to determine .
- Combined with a firework star to create a “fade to color” effect.
- Used to add patterns to banners Banner Type Non-Solid Block Physics No Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 5 Hardness 1 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (16) Flammable No, but catches fire from lava First appearances See history Drops Itself Block .
- Used to dye shulkers Shulker Health points 30 ( × 15) Armor points 20 ( × 10) when closed Attack strength 4 () Size Closed: Height: 1.0 Blocks Width: 1.0 Blocks Open: Height: 1.2069 Blocks Width: 1.0 Blocks Spawn End city . Pocketedition only Pocket Edition Author(s) Mojang AB Jens Bergensten Aron Nieminen Daniel Kaplan Tommaso Checchi Shoghi Cervantes Jason Major Daniel Wustenhoff Tomas Alaeus Mikael "Slicedlime" Hedberg @@@#@@@Microsoft(microsoft.com)###@### Studios 1] Platform(s) Written in C++ 2] Latest version 1.1.2
- Combined with sand Sand Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 2.5 Tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Experience Smelted: 0.1 Drops Itself Data values Sand dec: 120 hex: C0 bin: 11000 Red Sand dec: 121 hex: C1 bin: 11001 Name sand This and gravel Gravel Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 3 Tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Gravel (90%) Flint (10%) Data value dec: 13 hex: D bin: 1101 Name gravel Gravel is a block that is affected to craft concrete powder Concrete Powder Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 2.5 Tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data values PC: dec: 252 hex: FC bin: 11111100 PE: dec: 237 hex: ED bin: 11101101 Name concrete_powder See .
1⃢₀ₓ3 pieces of lapis lazuli are used to enchant items See items as they are in the inventory. For the entity that items and blocks turn into when dropped, see Item (entity). For the items that mobs leave behind on death, see in an enchantment table Enchantment Table Type Solid Block Requirements None Physics No Transparency Yes Luminance Computer: No Pocket Edition: 12 Blast resistance 6,000 Hardness 5 Tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No First appearances See History Drops .