Pigs typically roam the Overworld The Overworld, as seen in an extreme hills and a forest biome The Overworld is the dimension in which all players begin their Minecraft journey. Contents 1 Creation 1.1 Seeds 2 Environment 2.1 Biomes 2.2 in groups of 4.
Pigs act similarly to other passive mobs; they will wander aimlessly, avoiding falling off cliffs high enough to cause fall damage, and will usually stay out of water. Pigs will follow any player who is carrying a carrot, carrot on a stick Carrot on a Stick Type Tools Durability 26 Renewable Yes Stackable No First appearances See history Data value dec: 398 hex: 18E bin: 110001110 Name PC: carrot_on_a_stick PE: carrotonastick “ Carrots on sticks! Get on your pig and , potato, or beetroot, and will stop following if the player moves over approximately 5 blocks away from the pig. Pigs will also randomly oink.
When struck by lightning Lightning during a thunderstorm. A lightning bolt strikes a tree. A creeper can be seen hopping about in the woods. If it had been closer to the strike, it would have become charged. Thunderstorms are , pigs turn into zombie pigmen Zombie Pigman Health points 20 () Armor points 2 () Attack strength Easy: 5 () Normal: 9 () Hard: 13 () Size Height: 1.95 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks Spawn Any 2 block high space in any .
Pigs are rideable passive mobs "Monster" redirects here. For the mob called "monster" in the code, see Human. Mobs are living, moving game entities. The term "mob" is short for "mobile". 1] Contents 1 Spawning 2 Behavior 3 List of .
- Saddled pigs in minecarts behave strangely:
- If the player mounts the pig and uses the opposite controls for direction, the speed of the minecart will be boosted to the same speed as a minecart travelling on powered rails.
- The minecart, ridden or not, will not come to a stop unless it hits a block. Other entities and unpowered gold rails will only slow it to a minimum speed.
- Also, if you sit on a saddled pig in a minecart that isn`t on a track, you are able to control the minecart and drive it around like a car (although it is very slow).
- In Pocket Edition, quitting the game while boosting a ridden pig will cause the pig to always move at boosted speed.
- One of the splashes which shows up on the title screen reads "Ride the pig!".
- The house-music artist deadmau5 released a song titled "Get In The Cart, Pig" (later named "Fn Pig"), in a direct reference to Minecraft.
- If a saddled pig is struck by lightning, it still transforms into a zombie pigman and the saddle is lost. The player is ejected from the pig if the player was riding it.
- You can still see a pig`s saddle when it is under the effect of Invisibility. This does not occur in the Pocket Edition.
Pigs are 0.875 blocks tall.
Pigs spawn on grass blocks Grass Block Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 3 Tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Dirt (1) Data value dec: 02 hex: 2 bin: 10 Name grass See the dirt block with at a light level of 9 or more. Herds of pigs spawn upon world generation.
Pigs drop 1–3 pieces of raw porkchop Raw Porkchop Type Food Restores 3 () Cookable Yes Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Experience Cooked: 0.35 First appearances See History Data value dec: 319 hex: 13F bin: 100111111 Name porkchop A raw porkchop is a food item (1–3 units of cooked porkchop Cooked Porkchop Type Food Restores 8 () Cookable No Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) First appearances See History Data value dec: 320 hex: 140 bin: 101000000 Name PC: cooked_porkchop PE: porkchop_cooked This page or section has been suggested if killed while on fire). Baby pigs don`t drop anything, including experience. Adult pigs also drop 1–3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf. They also drop saddles if saddled.
Pigs can be bred using carrots Carrot Type Food Restores 3 () Cookable No Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) First appearances See History Data values Block dec: 141 hex: 8D bin: 10001101 Item dec: 391 hex: 187 bin: 110000111 Name Block carrots Item carrot This article is , potatoes Potato Type Food Restores 1 () Cookable Yes Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Experience Cooked: 0.35 First appearances See History Data values Block dec: 142 hex: 8E bin: 10001110 Item dec: 392 hex: 188 bin: 110001000 Name Block potatoes Item potato , and beetroots Beetroot Type Food Restores 1 () Cookable No Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Luminance No First appearances See History Data values PC: dec: 434 hex: 1B2 bin: 110110010 Pocket Edition:: dec: 457 hex: 1C9 bin: 111001001 Name beetroot This article is . It takes about 5 minutes before the parents can be bred once more, which applies to all farm animals. It takes at least one full Minecraft `day` (20 minutes or more) for piglets to mature. The appearance of a piglet is roughly similar to that of an adult pig, having the same sized heads, but noticeably smaller bodies. Piglets will stay around their parents until they mature, although the parents cannot protect the piglet(s) from harm.
The growth of baby pigs can be slowly accelerated by feeding them. Each use takes 10% off the remaining time to grow up.
- See also: Saddle
|“||I went with carrots, and the future of pig based transportation has arrived... this future smells funny:(||„|
|— Dinnerbone Nathan Adams Real name Nathan Adams Date of birth Jul. 23, 1991 (age 25) 1] Occupation Game developer Nationality British Website dinnerbone.com Known for Bukkit Minecraft Wiki name Dinnerbone Reddit name Dinnerbone @@@#@@@Twitter(twitter.com)###@### name @Dinnerbone Bug announce rideable pig|
Saddled pigs are controllable with a carrot on a stick. They start slow but end up going 4.00m/s. Pigs can be controlled through 1-block-high bodies of water with a carrot and stick, but any deeper and they will throw the player from their back. Using the carrot on a stick while riding a pig will cause it to accelerate to a burst of speed, taking 7 durability from the carrot and stick. It is not necessary to continue holding the carrot on a stick once the pig has begun having the burst of speed. Damage is taken by the part that was hit; fall damage is taken by the pig. Be that as it may, it does not cause any knockback nor any decrease of movement speed.
- See also: Chunk format Chunks store the terrain and entities within a 16×256×16 area. They also store precomputed lighting, heightmap data for Minecraft s performance, and other meta information. Contents 1 NBT structure 2 Block format 3 Entity format 3.1
Pigs have entity data associated with them that contain various properties of the mob. Their entity ID is
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- Tags common to all mobs see Template:Nbt inherit/mob/template
- Additional fields for mobs that can breed see Template:Nbt inherit/breedable/template
Saddle: 1 or 0 (true/false) - true if there is a saddle Saddle Type Tools Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable No First appearances See History Data value dec: 329 hex: 149 bin: 101001001 Name saddle See normal saddles. For the removed horse saddle, see Removed features#Horse saddle. on the pig.
|Icon||Achievement Pocket Edition & Console Edition only The popup that appears when an achievement is earned. "The End?" and "The End." redirect here. For the dimension, see The End. Certain names of achievements redirect here. For||In-game description||Actual requirements (if different)||Availability||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
|When Pigs Fly||Fly a pig off a cliff||Be riding a pig (e.g. using a saddle Saddle Type Tools Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable No First appearances See History Data value dec: 329 hex: 149 bin: 101001001 Name saddle See normal saddles. For the removed horse saddle, see Removed features#Horse saddle. ) when it hits the ground with a fall distance greater than 5.||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||40G||Gold|
|Icon||Advancement Java Edition Only “ The system as a whole is called "advancements", which is aimed at guiding & tracking players progress through the game (in vanilla survival and any custom additions by mapmakers or mods).||In-game description||Parent||Actual requirements (if different)||Internal ID|
|The Parrots and the Bats||Breed two animals together||Husbandry||Breed a pair of one of these 10 mobs. Other breedable mobs, if any, are ignored for the advancement.|| |
|Two by Two||Breed all the animals!||The Parrots and the Bats||Breed pairs of each of these 10 mobs. Other tamable mobs, if any, are ignored for the advancement.|| |
Issues relating to ⃢₀ₜPig⃢₀ are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
The original pig model before it was made into a creeper.
Pigs have a height of 1.1875 blocks, a length of 1.25 blocks, and a width of 0.625 blocks. Hitting a pig will cause it to flee for a short while. It will eventually calm down.
Pigs are good for gathering porkchops. First, the Player should make a fenced-in area, 4 blocks wide and 1 block deep, with a fence gate, then lure a pig into the farm with carrots. After getting at least two, breed them as often as possible, by right-clicking on them with carrots or wheat in your hand, and kill one every time there are three or more than 4 adults.
- Main article: Saddle
For one to ride a pig, one must first find a Saddle in a Dungeon, Desert Temple, or Jungle Temple, as they are not craftable. A saddle can be placed on the pig by left-clicking the pig (in PC version) while the saddle is held in one`s hand. The pig will then be wearing an orange saddle, and it can be mounted. A player cannot control the pig`s movement unless they use a Carrot on a Stick, holding it in the direction they want the pig to walk. A mounted pig can be told to sprint by right-clicking.
A saddle can only be removed by killing the pig.
BreedingA pig can be fed a , carrot or potato to enter love mode. When two pigs are in love mode within 16 blocks of each other, they make a baby pig. It takes one full Minecraft day (or 20 minutes) for the piglet to grow into an adult Pig. beetroot
- Because a pig can be saddled, it has two texture files: one with a saddle and one without.
- The hostile Creeper mob was accidentally created when Notch was trying to create a pig model. Notch had swapped the length and height, and so he decided to make it a new mob.
- As of 1.2.3, adult Pigs no longer follow piglets.
- The pig has 2 related humanoid mobs: Pigmen and Zombie Pigmen (the former is unused).
- As of 1.2.4., saddles can no longer be put on piglets.
- Like Sheep, Squids, Iron Golems and Cows, Pigs are wall-eyed.
- Piglets, like all baby animals, make a higher-pitched noise than the adult.
- Pigs didn`t always have a protruding snout, this was added in 1.8 - The Bountiful Update.
- If a player rides a pig and then they fall off a cliff and the pig takes more than 4 HP fall damage, the Player will get the achievement "When Pigs Fly".
- Pigs used to only drop 0-2 Raw Porkchops upon death, but it was eventually raised to 1-3 Porkchops upon death.
- Pigs make an "oink" sound when they walk around.
- As of Beta 1.5, a Pig will morph into a zombie pigman if it`s struck by Lightning.
- When killed with Fire, an adult pig will drop 1-3 cooked porkchops.
- In Survival Test 0.24_05, The pigs were completely cross eyed. This was the version when Pigs were first added.
- On the PC/Mac edition, if the language is changed to Australian English, Pigs will be referred to as "Wombats."
- While riding a pig, one can actually make it climb vines and ladders.