Cows tend to walk around slowly and aimlessly, mooing and breathing occasionally. They will avoid walking off cliffs high enough to cause fall damage. Like other passive mobs, they will panic and randomly run around if you hit them.
A cow will follow the player if they are holding wheat Wheat Type Food Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) First appearances See History Data value dec: 296 hex: 128 bin: 100101000 Name wheat See the food item. For the planted seed and the wheat , but will stop if the player travels too far away (approximately 10 blocks).
In the Console Editions Console Edition Author(s) Mojang AB 4J Studios Platform(s) Written in C++ Latest version Xbox 360 - TU53 Xbox One - CU43 PS3 - 1.51 PS4 - 1.50 PSVita - 1.51 Wii U - Patch 23 , cows are unaware of cliffs, ravines, and holes in the ground, leading them to occasionally fall and die.
- Cows in the PC Gamer demo of Minecraft are branded with a `PCG` logo on their side.
- In Survival Multiplayer, clicking anywhere on the cow with a bucket will fill it with milk, but only at the maximum distance at which you can use the bucket.
- As of Beta 1.3_01, the pink of the cow`s ear may also be milked.
- In 1.8 cows seem to be less common than other passive mobs. This may be due to the fact that since 1.8 cows give an abundance of resources including beef, leather and milk whereas other passive mobs give less.
- It takes one full Minecraft day or 20 minutes for calves to become fully mature cows.
- In 1.4, the cow`s sounds were changed slightly, such as new step sounds and idle sounds.
- If a Player kills a cow and gets its leather, the achievement "Cow tipper" will be unlocked.
- However, horse leather also works for the achievement.
- In Minecraft, all cows are female because in real life, only female cows can be milked; however, all cows can still breed and have offspring.
Cows are passive mobs "Monster" redirects here. For the mob called "monster" in the code, see Human. Mobs are living, moving game entities. The term "mob" is short for "mobile". 1] Contents 1 Spawning 2 Behavior 3 List of found in the Overworld The Overworld, as seen in an extreme hills and a forest biome The Overworld is the dimension in which all players begin their Minecraft journey. Contents 1 Creation 1.1 Seeds 2 Environment 2.1 Biomes 2.2 .
- Cows resemble Norwegian red cattle.
- Cows in the PC Gamer Minecraft Demo are branded with a `PCG` logo on their side.
- Notch stated in a tweet that all ⃢₀ₜbreedable⃢₀ peaceful mobs displayed traits of both genders and could breed with any other individual of their species. This applies to cows, since they have horns and give milk (although female cows have horns)
Cows are 1.4 blocks tall.
Baby cows are 0.7 blocks tall.
Cows spawn in herds of 4 on top of opaque blocks with at least 2 blocks of space above them, at a light level of 9 or higher. They mostly spawn in herds while the world is first generating; although if there are no passive mobs in loaded chunks, they can spawn after world generation in normal spawning cycles.
If cows are given wheat, their love mode will be triggered, and they will pair off to create calves, which may grant the player a small amount of experience. The parent cows will then have a cooldown of 5 minutes before they can breed again.
The growth of baby cows can be slowly accelerated using wheat. Each use takes 10% off the remaining time to grow up.
Shearing Shears Type Tools Durability 238 Renewable Yes Stackable No First appearances See History Data value dec: 359 hex: 167 bin: 101100111 Name shears Shears are a tool used primarily to shear sheep and mine a few types of a mooshroom will turn it into a cow.
Adult cows drop 0–2 leather Leather Type Raw materials Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) First appearances See History Data value dec: 334 hex: 14E bin: 101001110 Name leather See the leather from cows and horses. For the leather , 1–3 raw beef Raw Beef Type Food Restores 3 () Cookable Yes Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Experience Cooked: 0.35 First appearances See History Data value dec: 363 hex: 16B bin: 101101011 Name beef Raw beef is a food item which (1–3 steak Steak Type Food Restores 8 () Cookable No Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) First appearances See History Data value dec: 364 hex: 16C bin: 101101100 Name cooked_beef This page or section has been suggested to be merged with if killed by fire) and 1–3 experience Experience First appearances See History Internal ID PC: 2 PE: 69 Network ID PC: none Entity ID xp_orb XP bar visible above hotbar. Experience (EXP or XP for short) can be obtained by gathering experience .
Cows can be milked Milk Type Food/Drink Restores None; Cancels all status effects Cookable No Renewable Yes Stackable No First appearances See History Data values PC: dec: 335 hex: 14F bin: 101001111 PE: dec: 3251 hex: 1451 bin: 1010001011 Name PC: milk_bucket PE: bucket A by using a bucket Bucket Type Tools Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (16) First appearances See History Data values PC: dec: 325 hex: 145 bin: 101000101 PE: dec: 3250 hex: 1450 bin: 1010001010 Name bucket See the item. For the server on them.
Like other baby animals, killing a baby cow yields no items, nor experience.
- See also: Chunk format Chunks store the terrain and entities within a 16×256×16 area. They also store precomputed lighting, heightmap data for Minecraft s performance, and other meta information. Contents 1 NBT structure 2 Block format 3 Entity format 3.1
Cows have entity data associated with them that contain various properties of the mob. Their entity ID is
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- Tags common to all mobs see Template:Nbt inherit/mob/template
- Additional fields for mobs that can breed see Template:Nbt inherit/breedable/template
|Icon||Advancement Java Edition Only “ The system as a whole is called "advancements", which is aimed at guiding & tracking players progress through the game (in vanilla survival and any custom additions by mapmakers or mods).||In-game description||Parent||Actual requirements (if different)||Internal ID|
|The Parrots and the Bats||Breed two animals together||Husbandry||Breed a pair of one of these 10 mobs. Other breedable mobs, if any, are ignored for the advancement.|| |
|Two by Two||Breed all the animals!||The Parrots and the Bats||Breed pairs of each of these 10 mobs. Other tamable mobs, if any, are ignored for the advancement.|| |
Issues relating to ⃢₀ₜCow⃢₀ are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
When killed, a cow drops up to 2 leather, as well as up to 3 raw beef. If the cow dies while on fire, steak will be dropped instead of beef. A cow can be milked by right clicking with an empty bucket. Due to the fact that cows can be bred an unlimited number of times using renewable wheat, all of the cow`s products are renewable.
Cows roam the Overworld in herds of 3⃢₀ₓ8, although they sometimes roam alone after being from their pack and can be observed jumping up slight inclines and falling to their deaths from tall cliffs and overhangs. Cows often spawn in snowy and plains biomes. Cows will make no attempt to stay out of water, and will bob up and down to stay afloat. They will flee when attacked and tend to walk around, lowing (mooing), like most passive mobs.
|Health Points:||10HP₠(5x )|
|Attack Strength:||Can only push the player|
|Location:||Breed a pair of adult cows (give wheat)|
Calves are the offspring of two adult cows. In order to breed cows, you must give them each one a portion of wheat. There will be many red hearts around each of the cows (this being called "Love Mode"). After entering Love Mode, a small calf will appear near the parents. Like adult cows, these calves can be milked, despite their immaturity. Like other baby animals, Calves do not drop any items when killed.