|Written in|| |
|Latest version|| |
|Source available|| |
Console Edition refers to the console versions of Minecraft Minecraft Author(s) Mojang AB (Credits) Markus "Notch" Persson (Creator) Jens "Jeb" Bergensten (Lead Developer) Jon "jonkagstrom" Kågström (AI Programmer) Nathan "Dinnerbone" Adams Erik "Grum" Broes Michael "Searge" Stoyke Thomas "ProfMobius" Guimbretière Agnes "LadyAgnes" Larsson Maria developed by 4J Studios 4J Studios Type Private Founder(s) Paddy Burns and Chris van der Kuyl Founded 2005 Headquarters Dundee and East Linton, Scotland Products Minecraft Console Edition, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and others Parent None Links Site 4J Studios which . It is available on:
- Xbox 360 Xbox 360 Edition Author(s) Mojang AB 4J Studios Platform(s) Xbox 360 Written in C++ 1] Latest version TU53 Released Digital - Marketplace May 9th, 2012 Retail Disc - DVD s Jun. 4th, 2013 Rating(s) (online interactions
- Xbox One Xbox One Edition Author(s) Mojang AB 4J Studios Platform(s) Xbox One Written in C++ 1] 2] Latest version CU43 Released Digital - Marketplace Sep. 5, 2014 3] Retail Disc - BluRay Nov. 18, 2014 Rating(s)
- PlayStation 3 PlayStation 3 Edition Author(s) Mojang AB 4J Studios Platform(s) PlayStation 3 Written in C++ Latest version 1.51 Released Digital - PSN Dec. 17th, 2013 Retail disc - BluRay EU May 14, 2014 NA May 18,
- PlayStation 4 PlayStation 4 Edition Author(s) Mojang AB 4J Studios Platform(s) PlayStation 4 Written in C++ Latest version 1.50 Released Digital - PSN Sep. 5, 2014 Retail Disc - BluRay Oct. 3, 2014 Rating(s) ESRB: E10+ PEGI:
- PlayStation Vita
- Wii U Wii U Edition Author(s) Mojang AB 4J Studios Platform(s) Written in C++ Latest version Patch 23 Released Digital - eShop Dec. 17, 2015 Retail Disc Jun. 17, 2016 1] Rating(s) (Online interactions not rated) PEGI:
- Nintendo Switch Nintendo Switch Edition Author(s) Mojang AB 4J Studios Platform(s) Nintendo Switch Written in C++ Latest version Patch 3 Released Digital - eShop May 11, 2017 Physical Release TBA 1] Rating(s) ESRB: Everyone 10+ Size 696
The Console Edition introduces new featuresSpecial attraction such as a simpler crafting Crafting is the method by which many blocks, tools, and materials are made in Minecraft. In order to craft something, players must move items from their inventory to a crafting grid. A 2×2 crafting grid system, in-game tutorials, and split-screen multiplayer See the multiplayer experience in Minecraft. For the multiplayer software, see Server. PvP (Player versus Player) on a multiplayer server. Multiplayer is the server-based version of Minecraft that enables multiple players to (excluding Vita PlayStation Vita Edition Author(s) Mojang AB 4J Studios Platform(s) PlayStation Vita Written in C++ Latest version 1.51 Released Digital - PSN Oct. 14, 2014 (NA) Oct. 15, 2014 (Europe) Retail Nov. 11, 2014(NA) Nov. 19, ), as well as online multiplayer for up to eight players online, which requires a PlayStation Plus subscription (PS4 only), Xbox LIVE (requires Xbox Live Gold subscription), Nintendo Network, or Nintendo Switch Online. As with all versions, updates are free of charge.
In summer 2017, the Xbox One and Nintendo Switch Editions will no longer be available on the MicrosoftTechnology company Store or Nintendo eShop, though these editions will still be updated by 4J Studios. People who own these editions will be able to download the new Bedrock Engine version of Minecraft for free, and their worlds and purchased DLC will transfer to the new version. With the Better Together Update This page is about planned versions of all editions of Minecraft. These updates either have major sources to their existence or have received development versions. Note that only editions with known planned updates are listed , they will have cross-play with each other, as well as the other versions of Minecraft that use the Bedrock Engine.
- 4J Studios 4J Studios Type Private Founder(s) Paddy Burns and Chris van der Kuyl Founded 2005 Headquarters Dundee and East Linton, Scotland Products Minecraft Console Edition, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and others Parent None Links Site 4J Studios which , the company making the Minecraft port for consoles, also made several other video game ports, namely Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, and Perfect Dark for XBLA as well as The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for PS3.
- Notch stated that the Xbox 360 would be the sole console provider of Minecraft. Be that as it may, @@@#@@@Sony(sony.com)###@### later annnounced that there would be versions for the PS3, PS4, and Vita released. Then, Mojang would later announce a Wii U edition.
- There is no way to modify Console Edition legitimately, but it can be cracked to do so. Notice that there is a chance for you to get banned when using mods, except on Wii U.
- You can grab edge blocks with sticky pistons. Be that as it may, it`s impossible to push blocks into the edge.
- Spiders can climb the edge of the world, as it`s classed as a block.
The objective of the game remains the same as its original computer and Pocket Edition Pocket Edition Author(s) Mojang AB Jens Bergensten Aron Nieminen Daniel Kaplan Tommaso Checchi Shoghi Cervantes Jason Major Daniel Wustenhoff Tomas Alaeus Mikael "Slicedlime" Hedberg MicrosoftTechnology company Studios 1] Platform(s) Written in C++ 2] Latest version 1.1.2 counterparts, where players can build virtual realities in a sandbox-like environment. There is no preset goal; the player may choose to set their own goals.
For the most part, the Console Edition of the game is almost identical to the PCPersonal Computer edition but with few apparent differences, but was released with the Xbox 360 Edition in an earlier version equivalent to the PC version Beta 1.6.6, rather than the current PC version at the time of release, 1.2.5 1.2.5 Release date Apr. 4, 2012 1] Development versions Pre-releases 1.2.5-pre Download Client (.json) Server Other editions of 1.2.5 Java Edition Alpha ◄◄ 1.2.1 ◄ 1.2.4 1.3.1 ►► See the computer edition. . The Wii U Edition was released with an earlier version equivalent to the PC version 1.6.4, rather than the current PC version at the time of release, 1.8.9 1.8.9 Release date Dec. 9, 2015 Download Client (.json) Server ◄◄ 1.8 ◄ 1.8.8 1.9 ►► See the computer edition. For other editions, see Version history (disambiguation). 1.8.9 1] is an update .
Differences from the PC edition
Differences from PC version 1.8 1.8 Official name Bountiful Update Type Release Release date Sep. 2, 2014 1] Development versions View all Snapshots 14w02a 14w02b 14w02c 14w03a 14w03b 14w04a 14w04b 14w05a 14w05b 14w06a 14w06b 14w07a 14w08a 14w10a 14w10b 14w10c 14w11a include:
- The game features splitscreen Console Edition only Splitscreen is a Console Edition-exclusive featureSpecial attraction that allows up to four players to play on one screen at the same time. Using Splitscreen requires a screen with an output of at least functionality, however an HDTV with a Component or HDMI cable is required for split-screen play. Split-screen functionality works with a VGA connection to a PC monitor as well as HDMI-to-DVI cables to a PC monitor. Up to 4 players can play in split screen, as well as the possibility to play 8-person online multiplayer game modes in split-screen (or even local wirelessWireless is a term used to describe telecommunications in which electromagnetic waves communications on Switch). The "PlayStation Vita Edition" only supports up to 2-4 players online and Ad-Hoc support.
- The game includes an automatic crafting Crafting is the method by which many blocks, tools, and materials are made in Minecraft. In order to craft something, players must move items from their inventory to a crafting grid. A 2×2 crafting grid system where you do not have to place the blocks in the grid. Be that as it may, there is an option to use the PC crafting.
- The Console Edition includes a tutorial mode See the tutorial world in the Console Edition. For user created tutorials, see Tutorial. For survival mode tutorial hints, see Tutorial hints. Console Edition only In-game screenshot of the tutorial. The Mansion not included in the PC version of the game. This tutorial leads the player through the basics of digging "Punch" redirects here. For the enchantment, see Enchanting#Punch. The Player punches trees and gets wood (click to view animation). Breaking, digging, punching, or mining is one of the most fundamental activities in Minecraft, performed (by and placing blocks Blocks may refer to: Block - cubes that make up the Minecraft world as a whole. Blocks music disc This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal link led you , crafting Crafting is the method by which many blocks, tools, and materials are made in Minecraft. In order to craft something, players must move items from their inventory to a crafting grid. A 2×2 crafting grid , as well as building their first house Created for players who do not know how to begin their Minecraft journey, the Beginner s Guide is a tutorial created to provide a list full of good ways to start! Here, players will learn how to survive the night, fishing Fishing is the process of obtaining fish using fishing rods. Contents 1 Catching fish 2 Junk and treasures 3 Fishing rod durability 4 History 5 Issues 6 Trivia Catching fish edit | edit source] A , enchanting "Flame" redirects here. For the non-solid damage-dealing block, see Fire. “ How does enchanting work in Minecraft? Well, you open a magical book and pick a random spell, not quite sure knowing what it will , brewing Potion brewing chart (most efficient recipes, excludes splash potions). Brewing is the process of creating potions, splash potions and lingering potions by adding various ingredients to water bottles in a brewing stand. Contents 1 Brewing , and more.
- Many blocks/items use outdated sounds.
- The Player The Player Health points 20 () Armor points Varies Attack strength Fist: 1 () Items: Varies Size Height: 1.8 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks While sneaking: Height: 1.65 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks While gliding: Height: 0.6 always begins a new world with an empty map Map Type Tools Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) First appearances See History Data values Drawn dec: 358 hex: 166 bin: 101100110 Empty dec: 395 hex: 18B bin: 110001011 Name PC Drawn: filled_map Empty: map PE Drawn: ? Empty: emptymap This .
- For the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, the PlayStation Vita and Wii U, the world size is limited to 864⃗864 blocks. Because the outer-most block is unusable on each side of the map, it is effectively 862⃗862 blocks that can be used. The worlds on the Nintendo Switch can be up to 3072x3072, whereas the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 can be up to 5120x5120.
- The Nether A view of the Nether. The Nether is a hell-like dimension, filled with fire, lava, and dangerous mobs. Contents 1 Accessing 2 Environment 2.1 Mobs 3 Generation 3.1 Naturally generated 3.2 Naturally created 3.3 Structures is limited in size and because of this the movement distance in the Nether vs. the Overworld is 1:3 versus 1:8 in the PC version (1:6 in Switch Edition Nintendo Switch Edition Author(s) Mojang AB 4J Studios Platform(s) Nintendo Switch Written in C++ Latest version Patch 3 Released Digital - eShop May 11, 2017 Physical Release TBA 1] Rating(s) ESRB: Everyone 10+ Size 696 ). Consequently the Nether is limited to about 288⃗288 for the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U versions, and to about 512x512 for the Nintendo Switch. The End See the dimension. For the achievement, see Achievements#The End.. For the advancement, see Advancements#The End. A view of the central End island. The ender dragon can be seen flying around obsidian pillars, also uses the aforementioned sizes.
- Skins can only be chosen from those available as default or from downloadable content This article may need cleanup to comply with the style guide. Please help improve this if you can. The talk page may contain suggestions. This article needs updating. Description: The page may need an update .
- Breeding and utility mob spawning works the same as the PC version with the exception of limiting tamed wolf Wolf Health points Wild: 8 () Tamed: 20 () Attack strength Wild: Easy: 3 () Normal: 4 () Hard: 6 () Tamed: 4 () Size Adult: Height: 0.85 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks Baby: Height: 0.425 and snow golem Snow Golem Health points 4 () Attack strength 0 () (only pushes mobs back) 3 () to Blaze Size Height: 1.9 Blocks Width: 0.7 Blocks Spawn Where created by the player First appearances See History populations to 16. If the player attempts to tame or breed a 17th wolf, it will be killed by other wolves, and if a player attempts to build a 17th snow golem, upon placing the pumpkin all three blocks will break, dropping one pumpkin and eight snowballs. Also, wolf pups are born with full health and reach adulthood without player input.
- The edge of the world cannot be mined and is completely sea. The edge of the map is a strip of water surrounding the map followed by an invisible barrier in which all players cannot gain access to. This can cause problems as sometimes chests in abandoned mineshafts Abandoned mineshaft Biome Any Consists of Wooden Planks Fence Rail Torch Cobweb Dirt Monster Spawner Minecart with Chest Can generate post-generation No First appearances See history "Mine" redirects here. For information about mining, see Mining. generate at the edge of the map, causing the player to make and place a new chest next to said chest in order to access all the previously inaccessible items.
- Creative mode flying does not conserve momentum, meaning if you sprint and stop quickly, you will not drift to another block.
- When building a portal to the Nether in a superflat world, the Nether will also be flat.
- Nether wart Nether Wart Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 0 Tool Any tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Nether Wart (1) (premature) Nether Wart (2–4) (fully grown) Data values Block dec: 115 hex: 73 bin: 1110011 randomly spawns on soul sand Soul Sand Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 2.5 Tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 88 hex: 58 bin: 1011000 Name soul_sand “ Only in the fiery caverns of the Nether, in the Nether, while in the PC version, nether wart can only spawn in nether fortresses Nether Fortress Biome The Nether Consists of See Structure First appearances See history Nether fortresses are structures that are naturally generated in the Nether. Contents 1 Generation 1.1 Mobs 2 Structure 2.1 Blocks 3 Loot .
- The edge of the Nether is made of bedrock Bedrock Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 18,000,000 Tool None Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops None Data value dec: 07 hex: 7 bin: 111 Name bedrock Bedrock is a block, indestructible by survival means. Contents .
- The PlayStation Vita Edition and Nintendo Switch Edition have Ad-Hoc support, like an offline multiplayer service. It can be toggled on or off (Online or Ad-Hoc), and is also similar to LAN servers but without internet connection.
- Statistics are replaced with leaderboards.
|Icon||Achievement Pocket Edition & Console Edition only The popup that appears when an achievement is earned. "The End?" and "The End." redirect here. For the dimension, see The End. Certain names of achievements redirect here. For||In-game description||Actual requirements (if different)||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
|Taking Inventory||Press `defaults to /` to open your inventory.||Open your inventory. |
The description will match the configured inventory key.
|Getting Wood||Attack a tree until a block of wood pops out||Pick up Wood from the ground.||10G||Bronze|
|Benchmarking||Craft a workbench with four blocks of planks||10G||Bronze|
|Time to Farm!||Use planks and sticks to make a hoe||Pick up a Wooden Hoe from a Crafting Table.||10G||Bronze|
|Bake Bread||Turn wheat into bread||Pick up Bread from a Crafting Table.||20G||Silver|
|The Lie||Wheat, sugar, milk, and eggs!||Pick up a Cake from a Crafting Table.||40G||Silver|
|Time to Strike!||Use planks and sticks to make a sword||Pick up a Wooden Sword from a Crafting Table.||10G||Bronze|
|Monster Hunter||Attack and destroy a monster||20G||Bronze|
|Cow Tipper||Harvest some leather||Pick up Leather from the ground.||15G||Bronze|
|When Pigs Fly||Fly a pig off a cliff||Use a saddle to ride a pig, then have the pig get hurt from fall damage while riding it.||40G||Gold|
|Time to Mine!||Use planks and sticks to make a pickaxe||Pick up a Wooden Pickaxe from a Crafting Table.||10G||Bronze|
|Getting an Upgrade||Construct a better pickaxe||Pick up a Stone Pickaxe from a Crafting Table.||15G||Bronze|
|Hot Topic||Construct a furnace out of eight stone blocks||Pick up a Furnace from a Crafting Table.||15G||Bronze|
|Delicious Fish||Catch and cook fish!||Remove a Cooked Fish from a Furnace.||15G||Silver|
|Acquire Hardware||Smelt an iron ingot||Remove an Iron Ingot from a Furnace.||15G||Silver|
|On A Rail||Travel by minecart at least 500m from where you started||Travel by minecart to a point at least 500m in a single direction from where you started.||40G||Gold|
|Into The Nether||Build a portal to the Nether||Enter a Nether Portal.||40G||Silver|
|MOAR Tools||Construct one type of each tool (one pickaxe, one spade, one axe and one hoe).||—||15G|
|Dispense With This||Construct a Dispenser.||20G||Silver|
|Leader Of The Pack||Befriend five Wolves.||This does not have to be in a single game, so multiple games or reloading old saves does count toward this achievement.||30G||Silver|
|Sniper Duel||Kill a skeleton or wither skeleton with an arrow from more than 50 meters.||"50 meters" is 50 blocks away.||30G||Silver|
|DIAMONDS!||Acquire diamonds with your iron tools.||Pick up a Diamond from the ground.||20G||Gold|
|Return to Sender||Destroy a Ghast with a fireball.||Kill a Ghast using its own fireball.||30G||Gold|
|Into Fire||Relieve a Blaze of its rod||Pick up a Blaze Rod from the ground.||20G||Silver|
|Local Brewery||Brew a potion.||Pick up a Potion from a Brewing Stand. An already-created potion placed and removed qualifies.||15G||Silver|
|The End?||Locate the End||Enter an End Portal.||20G||Gold|
|The End.||Defeat the Enderdragon.||Enter the End exit portal while being in the End.||40G||Bronze (Gold on PS3)|
|Enchanter||Use a book, obsidian and diamonds to construct an enchantment table.||Pick up an Enchantment Table from a Crafting Table.||20G||Silver|
|Awarded All Trophies||All trophies have been rewarded||Collect all trophies except for The Beginning?, The Beginning, Beaconator, Overpowered, Tie Dyed Outfit and Trampoline (for PS4).||—||Platinum|
|Overkill||Deal nine hearts of damage in a single hit||Damage can be dealt to any mob, even those that do not have nine hearts of health overall.||30G||—|
|Librarian||Build some bookshelves to improve your enchantment table||Pick up a bookshelf from a crafting table output.||20G||—|
|Adventuring Time||Discover 17 of the 40 different biomes||Visit these 17 biomes.||40G||Silver|
|The Beginning?||Spawn the Wither||Be within a 100.9⃗100.9⃗103.5 cuboid centered on the Wither when it is spawned.||20G||Bronze|
|The Beginning.||Kill the Wither||Be within a 100.9⃗100.9⃗203.5 cuboid centered on the Wither when it drops the nether star.||40G||—|
|Beaconator||Create a full beacon.||Be within a 20⃗20⃗14 cuboid centered on the pyramid when the beacon block realizes it is fully powered.||60G||—|
|Repopulation||Breed two cows with wheat||Breed two cows or two mooshrooms.||15G||—|
|Diamonds to you!||Throw diamonds at another player.||Drop a diamond with your drop-item key (default is /). Another player or a zombie must then pick up this diamond. If picked up by a player, the diamond must create a new stack in their inventory.||15G||—|
|Overpowered||Eat a Notch Apple.||Eat an enchanted golden apple.||30G||—|
|Pork Chop||Cook and eat a pork chop.||10G||Bronze|
|Passing the Time||Play for 100 days.||Play for 100 Minecraft days, which is equivalent to 33 hours in real time.||20G||Bronze|
|The Haggler||Mine or purchase 30 Emeralds.||You can do this in different worlds||30G||Sliver|
|Pot Planter||Craft and place a Flower Pot.||15G||Bronze|
|It`s a Sign!||Craft and place a Sign.||15G||Bronze|
|Iron Belly||Stop starvation using Rotten Flesh||20G||Bronze|
|Have a Shearful Day||Use Shears to obtain wool from a sheep.||15G||Bronze|
|Rainbow Collection||Gather all 16 colors of wool.||30G||Sliver|
|Stayin` Frosty||Swim in lava while having the Fire Resistance effect.||20G||Bronze|
|Chestful of Cobblestone||Mine 1,728 Cobblestone and place it in a chest||20G||Bronze|
|Renewable Energy||Smelt wood trunks using charcoal to make more charcoal.||10G||Bronze|
|Music to my Ears||Play a music disc in a Jukebox.||20G||Bronze|
|Body Guard||Create an Iron Golem.||20G||Bronze|
|Iron Man||Wear a full suit of Iron Armour||Can also be done in existing worlds||15G||Bronze|
|Zombie Doctor||Cure a zombie villager.||Throw a splash potion of weakness at a zombie villager and give it a golden apple (by facing the zombie and pressing // with a golden apple in your hand)||40G||Gold|
|Lion Tamer||Tame an Ocelot||15G||Bronze|
|Archer||Kill a creeper with arrows.||10G||Bronze|
|Tie Dye Outfit||Dye all 4 unique pieces of Leather Armor.||15G||—|
|Trampoline||Bounce 30 blocks upward off a Slime Block.||15G||—|