1.0.0 is the first non-development releaseAnnounce of Minecraft 1.0 Minecraft 1.0 Starting version 1.0.0 (Nov. 18th, 2011) Latest version 1.12 Paid Yes Website http://www.minecraft.net/ See the official release of Minecraft for the PC. For the version, see 1.0.0. For the first (also known as the second part of the Adventure Update The Adventure Update was a major update to Minecraft focused on fighting, exploration, and adventuring, as well as other aspects. Its content was implemented in Beta 1.8 and Minecraft 1.0. It was announced on Jun. ), adding brewing Potion brewing chart (most efficient recipes, excludes splash potions). Brewing is the process of creating potions, splash potions and lingering potions by adding various ingredients to water bottles in a brewing stand. Contents 1 Brewing , enchanting "Flame" redirects here. For the non-solid damage-dealing block, see Fire. “ How does enchanting work in Minecraft? Well, you open a magical book and pick a random spell, not quite sure knowing what it will , the End See the dimension. For the achievement, see Achievements#The End.. For the advancement, see Advancements#The End. A view of the central End island. The ender dragon can be seen flying around obsidian pillars, , hardcore The Hardcore mode death screen. Java Edition Only Hardcore mode is a much more difficult variant of the Survival game mode. Contents 1 Features 2 Multiplayer 3 Video 4 History 5 Issues 6 Trivia 7 mode, breeding Two villagers in "love mode", breeding “ If you hold food in your hand, they follow you around. If you feed them, they enter "love mode". Two animals in love mode = babies. „ —Notch and more. It was released at 21:54:50 UTC on 2011/11/18, during MineCon 2011.
- Originally, this update was planned to be released as Beta 1.9, but after a few pre-releases were pushed out, it was decided that 1.0.0 would be the version name, and to push the release date back to during MineCon 2011.
- This update is also the first update to have release candidates.
- Arguably, this update has the most release candidates for any major update so far, at two release candidates.
- Commands Contents 1 Usage 1.1 Tilde notation 1.2 Target selectors 1.2.1 Target selector variables 1.2.2 Target selector arguments 1.3 Data tags 1.4 Raw JSON text 1.5 Block/item names 2 Summary of commands 3 List of commands
/givecan now set the damage value of the wanted item (
- amount metadata
- Experience Experience First appearances See History Internal ID PC: 2 PE: 69 Network ID PC: none Entity ID xp_orb XP bar visible above hotbar. Experience (EXP or XP for short) can be obtained by gathering experience
- Can be used for enchantments
- Each Experience orb is worth one Score Point.
- New achievements Pocket Edition & Console Edition only The popup that appears when an achievement is earned. "The End?" and "The End." redirect here. For the dimension, see The End. Certain names of achievements redirect here. For
- Amount of experience orbs Experience First appearances See History Internal ID PC: 2 PE: 69 Network ID PC: none Entity ID xp_orb XP bar visible above hotbar. Experience (EXP or XP for short) can be obtained by gathering experience dropped by players on death now limited
- A proper score is given based on how many experience orbs players have collected
- Armor system
- New/improved armor Armor Type Wearable items Durability See Durability Renewable Yes Stackable No Data values See Data values Name See Data values For the armor that can be worn by horses, see Horse Armor. Armor classes. From system
- Increased armor durability
- View points
- Pressing F5 toggles between three states (first person, third person back, third person front)
- Jumping A minecart, one method of transportation Transportation involves the methods by which players move around the world or between dimensions (the Overworld, the Nether and the End). Contents 1 Methods 1.1 Potions 1.2 Commands 1.3
- Slight delay between jumps when holding down the jump button
- Player no longer bounces between ceiling and floor in two-block-high spaces
- Blocking Blocking is a gameplay mechanic which allows players to block attacks. Contents 1 Usage 1.1 Computer edition 1.2 Console edition 2 Video 3 History 4 Issues 5 Trivia 6 See also Usage edit | edit
- Now moves the player`s arm, rather than the sword floating right in front of the player
- Sun The sun. The sun is a celestial body that provides light and life for the Minecraft world. Contents 1 Daytime 2 Sunlight 2.1 Effects on mobs 3 History 4 Issues 5 Trivia 6 Gallery 7 & moon A full moon. The moon is a celestial body that appears during the Minecraft night. Contents 1 Nighttime 1.1 Stars 2 Phases 2.1 Effects on mobs 3 History 4 Issues 5 Trivia 6 Gallery 7
- Sun and moon now rise in the east
- Moon phases
- Rain A view of hills during rain. Rain is a type of weather that occurs occasionally in Minecraft. Contents 1 Behavior 2 Effects 2.1 Rain particles 3 History 4 Issues 5 Trivia 6 References Behavior edit
- Changed sound
- Swamp A river bisecting a jungle biome. At the top right is a forest. A river running through a mesa biome with mesa plateaus, with a savanna biome in the bottom right. “ In case you
- Adjusted to appear "swampier"
- Darker grass Grass Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 0 Tool Renewable Grass, Fern, Double variants: Yes Shrub: No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable Yes Drops Seeds (0–1) Data values Grass, Fern or Shrub dec: 31 hex: 1F bin: 11111 Double
- Darker water
- Generate lily pads Lily Pad Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 0 Tool Any tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 111 hex: 6F bin: 1101111 Name waterlily The lily pad is a short, flat
- Stronghold Stronghold Portal Room Biome Any Consists of See Structure First appearances See History Strongholds are structures that occur naturally underground, and are primarily important because they house end portals. Strongholds can be located using eyes
- Random loot chests now generate
Blocks & Items
- Labels for items have a blue border
- Bow Bow Type Combat Durability 385 Renewable Yes Stackable No First appearances See History Data value dec: 261 hex: 105 bin: 100000101 Name bow A bow is a ranged weapon that fires arrows. Contents 1 Obtaining 1.1 Skeletons 1.2
- Appears larger in third person view when held
- No longer have an infinite number of uses (385 shots before breaking)
- Additional bow sounds
- Doors Door Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 15 (Wood) 25 (Iron) Tools Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable Iron: No Wooden: No, but catches fire from lava Drops Itself Data values See Data values Name
- New sounds
- Glowstone Glowstone Transparency Yes Luminance 15 Blast resistance 1.5 Tool Any tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Glowstone Dust (2–4) Data value dec: 89 hex: 59 bin: 1011001 Name glowstone See the block.
- Changed material type from "glass" to "stone".
- A pickaxe is now needed to drop items.
- Redstone, torches, levers, etc. can now be placed on the block.
- No longer acts as a redstone vertical (downward) diode.
- Water Water Transparency Partial (-2 to light) Luminance No Blast resistance 500 (Flowing) 500 (Still) Tool Renewable Yes Stackable N/A Flammable No Drops None Data values Flowing Water dec: 08 hex: 8 bin: 1000 Still Water dec: 09 hex: 9 bin: 1001 & Lava Lava Transparency Yes Luminance Yes, 15 Blast resistance 500 Tool Renewable No Stackable N/A Flammable No Drops None Data values Flowing Lava dec: 10 hex: A bin: 1010 Still Lava dec: 11 hex: B bin: 1011 Name Flowing Lava flowing_lava Still
- If water or lava is above a ceiling that is a single block thick, particles of water or lava will drip through, provided the player is within 13 blocks of the ceiling
- Flowing Lava Lava Transparency Yes Luminance Yes, 15 Blast resistance 500 Tool Renewable No Stackable N/A Flammable No Drops None Data values Flowing Lava dec: 10 hex: A bin: 1010 Still Lava dec: 11 hex: B bin: 1011 Name Flowing Lava flowing_lava Still
- When flowing lava hits a water source directly from above, it creates stone Stone Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 30 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Cobblestone (1) Data value dec: 01 hex: 1 bin: 1 Name stone See the block called stone. For
- Previously, lava would flow through the water
- Now able to be thrown
- The player will teleport to the Ender pearl`s impact location, but take 2 and 1/2 hearts of fall damage
- Unable to be thrown in Creative mode.
- Now glows purple in the inventory
- Now connect to solid blocks
- No longer blocks players from moving onto their space
- Players can now stand next to them, similar to glass panes and iron bars
- Darkened texture
- Added shear sounds
- Weapons and tools
- Attack damage has been nerfed to make space for the increased damage enchantments (e.g. diamond swords do 3.5 hearts now instead of 5)
- Tool breaking sounds
- Many blocks` mining speeds have been increased (these are mostly blocks that used to take a long time to mine)
- Added minecart sounds
- Health & armor
- Amount of blocks able to be carried by endermen is now limited (see here for the list of blocks)
- True sounds of endermen
- Improved walking sounds
- Big slimes (size +4 slimes) have deeper jump sounds
- True sounds of silverfish
The following is a list of 1.0 snapshots and pre-releases: Beta 1.9-pre1, Beta 1.9-pre2, Beta 1.9-pre3, Beta 1.9-pre4, Beta 1.9-pre5, Beta 1.9-pre6, 1.0.0-RC1, and 1.0.0-RC2.
/givecan now set the damage value of the wanted item
- Experience ⃢₀ₓ a score system that can be used for enchantments. Each XP Orb is worth one Score Point
- New achievements
- Death tweaked ⃢₀ₓ the amount of XP orbs dropped by players on death is now limited. A proper score is also given based on how many XP orbs players have collected
- Armor system is new and improved, with increased armor durability.
- Pressing toggles between three states: first person, third person back, and third person front
- Slight delay between jumps when holding down the jump button. Also, players no longer bounce between ceiling and floor in two-block-high places.
- Blocking now has a new, proper animation.
- Sun and moon now rise in the east. The moon also has phases
- New sound for rain.
- Swamp Biome now appears "swampier" with darker Grass, darker water and lily pads that generate.
- Strongholds now generate with random loot chests
Blocks and Items
- Labels for tooltips have a blue border
- Bow appears larger in third person view when held, have 385 uses, and additional sounds
- New sounds for Doors, added sounds for Shears
- New textures for Block of Iron, Ghast Fireball, and Mob Spawner
- Glowstone material type changed from "glass" to "stone". A pickaxe is now needed to drop items and certain items like torches can be placed on it as a result of this change
- Water and Lava above a ceiling that is a single block thick will produce particles.
- Lava no longer flows through water; now it creates Stone
- Ender Pearls are throwable and will teleport the player to the impact location. However, it will take 2.5 hearts of fall damage.
- Cannot be thrown in Creative Mode
- Golden Apple now glows purple in the inventory
- Fences now connect to solid blocks and no longer block players from moving onto their space
- Tool breaking sounds
- Attack damage is nerfed to make space for the increased damage enchantments
- Many blocks` mining speeds have been increased:
- Redstone Ore
- Mob Spawner
- Block of Iron
- Block of Gold
- Block of Diamond
- Stone Bricks
- Iron Bars
- Minecarts now have sounds
- Sheep now have 8 health
- Ghasts now have 10 health
- Zombies now have 20 health and 1 armor point
- Endermen are now limited in which blocks they can pick up. Also added new sounds for the mob
- Improved walking sounds for the Skeleton
- Big slimes (size +4 slimes) have deeper jump sounds
- New sounds for Silverfish