Creepers will chase after any player, as long as it is within a 16 block (℅5%) radius and ℅4 blocks vertically. The detection range of creepers is reduced to half of their normal range (8 blocks) when the player is wearing a creeper mob head Mob head Type Wearable items; Solid Block Physics No Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 5 Hardness 1 Tool Any tool Renewable Wither skeleton, skeleton, zombie, creeper Yes Player, Dragon No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable .
Creepers can climb up ladders and vines like any other mob, but do not do so intentionally.
When within three blocks of a player, a creeper will hiss loudly, start flashing and inflating, and explode after 1.5 seconds. A creeper`s detonation can be halted if the player gets out of the blast radius (7 blocks), including by knocking back the creeper or killing it. Creepers can be forced to explode by using a flint and steel Flint and Steel Type Tools Durability 65 Renewable No Stackable No Data value dec: 259 hex: 103 bin: 100000011 Name flint_and_steel The flint and steel is a tool used to light fires. Contents 1 Obtaining 1.1 Crafting 1.2 .
Creepers will flee from ocelots Ocelot Health points 10 () Attack strength Chickens Only: 2 () Size Adult: Height: 0.7 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks Baby: Height: 0.35 Blocks Width: 0.3 Blocks Spawn Ocelot: In Jungle Biomes, on Grass or leaf and cats if one is too close, until they are approximately 16 blocks away from the feline(s).
A creeper`s explosion A TNT explosion. An explosion is a physical event, generally destructive, that can be caused by several different circumstances. It can destroy nearby blocks, propel and damage nearby players, entities, and their armor, and cause has a power of 3 (but see an exception below).
If a creeper is inflicted with a status effect "Healing" redirects here. For health, see health. Contents 1 Behavior 2 Summary of effects 3 List of effects 3.1 Absorption 3.2 Bad Luck 3.3 Blindness 3.4 Fire Resistance 3.5 Glowing 3.6 Haste 3.7 Health Boost , its explosion will create an area effect cloud Lingering Potion Type Potions Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable No First appearances See History Data value dec: 441 hex: 1B9 bin: 110111001 Name lingering_potion See throwable potions that leave a lingering area of effect. For of the effect.
Creepers are never targeted by any mobs, other than the wither Wither Health points 300 ( × 150) 600 ( × 300) Pocket edition only] Armor points 4 () Attack strength Easy: 5 () Normal: 8 () Hard: 12 () Size Height: 3.5 Blocks Width: 0.9 Blocks Spawn , the snow golem Snow Golem Health points 4 () Attack strength 0 () (only pushes mobs back) 3 () to Blaze Size Height: 1.9 Blocks Width: 0.7 Blocks Spawn Where created by the player First appearances See History , and the vindicator Vindicator Health points 24 ( × 12) Attack strength Easy: 7 () Normal: 13 () Hard: 19 () Size Height: 1.95 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks Spawn Woodland Mansion Common drops Emerald (0–1) Natural equipment Iron named "Johnny." If they are hit by a stray projectile, they will only retaliate if they are not already chasing a player.
Creepers can be somewhat formidable foes when encountered as their stealth gives them the upper hand. Creepers are slow, and they will also reverse their detonation time if the player leaves their range. This can be used to the player`s advantage in melee combat. The player can simply hit the Creeper with their Sword and then quickly back away before the Creeper detonates which lets the player get at least two hits in before having to retreat. If this process is repeated, a Creeper can be easily defeated.
The most effective and safest way to eliminate a Creeper is to simply use a bow as ranged combat will surmount the Creeper`s slow speed. The player would need at least three arrows with a regular bow; however, this can be minimized with enchantments. Another effective way is to light the ground on fire with a Flint and Steel and lead the Creeper up to it.
- If a Skeleton, Wither Skeleton, Zombie, or another Creeper is killed by a Charged Creeper, the mob will drop its head; however, this is capped at one head per explosion.
- Like Spiders and Endermen, the Creeper can survive sunlight, but unlike Spiders, Creepers stay hostile even during the day.
- A Creeper`s explosion is less powerful than TNT; however, a charged creeper`s explosion is more powerful than TNT.
- The Creeper gets its name because it creeps up behind people, and then explodes.
- Iron Golems don`t attack Creepers (in versions 1.7.10 and earlier) because of the explosion damaging the village, but if a Creeper gets in an Iron Golem`s way, the Iron Golem could attack the Creeper, making it blow up. In 1.8, however, Iron Golems will attack creepers anyway.
- Creepers will try to jump on top of the player if they are above them. They explode when they land on top of the player.
- Creepers are scared of ocelots₠and cats, and when a Creeper spots one, it will deliberately flee from wherever the ocelot or cat is, ignoring the player completely, so it is highly recommended that if exploring at night a cat is brought along.
- Charged Creepers will do up to 49 (x 24.5) damage on easy, 97 (
|Health points The health gauge and monitor in Minecraft is based on a single row of 10 heart icons. Each full heart contains two halves, one hit point each (full health is 20 hit points). Contents 1|
Height: 1.7 Blocks
|Spawn See the natural spawning of players and mobs. For mob spawners, see Monster Spawner. For the player, see The Player. This article needs updating. Description: Rabbits now spawn in deserts with new|| |
Light level of 7 or less
|First appearances|| |
|Common drops|| |
|Experience Experience First appearances See History Internal ID PC: 2 PE: 69 Network ID PC: none Entity ID xp_orb XP bar visible above hotbar. Experience (EXP or XP for short) can be obtained by gathering experience|| |
|Internal ID|| |
|Entity ID|| |
|“||These lanky lime horrors will gaze upon you with a look of utmost sadness. You`ll soon have a similar facial expression, if you let it get close.||„|
|— Tom Stone Tom Stone Occupation Creative communications assistant @@@#@@@Twitter(twitter.com)###@### name @TheTomStrange This article is a stub. Please help us by expanding it. Tom Stone is a creative communications assistant at Mojang AB, having started as of Jan.|
Creepers are common hostile mobs "Monster" redirects here. For the mob called "monster" in the code, see Human. Mobs are living, moving game entities. The term "mob" is short for "mobile". 1] Contents 1 Spawning 2 Behavior 3 List of that will explode when close to the player The Player Health points 20 () Armor points Varies Attack strength Fist: 1 () Items: Varies Size Height: 1.8 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks While sneaking: Height: 1.65 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks While gliding: Height: 0.6 .
- Notch stated on TwitterTechnology company that "I imagine Creepers as being made out of leaves or similar. I`m not sure why they explode."
- In SMP, if a creeper is attacked by another player, and the other player runs out of sight, it will not attack any other players.
- When about to detonate, creepers will cease movement and its head will face directly forward. (Tested in the PCPersonal Computer edition).
- When asked how creepers trigger their explosive nature, Dinnerbone said "They`re so nervous that they shake a lot, and then this sets them off the same way as how rubbing two sticks makes fire".
- If the player is at full health, a creeper blast at point-blank range for a player with full iron armor on hard difficulty will knock them down to 1 () health. The actual amount of health left is 1/20th of a heart.
- Creepers are faster when fleeing cats than when chasing players.
- If a charged creeper is given invisibility, the "aura" effect will still be visible.
Creepers naturally spawn in the Overworld The Overworld, as seen in an extreme hills and a forest biome The Overworld is the dimension in which all players begin their Minecraft journey. Contents 1 Creation 1.1 Seeds 2 Environment 2.1 Biomes 2.2 on top of solid blocks with a light level of 7 or less.
Creepers drop 0⃢₀ₓ2 gunpowder, and a music disc Music Disc Type Decorations Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable No First appearances See History Data values See Data values Name See Data values "Far" redirects here. For the phenomenon in Pocket Edition, see Far Lands. if killed by a skeleton Skeleton Health points 20 () Attack strength Bow: Easy: 1 () - 4 () Normal: 1 () - 4 () Hard: 1 () - 5 () Sword: Easy: 2 () Normal: 2 () Hard: 3 arrow. They also drop a creeper head Mob head Type Wearable items; Solid Block Physics No Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 5 Hardness 1 Tool Any tool Renewable Wither skeleton, skeleton, zombie, creeper Yes Player, Dragon No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable if killed by a charged creeper`s explosion. They drop 5 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
A charged creeper is created only when lightning Lightning during a thunderstorm. A lightning bolt strikes a tree. A creeper can be seen hopping about in the woods. If it had been closer to the strike, it would have become charged. Thunderstorms are strikes within 3⃢₀ₓ4 blocks of a normal creeper, which significantly increases its explosive power. Charged creepers are distinguished from normal creepers by the blue aura surrounding them.
Their countdown timers are the same as normal creepers, both in terms of range and time. With a power of 6, an explosion caused by a charged creeper is twice as powerful as the explosion caused by a regular creeper (see image). How close the creeper was to the lightning strike will not affect the size of the explosion.
Charged creepers have the same entity ID as normal creepers. The only difference is that the value of the boolean "powered" tag is set to "1" (true).
Charged creeper explosions will cause a zombie, skeleton, wither skeleton, or other creeper to drop the corresponding mob head Mob head Type Wearable items; Solid Block Physics No Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 5 Hardness 1 Tool Any tool Renewable Wither skeleton, skeleton, zombie, creeper Yes Player, Dragon No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable , one per explosion. Be that as it may, they will not drop their own head.
- See also: Chunk format Chunks store the terrain and entities within a 16×256×16 area. They also store precomputed lighting, heightmap data for Minecraft s performance, and other meta information. Contents 1 NBT structure 2 Block format 3 Entity format 3.1
Creepers have entity data associated with them that contain various properties of the mob. Their entity ID is
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- Tags common to all mobs see Template:Nbt inherit/mob/template
powered: 1 or 0 (true/false) - May not exist. True if the creeper is charged from being struck by lightning.
ExplosionRadius: The radius of the explosion itself, default 3.
Fuse: States the initial value of the creeper`s internal fuse timer (does not affect creepers that fall and explode upon impacting their victim). The internal fuse timer will return to this value if the creeper is no longer within attack range. Default 30.
ignited: 1 or 0 (true/false) - Whether the creeper has been ignited by a Flint and Steel Flint and Steel Type Tools Durability 65 Renewable No Stackable No Data value dec: 259 hex: 103 bin: 100000011 Name flint_and_steel The flint and steel is a tool used to light fires. Contents 1 Obtaining 1.1 Crafting 1.2 .
|Icon||Achievement Pocket Edition & Console Edition only The popup that appears when an achievement is earned. "The End?" and "The End." redirect here. For the dimension, see The End. Certain names of achievements redirect here. For||In-game description||Actual requirements (if different)||Availability||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
|Archer||Kill a creeper with arrows.||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||10G||Bronze|
|Classic Classic Starting version 0.0.9a (May 16, 2009) Latest version 0.30 (Dec. 22, 2009) Paid No Classic versions 0.0.11a to 0.0.13a_03, as well as version c0.30_01c are available to play in the launcher. Be that as it may, please note|
|0.24_SURVIVAL_TEST This is not an official version history or changelog. For the official list, please visit the Minecraft website. For versions 1.11 and prior, please check the Mojang website. For versions prior to Beta 1.8, please||Aug. 31, 2009||Creepers were first introduced, based on a failed pig model Notch This page has been protected from editing to prevent vandalism. Please discuss changes on the talk page. Markus Persson Real name Markus Alexej Persson Date of birth Jun. 1, 1979 (age 38) 1] Occupation Game developer had created (he mixed up the length and height of the body). They were the first mob added in Survival Test.|
|Sep. 1, 2009||The texture given to the creeper was, at first, a darker shade of green that flashed to a lighter shade upon being hit. Creepers behaved much like zombies did at the time, hopping around randomly until spotting the player. Their melee attacks dealt only 4 () worth of damage rather than the zombies` 6 (). When killed, the creeper would "lie down" and cause a 4ℂₗ4ℂₗ4 spherical explosion that left a sizable crater, destroying plenty of blocks (with the exception of stone) and severely hurting any players nearby. The creeper was worth 250 points when killed, but this was later decreased to 200 points.|
|0.26 SURVIVAL TEST 3||Creeper explosions no longer destroy stone or stone-like blocks.|
|Explosions leave smoldering.|
|1.2.0||Creepers have a new damage sound.|
|1.4||The `A` in the Minecraft logo now includes a creeper face.|
|1.5||Creepers become charged when struck by lightning, increasing the explosion`s radius and strength.|
|1.8||1.8-pre1||Creepers are much more deadly and will definitely kill an unarmored player if in a radius of 4 to 5 blocks around the creeper. This damage is also difficulty-independent.|
|Sound Update||Creeper explosions have a new sound.|
|1.0.0||Beta 1.9-pre5||Creepers and other hostile mobs no longer attack the player in Creative mode unless provoked.|
|1.2.1||As part of the AI overhaul, creepers no longer attack other mobs. They would also no longer strafe towards the left of the player, now stopping in front of the player.|
|1.3.1||12w30a||Creepers were made stronger. Depending on difficulty, creeper damage is scaled now with Easy: ~50% less damage, Normal: same damage as before, and Hard: ~33% more damage than before. In full diamond armor and hard difficulty a creeper can knock players down to 2 hearts.|
|1.4.2||12w38b||New creeper fall mechanics; creepers will explode if they fall on the player from a certain height.|
|1.6.1||13w18a||Creepers no longer explode when hit in Creative mode.|
|1.7.2||13w36a||Creepers can be forcibly exploded using flint and steel Flint and Steel Type Tools Durability 65 Renewable No Stackable No Data value dec: 259 hex: 103 bin: 100000011 Name flint_and_steel The flint and steel is a tool used to light fires. Contents 1 Obtaining 1.1 Crafting 1.2 .|
|1.8||14w05a||Players can now see from the perspective of a creeper in spectator mode. A creeper shader is applied, and the player is limited to the creeper`s movements.|
|14w11a||Witches, zombies, skeletons, spiders, cave spiders, zombie pigmen and other creepers will run away from creepers that are about to explode.|
|14w30a||Charged creepers now cause zombies, skeletons, wither skeletons, and other creepers to drop heads.|
|14w30b||Each charged creeper will cause the drop of only one head, even if multiple head-dropping mobs are killed.|
|1.8.1||1.8.1-pre1||Mobs no longer run from creepers that are about to explode.|
|No longer attack iron golems.|
|1.9||15w32a||The detection range of creepers is halved when the player is wearing a creeper mob head Mob head Type Wearable items; Solid Block Physics No Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 5 Hardness 1 Tool Any tool Renewable Wither skeleton, skeleton, zombie, creeper Yes Player, Dragon No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable .|
|15w33c||The detection range for players wearing the creeper mob head is adjusted, now 37.5% of the normal range.|
|15w36a||The detection range for players wearing the creeper mob head is again 50% of the normal range.|
|15w39a||Creepers are now slightly shorter (1.7 blocks tall rather than 1.8).|
|15w51a||Creepers no longer drop music discs when gamerule |
|1.11||16w32a||Creepers that explode while having a potion effect will now leave behind an area effect cloud Lingering Potion Type Potions Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable No First appearances See History Data value dec: 441 hex: 1B9 bin: 110111001 Name lingering_potion See throwable potions that leave a lingering area of effect. For having that effect.|
|Changed creepers save game ID from |
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.4.0||Creepers added (with old explosion sounds).|
|0.7.4||Tapping and holding flint and steel Flint and Steel Type Tools Durability 65 Renewable No Stackable No Data value dec: 259 hex: 103 bin: 100000011 Name flint_and_steel The flint and steel is a tool used to light fires. Contents 1 Obtaining 1.1 Crafting 1.2 on a creeper will cause it to automatically explode.|
|0.9.0||build 1||Creepers no longer float 2 pixels off the ground.|
|build 2||An ignite button is now used to automatically explode a creeper when holding flint and steel, instead of tapping and holding.|
|build 8||Creepers now use the new AI.|
|build 9||Creepers use the old AI again because of them walking faster and not detonating.|
|0.9.2||Creepers now have a correct explosion range.|
|Fixed detonation time (would previously explode almost instantly).|
|0.11.0||Creepers can now climb ladders.|
|0.12.1||build 1||Creepers use the new AI again.|
|Creepers become charged when struck by lightning, increasing the explosion`s radius and strength.|
|Creepers now have the new explosion sound.|
|Creepers now have the flashing animation.|
|0.14.0||build 1||Creepers are now slightly shorter (1.7 blocks tall rather than 1.8).|
|TU1||CU1||1.0||Patch 1||Added Creepers.|
|TU5||Added charged creepers.|
|TU12||Creepers no longer attack other mobs. Before this update, a creeper shot by a skeleton Skeleton Health points 20 () Attack strength Bow: Easy: 1 () - 4 () Normal: 1 () - 4 () Hard: 1 () - 5 () Sword: Easy: 2 () Normal: 2 () Hard: 3 would attack the skeleton, creating a crater in the process.|
|TU14||1.04||Creepers were made stronger. Depending on difficulty, creeper damage is scaled now with Easy: ~50% less damage, Normal: same damage as before, and Hard: ~33% more damage than before. In full diamond armor and hard difficulty a creeper can knock players down to 2 hearts.|
|Creepers are now aggressive towards the last player that hit them.|
|Increased knockback effect of creeper explosions.|
|Creepers will explode if they fall on players from a certain height.|
|TU24||CU12||1.16||The flashing animation was updated.|
|TU31||CU19||1.22||Patch 3||Creepers can be forcibly exploded using flint and steel Flint and Steel Type Tools Durability 65 Renewable No Stackable No Data value dec: 259 hex: 103 bin: 100000011 Name flint_and_steel The flint and steel is a tool used to light fires. Contents 1 Obtaining 1.1 Crafting 1.2 .|
|Creepers drop a mob head when killed by a charged creeper.|
Issues relating to ⃢₀ₜCreeper⃢₀ are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
Creepers have a formidable reputation in the community because of their potential to hurt players and destroy structures. Their distinct appearance and destructive abilities have made them a widely-recognizable Minecraft icon. Creepers are referenced in several of the items available at the Minecraft merchandise depot, and have become an internet meme complete with fan art, web comic references, and demotivational posters. A central part of the meme is the creeper`s unofficial catchphrase derived from the mob`s tendency to sneak up on the player and hiss before detonating:
"That`sssss a very nice
Creepers have been portrayed in many Minecraft products including but not limited to:
- Stuffed toys.
- Action figures.
- The creeper anatomy T-shirt reveals the insides of a creeper, and also reveals its scientific name: Creepus Explodus.
- LEGO Minecraft
- Minecraft @@@#@@@Facebook(facebook.com)###@### profile image
- In the goodie-bags given out at Minecon 2011, creepers were given as a fold-able and tapable decoration for ones room or collection, along with diamond and grass.
- Several creepers have appeared on TV during episodes of the TV show Mad (Criminal Minecraft and ThunderLolcats ) In ThunderLolcats they use the catchphrase, saying "That`ssss.. a nice wall you`ve got there."
- YouTube hosts many videos that featureSpecial attraction creepers, including review videos, "Let`s Play"`s, cartoons, and cameos in many other videos. When searching for the query "Minecraft Creeper", @@@#@@@YouTube(youtube.com)###@### returns over 1,500,000 videos.
- In Borderlands 2, creepers appear in a mineshaft in the most north-west part of Caustic Caverns, including dirt, coal ore, stone, gold ore, and a "Badass creeper" that is twice the strength and size of a regular Creeper.
- In Airmech, creepers appear as a unit "skin" for the suicide bomber unit the boomer. Creepers can be either green, blue, or red, depending on the color of the team that makes them.
- In Octodad: Dadliest Catch, a creeper head is seen on a shelf in the grocery store along with 2 Pickaxes and some grass blocks. It is part of a collection known as "Mintcraft".
- In Awesomenauts, one of the playable characters (Clunk) has a "skin" referencing the creeper, complete with hissing and explode sound effects.
- Seen as a Halloween costume in a game called Terraria.
- In Stealing the Diamond, when Henry Stickmin sneaks up to the museum`s outer wall with a pickaxe, a Creeper comes up behind him and explodes, destroying part of the wall instead.
- At the far end of the map in Stick RPG2, a smiling creeper can be seen in a hole at ground level.
- One of the things you can hit in Katawa Crash is a creeper.
- In the game Transformice, there is a creeper head that you may purchase as a hat for your mouse.
- In a game called Quube Twodee made by Universal Chicken in Adelaide, Australia, one of the levels has a creeper face.
- PixelJunk Shooter 2 for the PS3 shows a small creeper in the title screen hidden among other enemies native to Shooter 2.
- In a Notch This page has been protected from editing to prevent vandalism. Please discuss changes on the talk page. Markus Persson Real name Markus Alexej Persson Date of birth Jun. 1, 1979 (age 38) 1] Occupation Game developer -designed custom level for VVVVVV, "Pyramid Escape", a creeper`s face can be seen carved into the background to the far left of the pyramid.
- In Torchlight 2 the creeper plays an important role in an "Easter egg" mission in the cave named "Notch`s cave" where the player walks in and sees a group of creeper charging the player then exploding. Near the end of the cave you can find a minecraft skinned sword.
- In a game called Strollin, there is a purchasable creeper item, which makes bombs throw you farther.
- In the mobile game Geometry Dash, beating level 16 "Hexagon Force" on normal mode rewards the player a creeper face cube. This can also be colored to make it look like a normal one.
- When asked to describe the physical texture of a creeper, Notch said they would feel "crunchy, like dry leaves".
- On Monday, Jun. 18, 2012, a creeper was sent above the clouds into space.
Comparison of explosions, from Wither Skull (top left), wither Wither Health points 300 ( × 150) 600 ( × 300) Pocket edition only] Armor points 4 () Attack strength Easy: 5 () Normal: 8 () Hard: 12 () Size Height: 3.5 Blocks Width: 0.9 Blocks Spawn (far left), creeper (left), charged creeper (right), and TNT (far right)
In Other Media
Creeper and Steve micromobs from official LEGO Minecraft
Creeper minifigure from official LEGO Minecraft
The creeper was created by accident by Notch, the creator of Minecraft. While Notch was trying to create the first ever passive mob, the pig, the code went wrong, and he accidentally swapped the height and length. As a result, he got a tall, slim being with the face and torso in the shape of a player instead of a pig. With no arms and 4 stubby legs, this creature became known as the Creeper, a mob that when provoked or within distance of player blows up. It has earned Minecraft billions in marketing, and it is one of the most recognizable Minecraft mob and character, another example being Steve.
A Creeper who has found a player will chase down that player until the distance between them is only a few blocks. It should be noted that Creepers tend to walk to the right of a player. The Creeper makes use of a suicide-bomb attack involving getting within close proximity of the player (usually 2-3 blocks) before exploding. The player`s only warning to when the Creeper is about to explode is by a very distinctive hiss as well as the swelling and flashing of the Creeper itself which starts about 1⃢₀ₓ2 seconds prior to the explosion. It takes three full seconds for the Creeper to detonate. After it explodes, it will leave a large crater in the ground. The size of this crater is solely dependent on what the terrain is made from. Typically, a hole in the topsoil is created, however, they can be powerful enough to destroy Stone. When a Creeper killed by an arrow shot by a Skeleton, it will drop a random Music Disc which can be played in a Jukebox. It doesn`t matter what dealt most of the damage as long as the last blow was the arrow of a Skeleton. Creepers cannot use doors, but they can climb ladders and vines, unlike other hostile mobs and despite being armless. If a player tries moving away when a Creeper is hissing, it will cancel the detonation; however, the harder the Difficulty, the further away the player has to get.
If struck with lightning, a creeper will become a "Charged Creeper". Charged creepers are stronger, and they have a larger blast radius than a normal creeper. They also have a visible, electric aura surrounding them.
- Easy: 49HP₠(24.5x )
- Normal: 97HP₠(48.5x )
- Hard: 145HP₠(72.5x )
- Whenever possible, try to minimize contact with Creepers until the player has a ranged weapon, such as a bow, in order to fight them with. If the player only has a sword and a Creeper does attack the player, move backwards as well as moving either left or right while slashing to maximize the distance between the Creeper. If the player has a sword enchanted with Knockback, the sword will knock the Creeper several blocks backward depending on the level of enchantment, thus retreating and attacking again will no longer be needed (This can also be done by sprint-hitting the Creeper). It is possible to prevent a Creeper from exploding, by moving away from the Creeper fast enough. The range of a Creeper is determined by the player`s difficulty mode.
- It should be noted that Creepers do spawn unexpectedly and prowl silently, so it is not recommended to go out at night without protection. Look for an area where Creepers cannot reach the player before quitting the game to ensure one doesn`t sneak up on them when they return.
- Fighting creepers in water also gives the player an advantage, since they can swim faster than the Creeper and easily knock it out of detonation range. The player can have a similar advantage if they get the higher ground while fighting on land.
- If the player knows that they can`t escape, try to get at least a couple of blocks away from it while its detonating. The damage can be reduced also by blocking with a sword (or a shield in 1.9 or higher).