Alpha 1.2.0, the first releaseAnnounce of the Halloween Update See the 2010 Halloween Update. For the 2012 Halloween update, see Pretty Scary Update. A complete list of what Notch hoped to finish for the update. A complete list of what Notch , added the Nether along with new Nether-exclusive mobs and blocks. It also added fishing Fishing is the process of obtaining fish using fishing rods. Contents 1 Catching fish 2 Junk and treasures 3 Fishing rod durability 4 History 5 Issues 6 Trivia Catching fish edit | edit source] A , a new terrain generator, and other changes and fixes.
- New Dimension: The Nether A view of the Nether. The Nether is a hell-like dimension, filled with fire, lava, and dangerous mobs. Contents 1 Accessing 2 Environment 2.1 Mobs 3 Generation 3.1 Naturally generated 3.2 Naturally created 3.3 Structures ; a "Hell" world that can be used for quick travel
- New blocks
- Spawned in Nether: Netherrack Netherrack Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 2 Tool Renewable No Yes Pocket edition only] Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No (burns indefinitely when manually ignited, top side only) Experience Smelted: 0.1 Drops Itself Data value dec: 87 , Soul Sand Soul Sand Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 2.5 Tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 88 hex: 58 bin: 1011000 Name soul_sand “ Only in the fiery caverns of the Nether, , and Glowstone Glowstone Transparency Yes Luminance 15 Blast resistance 1.5 Tool Any tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Glowstone Dust (2–4) Data value dec: 89 hex: 59 bin: 1011001 Name glowstone See the block.
- Pumpkin Pumpkin Transparency Partial (blocks light) Luminance No Blast resistance 5 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 86 hex: 56 bin: 1010110 Name pumpkin See the pumpkin block. For , Jack o`Lanterns Jack o Lantern Transparency Partial (blocks light) Luminance Yes, 15 Blast resistance 5 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 91 hex: 5B bin: 1011011 Name lit_pumpkin “ Jack-o -lanterns: great looks, super powers.
- Portals Portal may refer to: Nether portal – the specific formation of obsidian blocks that create the structure used to travel to the Nether. Nether Portal (block) – the purple, indestructible, transparent, vortex-animated block that fills
- New mobs
- Ghast Ghast Health points 10 () Attack strength Impact: 6 () Explosion: varies by proximity, maximum: Easy: 9 () Normal: 17 () Hard: 25 ( × 12.5) Size Height: 4.0 Blocks Width: 4.0 Blocks Spawn The
- Zombie Pigman Zombie Pigman Health points 20 () Armor points 2 () Attack strength Easy: 5 () Normal: 9 () Hard: 13 () Size Height: 1.95 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks Spawn Any 2 block high space in any
- New Item: Clock Clock Type Tools Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) First appearances See History Data value dec: 347 hex: 15B bin: 101011011 Name clock See the in-game item. For the redstone circuit, see clock circuit.
- New terrain generator, featuring biomes A river bisecting a jungle biome. At the top right is a forest. A river running through a mesa biome with mesa plateaus, with a savanna biome in the bottom right. “ In case you
- Fishing rods serve a purpose by fishing Fishing is the process of obtaining fish using fishing rods. Contents 1 Catching fish 2 Junk and treasures 3 Fishing rod durability 4 History 5 Issues 6 Trivia Catching fish edit | edit source] A
- New music tracks
- Higher lighting values are required the deeper they are to keep mobs from spawning.
- Stairs Stairs Transparency Partial (blocks light) Luminance No Blast resistance Wood: 15 Stone: 30 Sandstone, Quartz, Red Sandstone: 4 Tools Renewable Cobblestone, Stone Brick, Wood, Purpur: Yes All others: No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable Wood: Yes , Crafting Tables, Chests, and Furnaces now face the same direction as the player when placed.
- Creepers Creeper Health points 20 () Attack strength Varies by proximity and difficulty. Maximum damage: Normal: 49 ( × 24.5) Charged: 97 ( × 48.5) Size Height: 1.7 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks Spawn Light level of have new sounds.
- Grass Grass Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 0 Tool Renewable Grass, Fern, Double variants: Yes Shrub: No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable Yes Drops Seeds (0–1) Data values Grass, Fern or Shrub dec: 31 hex: 1F bin: 11111 Double and leaves Leaves Transparency Partial (diffuses sky light) Luminance No Blast resistance 1 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable Yes Drops Sapling (0–1) @@@#@@@Apple(apple.com)###@### (0–1) (from oak and dark oak leaves) Data values Oak/Spruce/Birch/Jungle dec: 18 hex: 12 are now darker in shade
- Sunrise now creates a red glow at the horizon
- Pressing F1 hides the HUD and the viewmodel from the person`s view. In 3rd person mode (F5), pressing F1 will create a view looking back at the player`s own face.
4 bugs fixed
- Fixed bugs in SMP
- Redstone performance updated
- Door animation fixes
- Several performance bugs fixed
- Rails no longer cause a crash