|Renewable A renewable resource (as opposed to a non-renewable, or finite, resource) is a resource that can be recreated indefinitely in survival without exploiting glitches or using commands. While running out of resources isn t likely to|| |
|Internal ID|| |
|Network ID|| |
|Entity ID|| |
|First appearances|| |
|Data value|| |
dec:381 hex:17D bin:101111101
|Name See values from the latest PCPersonal Computer version of Minecraft. For values from Classic, see Data values/Classic. For values from Indev, see Data values/Indev. For values from the Pocket Edition, see Pocket Edition|| |
- When in 3rd person view, the eyes of ender fly out from the player`s feet instead of their hand.
To locate end portals (and the strongholds that house them):
- Pressing use while holding an eye of ender will cause it to fly in the direction of the nearest stronghold, traveling through any blocks necessary, and leave a trail of purple particles in its wake, the same particle effect used for ender chests Ender Chest Type Tile Entity Physics No Transparency Yes Luminance 7 Blast resistance 3,000 Hardness 22.5 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No First appearances See History Drops Obsidian (8) Block entity id ender_chest .
- In the PC edition, the eye will lead to the portal room when the stronghold is first generated in the world. If the world is exited and reloaded, the eye will instead lead to the spiral staircase that was the first room generated.
- In the Console Editions Console Edition Author(s) Mojang AB 4J Studios Platform(s) Written in C++ Latest version Xbox 360 - TU53 Xbox One - CU43 PS3 - 1.51 PS4 - 1.50 PSVita - 1.51 Wii U - Patch 23 , a thrown eye will lead to a stronghold, but not exactly to an end portal End Portal Room Biome Any Overworld biome Consists of Mossy Stone Bricks Cracked Stone Bricks Stone Bricks Stone Brick Stairs Iron Bars Lava Silverfish spawner End Portal Frame End Portal Can generate post-generation No First .
- While far away from an end portal, the ender eye always travels upwards to offer an easily-visible indication of the horizontal direction the player must travel.
- When the player gets close to the end portal`s horizontal coordinates, the eye floats in a more precise direction that takes the y-axis into account. This often means the eye will travel downwards, to indicate the player is above a Portal and must mine downwards.
- After two or three seconds of travel, the eye floats in the air briefly, then either falls (becoming collectable again), or shatters in mid-air. The Eye has a 20% chance of shattering.
- The Eye of Ender`s flying function only works in the Overworld The Overworld, as seen in an extreme hills and a forest biome The Overworld is the dimension in which all players begin their Minecraft journey. Contents 1 Creation 1.1 Seeds 2 Environment 2.1 Biomes 2.2 . It does nothing in the Nether A view of the Nether. The Nether is a hell-like dimension, filled with fire, lava, and dangerous mobs. Contents 1 Accessing 2 Environment 2.1 Mobs 3 Generation 3.1 Naturally generated 3.2 Naturally created 3.3 Structures , the End See the dimension. For the achievement, see Achievements#The End.. For the advancement, see Advancements#The End. A view of the central End island. The ender dragon can be seen flying around obsidian pillars, , or in worlds with no strongholds.
Activating end portals
Once an end portal is found, eyes of ender will also be required in order to activate it. End portals require a total of 12 eyes of ender in order to activate, though each individual frame block has a 10% chance of containing an eye of ender when generated. Eyes can be placed in empty End portal frames End Portal Transparency Partial (doesn t block light) Luminance Yes, 1 Blast resistance 18,000,000 Tool None Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 120 hex: 78 bin: 1111000 Name end_portal_frame See by pressing use on them until the entire ring of 12 is filled, thereby activating the Portal.
|Name See values from the latest PC version of Minecraft. For values from Classic, see Data values/Classic. For values from Indev, see Data values/Indev. For values from the Pocket Edition, see Pocket Edition||Ingredients||Crafting Crafting is the method by which many blocks, tools, and materials are made in Minecraft. In order to craft something, players must move items from their inventory to a crafting grid. A 2×2 crafting grid recipe|
|End Crystal||Glass+ |
Eye of Ender+
|Ender Chest||Obsidian+ |
Eye of Ender
- See also: Chunk format Chunks store the terrain and entities within a 16×256×16 area. They also store precomputed lighting, heightmap data for Minecraft s performance, and other meta information. Contents 1 NBT structure 2 Block format 3 Entity format 3.1
The purple particles left by ender eyes have entity data which define various properties of the entity. Their entity ID is
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
|Icon||Advancement Java Edition Only “ The system as a whole is called "advancements", which is aimed at guiding & tracking players progress through the game (in vanilla survival and any custom additions by mapmakers or mods).||In-game description||Parent||Actual requirements (if different)||Internal ID|
|Eye Spy||Follow an Ender Eye||We Need to Go Deeper||Enter a stronghold Stronghold Portal Room Biome Any Consists of See Structure First appearances See History Strongholds are structures that occur naturally underground, and are primarily important because they house end portals. Strongholds can be located using eyes .|| |
|1.0.0||Beta 1.9-pre3||Added eye of ender, which had no use.|
|In older worlds, generated before 1.9-pre3, the eyes may mislead you to a place where there isn`t a stronghold Stronghold Portal Room Biome Any Consists of See Structure First appearances See History Strongholds are structures that occur naturally underground, and are primarily important because they house end portals. Strongholds can be located using eyes at all. This is most likely because the eyes lead to where a Stronghold should be based on the seed, and seeds generate worlds differently in older versions. Therefore, if you saved the coordinates the eye traveled to in an old world and generated a new world with the same seed, you could travel to those same coordinates and find a stronghold.|
|Beta 1.9-pre4||Each eye could now be placed in a portal block or used to home in on a stronghold. Jeb demonstrated the new uses for an eye in his livestream. An End portal within a stronghold could be seen in the stream with two eyes inserted into blocks.|
|Beta Sound Update||Throwing sound was changed.|
|1.3.1||12w21a||Eyes of ender can now be used to craft ender chests.|
|Priest villagers would buy eyes of ender.|
|12w22a||Priest villagers would no longer buy eyes of ender, and would instead sell them for 7⃢₀ₓ10 emeralds.|
|1.8||14w02a||With changes made to villagers and the trading system, cleric villagers would at this time sell eyes of ender for 7⃢₀ₓ11 emeralds, as one of their tier III trades.|
|1.9||15w41a||Eyes of ender are no longer sold by cleric villagers.|
|15w44b||An eye of ender is now used to craft an end crystal.|
|1.11||16w32a||The entity ID is changed from |
|1.0||build 1||Added eyes of ender.|
|TU7||CU1||1.0||Patch 1||Added eyes of ender.|
Issues relating to ⃢₀ₜEye of Ender⃢₀ are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
A player can craft Eyes of Ender and throw them into the air one at a time to gradually lead them to a nearby Stronghold containing an End Portal. once the end portal is located, a player can place eyes of ender into each slot of the End Portal Frame to activate the portal. The Eye of Ender is capable of floating through solid blocks, as it leads a player to a stronghold, so digging may be required. It is even possible for it to float straight into the End Portal itself.
When an Eye of Ender is thrown, it will float diagonally upwards for about 15 blocks in the direction of the nearest stronghold, emitting a trail of purple particles. Eyes of Ender will float in the air approximately three seconds before either falling back to the ground as a collectable item that can be used again, or shattering (an explosion of particles, which has a 1 in 5 chance of occurring). When the player throws an Eye of Ender within around 20 blocks of a stronghold, the Eye of Ender will float towards (or into) the ground.
| Eye of Ender|
As a Crafting Ingredient
|Obsidian||Eye of Ender||Obsidian|