The Glyph of Fortification, or Glyph, is an ability usable by any player that causes all friendly buildings Buildings are special units that are immune to most spells, use structure armor, and are immobile. Destroying a building rewards you with a bounty, similar to most creeps or heroes. Destroying towers rewards the entire to become impervious to damage for a short duration. Glyph lasts for five seconds, and has a five-minute cooldown per team. A team`s Glyph cooldown is refreshed 1 second after they lose a Tier 1 Tower Tier 1 Tower Building Level 1 Health 1400 Health regeneration 0 Armor 14 Magic resistance 0% Attack damage 100‒120 Acquisition range 700 Attack range 700 Base attack time 1 Attack animation 0.6+0.4 Projectile speed 750 .
The Glyph of Fortification can be activated by any player with a button at the right of the minimap or the shortcut they defined in the settings. Glyph grants all buildings belonging to that team 100% damage resistance, so that they take absolutely no damage from anything. They are not turned invulnerable Default buff iconPlay Error soundInvulnerability is a status effect that renders the target completely immune to all status effects and damage, except for most damage flagged as @@@#@@@HP(hp.com)###@### Removal. Most friendly effects, such as healing , meaning buildings under the effect of the Glyph can still be targeted by attacks and spells, which invulnerability would prevent.
- In DotA, Glyph grants friendly buildings spell immunity Spell Immunity Ally Interactions Enemy Interactions Default buff iconPlay Error sound “ Play Magic shall not prevail! Click to listen— Anti-Mage ” Spell immunity (formerly known as magic immunity) is a modifier and +9999 armor Armor is an attribute shared by all units. Armor is used to determine the amount of damage reduction (or amplification if an armor value is negative) a unit takes from physical damage sources. Higher armor , instead of 100% damage resistance like in Dota 2.
- This means physical attacks still did 1 damage to them, since 100% physical damage resistance cannot be achieved with just armor, and the game rounds damage numbers to full numbers.
- This also means that fortified buildings cannot be targeted by some spells which otherwise could target them.
- In earlier versions of DotA, Glyph did not grant spell immunity, and skills such as Pugna Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Pugna 17 + 1.5 16 + 1 26 + 4.5 Level Base `s Nether Blast could deal damage through it.
- Glyph of Fortification cooldown refresh is now granted 1 second after a Tier 1 tower dies rather than immediately.
- Fixed Glyph not affecting Effigy buildings.
- Glyph of Fortification cooldown is now refreshed whenever you lose a Tier 1 tower.
- Glyph duration increased from 4 to 5 seconds.
- Fortify Buildings glyph ability now prevents magic damage as well.
- Reduced Glyph cooldown from 6 minutes to 5 minutes.
- Glyph cooldown is now reset on initial creep spawn.
- Minor improvements to Glyph of Fortification.
- Gives Old TP Scroll style bonus armor to all allied buildings for 4 seconds. Cooldown: 6 Minutes.
The main line of base defense, towers are the primary buildings that can attack. Both the Radiant and the Dire have three lanes which are guarded by three towers each. Their Ancient is guarded by two neighboring towers. Towers are a higher tier depending on how far they are in the lane. Every tower, except for Tier 1 towers, are invulnerable until the lower tier tower in front of it is destroyed. The two Tier 4 towers defending a team`s Ancient become vulnerable if any Tier 3 tower is destroyed. Barracks do not have to be destroyed to make these towers vulnerable. Both Tier 4 towers must be destroyed in order to remove the Ancient`s invulnerability.
Towers can be denied, just like creeps, once they have 10% health or less. This means that tier 1 towers (1400 total HP) can be denied at 140 health or lower, and tier 2-4 towers (1600 total HP) can be denied at 160 health or lower. Tier 4 towers regen 3 HP/sec.
All towers have a sight range of 1900 / 800, a True Sight range of 700, an attack range of 700, and grant an armor aura to nearby heroes. They also gain 2 armor for each enemy hero within 1200 distance. All Towers deal Siege Damage.
Towers have a specific targeting priority that determines which enemy it will attack. Listed from highest priority to lowest.
- Closest enemy unit or hero attacking a friendly hero with auto attack
- Closest enemy unit or hero attacking the tower itself with auto attack
- Closest enemy unit or hero attacking any friendly unit with auto attack
- Closest enemy unit
- Closest enemy hero
- Closest enemy catapult
Towers do not attack neutral units.
The tower will only switch targets under three circumstances:
- If the targeted enemy unit or hero dies (target is removed)
- If an enemy unit or hero targets a friendly hero within 500 range of the tower (priority 1)
- If an enemy hero being attacked by the tower manually attacks a friendly unit or hero (this is a strategy known as removing tower aggression, or "tower aggro" to get a tower to stop attacking you, forcing it to switch targets)
|Tier||Bounty||Denied Bounty||Last Hit Bonus||Average Total||Denied Total|
|1||120 reliable Gold||80 reliable Gold||150-250 unreliable Gold||1520 Gold||500 Gold|
|2||200 reliable Gold||100 reliable Gold||150-250 unreliable Gold||1760 Gold||600 Gold|
|3||240 reliable Gold||120 reliable Gold||150-250 unreliable Gold||1990 Gold||700 Gold|
|4||280 reliable Gold||140 reliable Gold||150-250 unreliable Gold||2225 Gold||800 Gold|
|Tier||Health||Damage||Armor||Base Attack Time||Armor Aura||HP Regen|
All buildings except for Tier 1 towers and the Fountain have backdoor protection, which regenerates structures by 90 hp per second until they are at their previous health amount, and provides 75% damage resistance against illusions and 25% damage resistance against all other units. This means backdoor protection can resist up to 240 dps, any higher dps will be able to eventually destroy the building. Backdoor protection activates when there are no attacking allied creeps within a 900 radius of the enemy tower. If there are allied creeps nearby, backdoor protection is disabled and the tower remains vulnerable for 15 seconds after the last creep dies. Backdoor protection will not regenerate damage dealt by friendly units.
It should be noted that Tier 2 towers each have their own separate backdoor protection. Disabling the backdoor protection of one Tier 2 tower will not disable the others. For the base area (which encompasses all Tier 3 and 4 towers, Barracks, Pillars, and the Ancient) all buildings will share backdoor protection within that area. This means disabling one base building`s backdoor protection will disable it for the entire base. Keep in mind however that Tier 4 towers are still invulnerable until at least one Tier 3 tower is destroyed, and the Ancient is invulnerable until both Tier 4 towers are destroyed.
Barracks are buildings which spawn Lane Creeps and are defended by Tier 3 towers. There are two barracks for each lane. The Melee Barracks is always to the right and the Ranged Barracks is always to the left, no matter which faction`s side of the map you are on. Destroying an enemy Barracks grants your team`s corresponding lane super creeps. For example, if you destroy the middle lane`s Melee Barracks, your middle lane will now spawn Super Melee creeps.
Destroying all of the enemy base`s barracks will cause an announcement to sound, alerting both teams that you are now spawning mega creeps. This upgrades Super creeps to Mega Creeps, making them even more powerful. See Lane Creeps for more details.
Creeps will always spawn, regardless of whether there is a barracks or not. Barracks are invulnerable until the corresponding tower that guards them is destroyed.
The Melee Barracks has 1500 HP, 15 Armor and 5 HP regen.
The Ranged Barracks has 1200 HP, 10 Armor and 0 HP regen.
Barracks have a last hit bonus of 100-150 gold, and give each player on the enemy team 275 (Melee) / 225 (Ranged) gold when destroyed. The team gold is given even if the barracks are denied.
Barracks have 900 / 600 sight range, and do not have True Sight.
Ancients (also known as Thrones) are massive structures and the main objective. To win, your team must destroy the enemy Ancient. Ancients have no offensive abilities, but are guarded by towers and powerful team of five heroes. The Ancient is invincible until both Tier 4 towers are destroyed.
Ancients have 4250 hp, regenerate 3 hp per second, 15 armor, and backdoor protection.
They also have 2600 / 2600 sight range, and a True Sight radius of 900.
The fountain is a structure located in the respawn area of each base, and provides a healing and mana regeneration aura to all allied units near it.
The Fountain Rejuvenation aura provides 4% of maximum HP and Mana per second + 14 Mana per second.
Fountains are permanently invulnerable, have 1800 / 1800 sight range, a True Sight radius of 1200, and an attack range of 1200. Deals 190-199 damage per attack.
Bottles are automatically refilled when you are near the fountain. Using bottles while near the fountain speeds up the rate of regeneration.
The Home Shop is located at the fountain.
Shrines are regenerative structures in the base and on the map. Each team has 5 Shrines inside the base, and 2 Shrines on the map near each team`s Secret Shop and Ancient Camp locations. They can be directly teleported to just like all other team buildings. Shrines become vulnerable whenever any Tier 3 tower falls for the respective team.
Shrines have 1500 HP and 20 Armor. Shrines provide a 150 gold bounty for each player on the team when killed or denied. Shrines do not grant vision.
Pillars or Effigies are smaller structures that act as buffers within a base, making creeps take longer to reach actual towers and give the base`s defenders more time to act.