- Like arrows, chicken eggs, fire charges and spawn eggs, snowballs can be fired from Dispensers.
- Snowballs are the projectile of a snow golem, offering no effect except for knockback. Again, Blazes are the exception.
- Snowballs burn when thrown through lava, but are not destroyed.
- There is a glitch where, sometimes, Snowballs can pass through solid blocks.
|Renewable A renewable resource (as opposed to a non-renewable, or finite, resource) is a resource that can be recreated indefinitely in survival without exploiting glitches or using commands. While running out of resources isn t likely to|| |
|Internal ID|| |
|Network ID|| |
|Entity ID|| |
|First appearances|| |
|Data value|| |
dec:332 hex:14C bin:101001100
|Name See values from the latest PCPersonal Computer version of Minecraft. For values from Classic, see Data values/Classic. For values from Indev, see Data values/Indev. For values from the Pocket Edition, see Pocket Edition|| |
Snowballs are throwable items.
- See also: Tutorials/Snow farming Snow golems allow for quickly obtaining a large amount of snowballs, and therefore snow blocks and snow layers. Contents 1 Why? 2 Material 3 Location 4 Build 4.1 Video tutorials 5 Operation Why? edit |
Snowballs can be obtained by breaking snow blocks (4 snowballs) when using a shovel without silk touch and by breaking snow layers using a shovel (1-8 snowballs, one per layer).
Snow Golems Snow Golem Health points 4 () Attack strength 0 () (only pushes mobs back) 3 () to Blaze Size Height: 1.9 Blocks Width: 0.7 Blocks Spawn Where created by the player First appearances See History drop 0-15 snowballs upon death.
|Name See values from the latest PC version of Minecraft. For values from Classic, see Data values/Classic. For values from Indev, see Data values/Indev. For values from the Pocket Edition, see Pocket Edition||Ingredients||Crafting Crafting is the method by which many blocks, tools, and materials are made in Minecraft. In order to craft something, players must move items from their inventory to a crafting grid. A 2×2 crafting grid recipe|
Snowballs can be thrown by using them. They are affected by gravity.
They deal 3 () to blazes Blaze Health points 20 () Attack strength Fireball: 5 () Contact: Easy: 4 () Normal: 6 () Hard: 9 () Size Height: 1.8 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks Spawn Nether Fortresses, light level of 11 or but they deal no damage to other mobs, mobs will still have knockback and give the same effect as if they were being damaged. In both versions, they can still damage armor Armor Type Wearable items Durability See Durability Renewable Yes Stackable No Data values See Data values Name See Data values For the armor that can be worn by horses, see Horse Armor. Armor classes. From .
When fighting the Ender Dragon Ender Dragon Health points 200 ( × 100) Attack strength Peaceful: 0 () Easy: 6 () Normal: 10 () Hard: 15 () Breath attack: 6 () after a half-second Exploding fireball attack: 12 () after , snowballs can be thrown at End Crystals End Crystal Type Decorations Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Internal ID PC: 200 PE: 71 Network ID PC: 51 Entity ID ender_crystal Drops None First appearances See History Data value dec: 426 hex: 1AA bin: 110101010 to destroy them, as an alternative to arrows Arrow Type Combat Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Internal ID Normal / Tipped: PC: 10, PE: 80 Spectral: PC: 24 Network ID Normal / Tipped: PC: 60 Spectral: PC: 91 Entity ID Normal .
Snowballs can be fired from dispensers Dispenser Type Block Requirements None Physics No Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 17.5 Hardness 3.5 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No First appearances See history Drops Dispenser (1) plus contents Block entity .
- See also: Chunk format Chunks store the terrain and entities within a 16×256×16 area. They also store precomputed lighting, heightmap data for Minecraft s performance, and other meta information. Contents 1 NBT structure 2 Block format 3 Entity format 3.1
Snowballs have entity data which define various properties of the entity. Their entity ID is
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- Tags common to all projectiles see Template:Nbt inherit/projectile/template
shake: The "shake" when arrows hit a block.
ownerName: The name of the player this projectile was thrown by.
Issues relating to ⃢₀ₜSnowball⃢₀ are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
As a Crafting Ingredient
The snowball is especially useful against Blazes, as the snowball can knock a blaze out with seven hits. They are also useful to knock any mob off cliffs or into a trap, as well as players, as snowballs have a knockback equivalent to Knockback I on a sword.
Use in PvP
Snowballs have a dual use in PvP combat situations: They can be used to keep enemies at many meters length, and can quickly break or wear down armor, unless it is enchanted with Unbreaking.