Raw fish is a food item which can be obtained by fishing Fishing is the process of obtaining fish using fishing rods. Contents 1 Catching fish 2 Junk and treasures 3 Fishing rod durability 4 History 5 Issues 6 Trivia Catching fish edit | edit source] A .
Raw salmon is a rarer variant of raw fish.
Clownfish is an even rarer variant of raw fish that cannot be cooked.
Pufferfish is a highly poisonous variant of raw fish.
Cooked fish is a food item obtained by cooking raw fish.
Cooked salmon is a food item obtained by cooking raw salmon.
- In the Halloween Update, Notch said he would add fish as a sea creature; be that as it may, he had limited time, and was thus only able to add them as an item.
- Raw fish most closely resembles white crappie or tilapia. Be that as it may, the texture files and language text label them as cod.
- The consumption of pufferfish inflicting the player with nausea and poison is actually based on reality, as real pufferfish contain the extremely dangerous toxin Tetrodotoxin within their organs, especially their liver. Muscle tissue and blood only contain trace amounts. In East Asia, pufferfish are considered a delicacy known as fugu, as small parts of the fish are actually edible.
- If this dish is prepared incorrectly, it can be lethal through respiratory paralysis. Therefore, any chef preparing fugu would have to have special licensing/certification to prepare this dish.
The most common way of obtaining any type of raw fish is fishing. The chance of one being caught are decreased with the `Luck Of The Sea` enchantment "Flame" redirects here. For the non-solid damage-dealing block, see Fire. “ How does enchanting work in Minecraft? Well, you open a magical book and pick a random spell, not quite sure knowing what it will .
Guardians drop raw fish as a common drop. The fish will be cooked if killed while on fire.
Guardians and elder guardians also drop fish as a rare drop. This has a 60% chance of being raw fish, a 25% chance of being raw salmon, a 2% chance of being clownfish and a 13% chance of being pufferfish. The chance of getting a fish can be increased with looting "Flame" redirects here. For the non-solid damage-dealing block, see Fire. “ How does enchanting work in Minecraft? Well, you open a magical book and pick a random spell, not quite sure knowing what it will , but the type of fish is not affected.
Polar bears Polar Bear Health points 30 ( × 15) Attack strength Adults only Peaceful: 0 (but still performs attack animation) Easy: 4 () Normal: 6 () Hard: 9 () Size Adult: Height: 1.4 Blocks Width: 1.3 drop 0–2 raw fish when killed. This has a 3⁄4 chance of being raw fish and a 1⁄4 chance of being raw salmon. Polar bears do not drop clownfish or pufferfish. The fish will be raw even if the polar bear is on fire when killed.
Raw salmon can be found in 61.5% of bonus chests Chest Type Block Entity Physics No Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 12.5 Hardness 2.5 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No, but catches fire from lava First appearances See History Drops Chest (1) in stacks of 1⃢₀ₓ2.
Fisherman villagers Villager Health points 20 () Size Adult: Height: 1.95 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks Baby: Height: 0.975 Blocks Width: 0.3 Blocks Spawn Village When a zombie villager is cured First appearances See History Drops None Experience will sell 6 cooked fish for 6 raw fish and 1 emerald Emerald Type Raw materials Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) First appearances See History Data value dec: 388 hex: 184 bin: 110000100 Name emerald See the gem. For the ore, see Emerald Ore. For .
Raw fish restores 2 () and 0.4 saturation. Cooked fish restores 5 () and 6 saturation. Raw salmon restores 2 () and 0.2 saturation. Cooked salmon restores 6 () and 9.6 saturation. Clownfish restores 1 () and 0.2 saturation. Pufferfish restores 1 () and 0.2 saturation, and inflicts Hunger III for 15 seconds,
Poison IV for 1 minute, and
Nausea II for 15 seconds.
Raw fish can be used to tame ocelots, get cats off of chests, beds, etc., breed cats, and make baby cats grow up faster by 10% of the remaining time.Javaedition only Raw salmon, clownfish and pufferfish will also work. Javaand Console editions
|Name See values from the latest PC version of Minecraft. For values from Classic, see Data values/Classic. For values from Indev, see Data values/Indev. For values from the Pocket Edition, see Pocket Edition||Ingredients||Brewing recipe|
|Potion of Water Breathing||Pufferfish+ |
|Mundane Potion||Pufferfish + Water Bottle|
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Actual requirements (if different)||Availability||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
|Delicious Fish||Catch and cook a fish!||Pick up a cooked fish from a furnace output.||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||15G||Silver|
|Lion Tamer||Tame an Ocelot||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||15G||Bronze|
|Icon||Advancement||In-game description||Parent||Actual requirements (if different)||Internal ID|
|Husbandry||The world is full of friends and food||⃢₀ₔ||Eat anything that can be eaten.|| |
|A Balanced Diet||Eat everything that is edible, even if it`s not good for you||A Seedy Place||Eat each of these 35 foods. Other foods, if any, are ignored for the advancement.|| |
Issues relating to ⃢₀ₜFish⃢₀ are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
- Caught while Fishing. The chance of one being caught can be increased with the `Lure` enchantment.
- Found in chests
- Dropped by slain Polar Bears, Guardians, and Elder Guardians about 25% of the time
- Raw Salmon can be cooked in a₠Furnace₠to create₠, an edible Food, which restores . Cooked Salmon
- Raw Salmon can be used to tame an Ocelot, or simply make it follow the Player who is holding it