Mycelium can only be obtained by mining it using a tool with the Silk Touch enchantment. Otherwise it will drop dirt. A shovel is the fastest tool to collect it.
|Breaking "Punch" redirects here. For the enchantment, see Enchanting#Punch. The Player punches trees and gets wood (click to view animation). Breaking, digging, punching, or mining is one of the most fundamental activities in Minecraft, performed (by time|
- ⃢₆ₑ Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
- When harvested, mycelium will normally drop a dirt block, but if it is mined using a tool with the Silk Touch enchantment, a block of mycelium can be collected instead.
- Players cannot convert mycelium into farmland.
|“||In Minecraft, mycelium is represented as a type of dirt block, covered in grey-purple strands and emitting strange particulates. Predictably enough, mycelium blocks occur naturally in Mushroom Island biomes, and though they aren’t very good for growing most crops - they can’t even be hoed into farmland - mushrooms spread here easily, and in any light level.||„|
|— Marsh Davies Marsh Davies Real name Marsh Davies Occupation Creative communications manager Website http://www.marshdavies.com/ @@@#@@@Twitter(twitter.com)###@### name @MarshDavies This article is a stub. Please help us by expanding it. Marsh Davies is the creative communications manager at Mojang|
Mycelium is a variant of dirt Dirt Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 2.5 Tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 03 hex: 3 bin: 11 Name dirt See Dirt. For the similar block, see that is found naturally in Mushroom Island biomes. It has a particle effect that resembles tiny spores being released constantly from the surface.
- It is a common misconception that only mooshrooms can spawn on mycelium. This is not true; it is the biome itself that prevents other mobs from spawning. Friendly and hostile mobs can spawn on mycelium in any other biome just like they do on any other block. Relatedly, mycelium outside of a mushroom biome will not spawn mooshrooms.
- The spore particle effect is called "townaura" in the game code.
- In real life, mycelium is the part of a fungus that gathers nutrients, comprised of web-like threads known as hyphae. Mycelium can be considered the roots of a fungus, whereas the mushrooms can be considered the fruits.
Mycelium generates naturally in mushroom biomes A river bisecting a jungle biome. At the top right is a forest. A river running through a mesa biome with mesa plateaus, with a savanna biome in the bottom right. “ In case you .
Effect on plants
- Mushrooms Mushroom Type Ingredient Block Restores None Cookable No Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Luminance Yes, 1 (brown only) First appearances See History Data values See Data values Name See Data values See can remain on mycelium blocks in any light level, unlike the situation on other blocks, where mushrooms are broken (dropping as items) during block updates in high light.
- Huge mushrooms Huge Mushroom Biome Mushroom island, swamp, Pocket edition only] roofed forest Consists of Mushroom blocks Can generate post-generation Yes, when the player uses bone meal on a mushroom. First appearances See History See can grow on mycelium, just as they can grow on dirt Dirt Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 2.5 Tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 03 hex: 3 bin: 11 Name dirt See Dirt. For the similar block, see or grass.
- Mycelium cannot be tilled with a hoe Hoe Type Tools Durability Wood: 60 Uses Stone: 132 Uses Iron: 251 Uses Golden: 33 Uses Diamond: 1562 Uses Renewable Diamond: No All Others: Yes Stackable No Data values See Data values Name See Data to make farmland Farmland Transparency PC: Partial (Blocks light) PE: Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 3 Tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Dirt (1) Data value dec: 60 hex: 3C bin: 111100 Name farmland “ Want to live . Saplings Sapling Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 0 Tool Any tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 06 hex: 6 bin: 110 Name sapling A sapling is an item that can be , flowers Flower Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 0 Tool Any tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable One-block-high: Yes, but does not catch fire from lava Two-blocks-high: Yes Drops Itself Data values See Data values , grasses Grass Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 0 Tool Renewable Grass, Fern, Double variants: Yes Shrub: No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable Yes Drops Seeds (0–1) Data values Grass, Fern or Shrub dec: 31 hex: 1F bin: 11111 Double , shrubs, ferns and sugar cane Sugar Canes Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 0 Tool Any tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data values See Data values Name reeds Sugar canes are an item and an cannot be planted on it, and pumpkins Pumpkin Transparency Partial (blocks light) Luminance No Blast resistance 5 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 86 hex: 56 bin: 1010110 Name pumpkin See the pumpkin block. For and melons Melon Transparency Partial (blocks light) Luminance No Blast resistance 5 Tools Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Melon (3–7) (9 if broken with shears Pocket edition only]) Data value dec: 103 hex: 67 bin: 1100111 Name melon_block will not grow on it.
A mycelium block can spread to any dirt block within one space above, one sideways, or three down. The mycelium needs light level Light (or lighting) in Minecraft affects visibility, mob spawning, and plant growth. Contents 1 Brightness 1.1 Spread 2 Sources of light 2.1 Blocks 2.2 Other 3 Light-filtering blocks 4 Effects of light 4.1 Mobs 4.2 9+ above it and the dirt Dirt Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 2.5 Tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 03 hex: 3 bin: 11 Name dirt See Dirt. For the similar block, see needs light level 4+ above it, and must not be covered by any light-impeding block or any opaque When leaves are opaque (in "fast" graphics), they completely block rendering. When leaves are transparent (in "fancy" graphics), the world behind them is also rendered. Opacity (and its inverse, transparency) are properties of blocks with block. Mycelium reverts to dirt when covered by one of the light-impeding blocks above and the light level at that block is below 4.
If there is a plant on a dirt block when mycelium spreads to it, the plant will pop out and drop as an item.
- See also: Block states
Issues relating to ⃢₀ₜMycelium⃢₀ are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
Mycelium will grow on any Dirt block in an area where other mycelium blocks exist, even if the dirt blocks have a sapling or another plant on it (although the plant will fall off as soon as mycelium appears). Mycelium will spread to adjacent dirt blocks, as long as enough Light reaches the block. Its spread can be stopped by creating an obstruction to the Mycelium`s expansion, such as a two-block change in terrain height or a non-dirt block. Small "spore-like" Particles appear above the surface of mycelium blocks.
- Mycelium was first added in the first Beta 1.9 release, but it was only usable in creative mode.
- As of 1.2.4, mycelium is the only block on which players can spawn mushrooms while in sunlight.
- They were added to Pocket Edition in the 0.9.0 update, along with mushroom island biomes.