|Biome A river bisecting a jungle biome. At the top right is a forest. A river running through a mesa biome with mesa plateaus, with a savanna biome in the bottom right. “ In case you|| |
|Can generate |
|First appearances|| |
Abandoned mineshafts are generated structures Every specific group of blocks purposefully formed in Minecraft based on coding is part of a natural structure. Contents 1 The Overworld 1.1 Terrain 1.1.1 Mountain 1.1.2 Floating "island" 1.1.3 Hollows 1.1.4 Hill 1.1.5 Beach that generate in the Overworld The Overworld, as seen in an extreme hills and a forest biome The Overworld is the dimension in which all players begin their Minecraft journey. Contents 1 Creation 1.1 Seeds 2 Environment 2.1 Biomes 2.2 .
- In the Beta 1.8 Pre-Release 1 and 2, support beams in mines were only made of planks. Fences were added later in the Beta 1.8 version.
- All abandoned mineshafts have a companion cavern that follows it.
- Mineshafts intersecting a dungeon or stronghold are more common in the console editions because worlds are much smaller, and they₠provide less area for the structures to generate separately.
- A rare₠glitch can cause a mineshaft to be floating in the sky when using the preset Desert for a superflat world.
- In Minecraft: Pocket Edition Version 0.10.0, there are above-ground mine shafts in Mesa biomes.
- These Mineshafts are made out of dark oak planks, and they mainly contain gold ore as treasure.
- Turning on subtitles on Minecraft can yield a subtitle saying minecart rolling which can be useful in finding mineshafts.
- There`s a bug where abandoned mineshafts that are underground in water biomes may leave underwater air pockets in the water. This can also be useful to find mineshafts.
- At bedrock layer, abandoned mineshafts will cut through the top bedrock layer(s).verify
- Mineshafts can generate on top of other mineshafts. If you see two different ones intersecting each other anomalously, they are two different shafts, even if they somehow meet up perfectly elsewhere.
- Mineshafts are less common near the origin of the world (0,0).verify
- Mushrooms can be found at the bottom of mineshafts.
Abandoned mineshafts generate naturally in the Overworld; they are usually found underground but some can be found in the ocean. They are generated before chunk featuresSpecial attraction such as ores. As with other features, multiple abandoned mineshafts can generate near each other and intersect, producing larger complexes. They can also intersect with other cave systems. Corridors will generate a floor of wooden planks if they cross over empty space.
They can also generate on the surface in mesa biomes. These are composed of dark oak planks and fences, rather than oak. Cave spider spawners and various wooden pieces will not generate if above ground (i.e. the sky light where they generate is 8 or more), and generated railways will be less complete above ground.
Abandoned mineshafts consist of:
- A starting point - a large room with a flat dirt floor, an arched ceiling and up to four exits (one in each direction, although, sometimes it generates in a way for up to five entrances.)
- Corridors - 3ℂₗ3 block corridors featuring supports made from oak fences Fence Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 15 (Wood) 30 (Nether Brick) Tools Renewable Wood: Yes Nether Brick: No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable Wood: Yes Nether Brick: No Drops Itself Data values See Data values and wood planks Wood Planks Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 15 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable Yes Drops Itself Data value dec: 05 hex: 5 bin: 101 Name planks Wood planks are common blocks used in many crafting (sometimes complementary with torches), broken rails, minecarts with chests Minecart with Chest Type Vehicles Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable No Internal ID PC: 43 PE: 98 Network ID PC: 10 Entity ID chest_minecart Drops 1 Minecart 1 Chest plus contents Health points 6 () (containing resources) and cave spider Cave Spider Health points 12 () Attack strength Easy: 2 () Normal: 2 () Hard: 3 () Venom: 1 () per 1.25 sec Hard: for 15 sec () Normal: for 7 sec () Size Height: spawners Monster Spawner Type Solid Block Requirements None Physics No Transparency Partial (doesn t block light) Luminance No (Small amount of light for Pocket Edition) Blast resistance 25 Hardness 5 Tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable surrounded by cobwebs Cobweb Transparency Partial (diffuses sky light) Luminance No Blast resistance 20 Tools Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops String (1) Data value dec: 30 hex: 1E bin: 11110 Name web Cobwebs are blocks that slow down .
- Crossings - intersections with wooden pillars, sometimes two floors tall.
- Staircases - diagonal sections of tunnel.
- See also: Chest loot This table summarizes the average quantity of each item that can be found in a naturally-generated chest, depending on its location. show all columns View at: Chest loot/All edit] Values represent the number of items
Each mineshaft chest contains 3 groups of 1, 2–4, and 3 item stacks, with the following distribution:
|Stack Size||Weight||# Items||Chance||# Chests|
Golden @@@#@@@Apple(apple.com)###@### (Normal)
Golden AppleTechnology company (Enchanted)
- ↑ All enchantments are equally probable, and any level of the enchantment is equally probable.
- ↑ `Nothing` does not refer to the chance of an empty chest. Instead, it refers to the chance that the random loot generator will not add any loot on a single roll.
|Beta Beta Starting version Beta 1.0 (Dec. 20, 2010) Latest version Beta 1.9-pre6 (Nov. 13, 2011) Paid Yes These versions are available to play in the launcher. Be that as it may, please note that these versions contain bugs. You ll|
|1.8 Beta 1.8 Official name Adventure Update (Part 1) Release date Sep. 15, 2011 Development versions View all Pre-releases Beta 1.8-pre1 Beta 1.8-pre2 Download Client Server Other editions of 1.8 Java Edition ◄◄ Beta 1.7 ◄||1.8-pre1||Added abandoned mineshafts.|
|1.8.1 Beta 1.8.1 Release date Sep. 19, 2011 Download Client Server Other editions of 1.8.1 Java Edition ◄◄ Beta 1.8 1.0.0 ►► See the computer edition. For other editions, see Version history (disambiguation).||Support beams in mineshafts are converted from wood planks Wood Planks Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 15 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable Yes Drops Itself Data value dec: 05 hex: 5 bin: 101 Name planks Wood planks are common blocks used in many crafting to oak fences Fence Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 15 (Wood) 30 (Nether Brick) Tools Renewable Wood: Yes Nether Brick: No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable Wood: Yes Nether Brick: No Drops Itself Data values See Data values .|
|1.2.1||12w05a||Added wooden bridges under floating sections of mineshafts.|
|It is no longer possible to place and ride minecarts on floating rails without the use of mods.|
|1.4.2||Chests can no longer generate right next to each other, meaning naturally-occurring large chests do not generate any more.|
|Chests can no longer be found floating in air.|
|1.4.6||Added enchanted books in abandoned mineshaft chests.|
|1.5||13w02a||Changed abandoned mineshaft chests to minecarts with chests Minecart with Chest Type Vehicles Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable No Internal ID PC: 43 PE: 98 Network ID PC: 10 Entity ID chest_minecart Drops 1 Minecart 1 Chest plus contents Health points 6 () on rails.|
|1.5.2||Minecarts with chests may be generated on cobwebs.|
|1.9||15w44a||Added torches, beetroot seeds, enchanted and normal golden apples, and activator, detector and powered rails to minecart chests.|
|Removed saddles and iron horse armor from chests.|
|Decreased the average yields of iron and gold ingots, melon and pumpkin seeds, diamonds, lapis lazuli, redstone and bread.|
|Increased the average yield of iron pickaxes, and substantially increased the average yield of rails and enchanted books.|
|1.10||16w20a||Abandoned mineshafts can now generate on the surface in mesa biomes, using dark oak planks and fences rather than oak.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.9.0||build 1||Added abandoned mineshafts.|
|Cave spider spawners replaced with regular spiders until potion effects are added.|
|0.10.0||Sep. 9, 2014||Tommaso Checchi tweeted a picture of mineshafts generated at surface level within a mesa, in a mesa biome.|
|build 1||Abandoned mineshafts can now generate on the surface in mesa biomes.|
|Above-ground mineshafts now use dark oak planks and fences rather than oak.|
|0.11.0||build 12||Abandoned mineshafts now generate with cave spider spawners.|
|0.14.0||build 1||Abandoned mineshafts will now generate minecarts with chests Minecart with Chest Type Vehicles Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable No Internal ID PC: 43 PE: 98 Network ID PC: 10 Entity ID chest_minecart Drops 1 Minecart 1 Chest plus contents Health points 6 () .|
|TU5||CU1||1.0||Patch 1||Added abandoned mineshafts.|
|TU12||Added wooden bridges under floating sections of mineshafts.|
|TU43||CU33||1.36||Patch 13||Abandoned mineshafts can now generate on the surface in mesa biomes, using dark oak planks and fences rather than oak.|
Issues relating to ⃢₀ₜAbandoned mineshaft⃢₀ are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
- In LEGO Minecraft Micro World- The Village, an abandoned mineshaft is beneath the village.
A regular golden apple found naturally generated in a minecart chest in snapshot 15w51b (1.9).
A dungeon, stronghold and an abandoned mineshaft all in one area.
Abandoned Mineshafts are usually filled with cobwebs and many cave spider spawners. Entrances to the spawner rooms are filled with cobwebs, so it`s best to bring some Shears. Abandoned Mineshafts are also rich with ores such as iron, gold, sometimes lapis lazuli, diamonds, and, very rarely, Emeralds. The support beams are made of wooden planks and fences. Abandoned Mineshafts provide a very good source of wood while the player mines underground. There is a rare chance that mineshafts will generate inside of a Ravine and intersect said ravine.
There are chests (in Minecarts as of 1.5) throughout the Abandoned Mineshafts that can contain resources, such as gold, iron ingots, ores, food, or seeds. Some items, such as rails and ores, can be found during the excavation in the shaft. Items, such as diamonds, wood, and rails, are rare to find in chests. On occasion, abandoned mine shafts can connect to Strongholds or dungeons. Abandoned Mineshafts are a naturally generated structure. Beginners should try to find an Abandoned Mineshaft in underground ravines. The Pocket Edition did not have chests in Mineshafts until 0.14.0.
Exploring a mineshaft can be quite dangerous but otherwise beneficial. Be sure one has the following:
- An iron or diamond Sword to fight any hostile mobs that spawn.
- An iron or diamond Pickaxe to mine the ores one may find.
- Some Buckets of Milk. (These can help cure Poison caused by Cave spiders.)
- Food to replenish hunger and to enable health regeneration.
- Easy to find blocks like Cobblestone or Dirt, so that one can make pillars or bridges if necessary.
- Shears to collect the String from the cobwebs.
- Armor to protect one from fall damage or hostile mobs.
- Torches to mark one`s path and to prevent mobs from spawning.
- If possible, bring Potions to help give one the upper hand in mob combat, preferably bring potions of strength, regeneration, or splash potions of instant health.
- Lapis Lazuli
- Redstone Dust
- Iron Ingot
- Gold Ingot
- Melon Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Iron Pickaxe
- Golden Apple
- Wood planks