Lily pads can be instantly mined with anything.
- Lily pads are destroyed when the water beneath them freezes and becomes ice.
- Lily pads are classified as a "treasure" when fishing.
- Lily pads can be harvested from swamps without needing a fishing rod.
- Lily pads are destroyed when water flows on them. This can be used to climb by alternating the placement of lily pads and water source blocks without leaving the placed lily pads.
- If a lily pad is placed on the water in a farm, the water will still irrigate the nearby tilled land.
- A boat can break lily pads.
- Lily pads can block a player directly under them from surfacing, potentially causing drowning under specific circumstances.
- If players sprint while placing lily pads down, it provides a very quick way to go across water.
The lily pad is a short, flat block found growing on water Water Transparency Partial (-2 to light) Luminance No Blast resistance 500 (Flowing) 500 (Still) Tool Renewable Yes Stackable N/A Flammable No Drops None Data values Flowing Water dec: 08 hex: 8 bin: 1000 Still Water dec: 09 hex: 9 bin: 1001 in swamplands A river bisecting a jungle biome. At the top right is a forest. A river running through a mesa biome with mesa plateaus, with a savanna biome in the bottom right. “ In case you .
- When lily pads are placed on water source blocks that do not take up the space of the entire block (when the water is flowing to the block next to it), the lily pad will appear floating above the water source block.
- In the Console Edition, if a swamp is next to a taiga at the edge of the world, lily pads in the swamp may spread to the taiga ocean, which could be frozen, causing it to generate on ice.
- If you sprint on lily pads, they will appear to give off water particles. This is because the game thinks you are technically on the water below the lily pad.
Lily pads can be found naturally on water Water Transparency Partial (-2 to light) Luminance No Blast resistance 500 (Flowing) 500 (Still) Tool Renewable Yes Stackable N/A Flammable No Drops None Data values Flowing Water dec: 08 hex: 8 bin: 1000 Still Water dec: 09 hex: 9 bin: 1001 in swampland biomes, underground lakes and inside woodland mansions Woodland mansion Biome Roofed Forest Consists of See Structure. Can generate post-generation N/A First appearances See history This article may need cleanup to comply with the style guide. Please help improve this if you can. .
Lily pads can be obtained as a "treasure" item while fishing Fishing is the process of obtaining fish using fishing rods. Contents 1 Catching fish 2 Junk and treasures 3 Fishing rod durability 4 History 5 Issues 6 Trivia Catching fish edit | edit source] A .
Lily pads can be used to make paths over water without having to build bridges or use full blocks Blocks may refer to: Block - cubes that make up the Minecraft world as a whole. Blocks music disc This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal link led you . Lily pads are broken and drop as an item when water flows on it. Mobs cannot spawn on lily pads.
Normal blocks can be placed on the bottom side of lily pads (from below). This breaks the lily pad (dropping it as entity) but leaves the block in place. Since lily pads can be placed anywhere on water, this is useful for starting construction mid-ocean without need to start from the bottom or shore, for example when starting construction of ocean monument draining system.
Lily pads can only be placed on top of water, ice Ice Transparency PC: Partial (-2 to light) PE: No Luminance No Blast resistance 2.5 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops None Data value dec: 79 hex: 4F bin: 1001111 Name ice See or frosted ice Frosted Ice Transparency Partial (-2 to light) Luminance No Blast resistance 2.5 Tool None Renewable PC/PE: N/A CE: Yes Stackable N/A Flammable No Drops None Data values PC: dec: 212 hex: D4 bin: 11010100 PE: dec: 207 hex: CF bin: 11001111 . Lily pads occupy the block above water and are not part of the water block itself.
Lily pads face a consistent direction which depends on their location and is not affected by the direction the player is facing. Replacing a lily pad will not change the direction.