|Starting version|| |
Minecraft Infdev (27th of Feb., 2010)
|Latest version|| |
Minecraft Infdev (27th of Jun., 2010)
|A version of Infdev from Jun. 18, 2010 is available to play in the launcher. |
Be that as it may, please note that this version contains bugs. You`ll need to proceed at your own risk.
Infdev (or Infinite Development) was the third phase in the development cycle Minecraft Author(s) Mojang AB (Credits) Markus "Notch" Persson (Creator) Jens "Jeb" Bergensten (Lead Developer) Jon "jonkagstrom" Kågström (AI Programmer) Nathan "Dinnerbone" Adams Erik "Grum" Broes Michael "Searge" Stoyke Thomas "ProfMobius" Guimbretière Agnes "LadyAgnes" Larsson Maria of Minecraft Minecraft Author(s) Mojang AB (Credits) Markus "Notch" Persson (Creator) Jens "Jeb" Bergensten (Lead Developer) Jon "jonkagstrom" Kågström (AI Programmer) Nathan "Dinnerbone" Adams Erik "Grum" Broes Michael "Searge" Stoyke Thomas "ProfMobius" Guimbretière Agnes "LadyAgnes" Larsson Maria and is only playable in single-player Survival A new Survival game of Minecraft. The health and hunger bars, as well as the hotbar, are visible. See the game mode. For other uses, see Survival (disambiguation). Survival mode is one mode.
Infdev succeeded Indev Indev Starting version 0.31 (Dec. 23, 2009) Latest version Minecraft Indev (Feb. 23, 2010) Paid Yes This page contains content that is no longer in the game. These featuresSpecial attraction only exist in outdated versions of when Notch This page has been protected from editing to prevent vandalism. Please discuss changes on the talk page. Markus Persson Real name Markus Alexej Persson Date of birth Jun. 1, 1979 (age 38) 1] Occupation Game developer decided to rewrite the game`s code to allow terrain to be "infinite" and procedurally generated rather than finite. This principle of how maps are generated is similar to how current Minecraft levels are. Ever since Infdev, maps generated terrain theoretically 8 times the size of the Earth. Infdev was also the first appearance of the Far Lands This page contains content that is no longer in the game. The X/Z Far Lands terrain generation and most bugs and glitches were fixed as of Beta 1.8. Please note, though, that certain entity bugs . The edge of the map limits the world to 64,000,000 blocks by 64,000,000 blocks, or 4.096 billion square km. For comparison, the Earth has a total surface area (including ocean) of 510 million square km.
In the first version of Infdev, there was an obsidian wall that was meant to guide the player on where to go, like a compass. If the player went one of the different ways, they would see a giant brick pyramid, however, that is no longer being used.
If you roam around Infdev`s files, you will find a hidden mode select called "The Skylands". This was basically like Indev`s Floating island map type.
- Infdev was given its name as a play on words from Indev (which stood for In Development); the "Inf" stands for Infinite.
- Infdev is silent since the Infdev resources are removed from minecraft.net/resources. But this does not happen to Indev and 0.31.
- Breaking a block when directly on top of it will not show the breaking animaton in Infdev.
- In early versions of Infdev, you start with 990 Wood Planks and 999 Glass Blocks. (This has long since been removed.)
- In the terrain.png (the file with all of the textures) remnants of the Cog This page contains content that is no longer in the game. These features only exist in outdated versions of Minecraft. See features removed from computer edition. For features removed from Pocket Edition, texture can be seen.
- In the same file, a strange and out of place texture can be seen below the sapling, it appears to be a jumble of red, orange, and white pixels. It was later replaced with a solid red square, with the words "fire tex" written in it.
- In the versions misc. folder, the textures for the Cog This page contains content that is no longer in the game. These features only exist in outdated versions of Minecraft. See features removed from computer edition. For features removed from Pocket Edition, can be seen under the names of; gear.png and gearmiddle.png
- For a complete list of changes, see Infdev version history This is not an official version history or changelog. For the official list, please visit the Minecraft website. For versions 1.11 and prior, please check the Mojang website. For versions prior to Beta 1.8, please
- Massive brick pyramids spawn very rarely in early versions of Infdev. These pyramids reached from near the top of the world down to the ground. The base of the pyramid does not replace normally generated terrain except for water and air. The tops of these pyramids were commonly cut off. Little information is known about this structure because it is so old, and rare.
- An extra world type is hidden in Infdev`s files called `The Skylands.` This dimension is unreachable in ordinary Infdev, but still exists. In the skylands, there are very common floating islands. It is always daytime.
- Infdev also includes the Far Lands. The Far Lands are not exclusive to Infdev, however Infdev is the first appearance of them. The giant distortion wall at 12,550,820 and past that most people thought of as The Far Lands was removed in Beta 1.8, however the term has been used since to describe the far areas of the map and their strange shaky physics, as well as the end of the map at plus or minus 32 million.
- Infinite map generation
- More craftable Crafting is the method by which many blocks, tools, and materials are made in Minecraft. In order to craft something, players must move items from their inventory to a crafting grid. A 2×2 crafting grid items See items as they are in the inventory. For the entity that items and blocks turn into when dropped, see Item (entity). For the items that mobs leave behind on death, see
- 3D clouds Clouds as they appear with Fancy graphics Clouds are graphical effects in the sky. They serve a solely aesthetic purpose. Contents 1 Appearance 2 Behavior 3 Video 4 History 5 Issues 6 Gallery 7 References
- Much more complex cave A dark cave with a Zombie. Caves (also known as tunnels or caverns) are commonly-found underground structures generated in the Overworld (and, to a lesser extent, the Nether). Contents 1 Generation 2 Structure 2.1 Hollow systems
- Dynamic fluid Flowing water and lava. Liquids are special types of blocks that can freely flow to form rivers, falls, and lakes. Contents 1 Properties 1.1 Overview 1.2 Mechanics 1.2.1 Depth 1.2.2 Spread 1.2.3 Flow direction 1.3 system.
- Signs Sign Type Non-Solid Block Physics No Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 5 Hardness 1 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (16) Flammable No, but catches fire from lava (Yes in Pocket Edition) First appearances See , ladders Ladder Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 2 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 65 hex: 41 bin: 1000001 Name ladder “ Sometimes the fans are right, too. Like ladders. I , and doors Door Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 15 (Wood) 25 (Iron) Tools Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable Iron: No Wooden: No, but catches fire from lava Drops Itself Data values See Data values Name
- Minecarts Minecart Type Vehicles Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable No Internal ID PC: 42 PE: 84 Network ID PC: 10 Entity ID minecart Drops Minecart (1) Health points 6 () First appearances See History Data value and their tracks
- Dungeons Dungeon Biome Any Consists of Cobblestone Moss Stone Monster Spawner Chest Can generate post-generation No First appearances See history Dungeons are naturally generated structures that appear in the Overworld. Contents 1 Generation 2 Structure 2.1
Alpha replacing Infdev
Because Infdev`s main purpose was to catch an infinite terrain version up to par with Indev`s content, that purpose was filled around Jun. 2010. Infdev was replaced by the name of Alpha Alpha Starting version Alpha 1.0.0 (Jun. 28, 2010) Latest version Alpha 1.2.6 (Dec. 3, 2010) Paid Yes Alpha versions 1.0.0 to 1.2.6 are available to play in the launcher. Be that as it may, please note that these versions as a sign of progression towards release. Infdev no longer gets updated, and its link has been removed from the Minecraft website.
Infdev, along with Indev Indev Starting version 0.31 (Dec. 23, 2009) Latest version Minecraft Indev (Feb. 23, 2010) Paid Yes This page contains content that is no longer in the game. These features only exist in outdated versions of , were still available on Minecraft.net up until Sep. 2010, and to play Infdev now, players must use the option for playing another version of the game in the new launcher.
- Infinite map generation.
- More craftable items.
- 3D clouds.
- Much more complex cave systems.
- Dynamic Fluid system.
- Signs, Ladders, and Doors.
- Minecarts and their tracks.
- Bucket added.
- Far Lands added.
Alpha replacing Infdev
Infdev`s main purpose was to catch an infinite terrain version up to par with Indev`s content, that purpose was filled around June 2010. Infdev was replaced by the name of Alpha as a sign of progression towards release. Infdev no longer gets updated, and its link has been removed from the Minecraft website.
Infdev, along with Indev, were available on the Minecraft website until September 2010, and to play Infdev now, one must use a 3rd Party Program to backdate their Minecraft jar.