Cave spiders inherit most of their behavior from regular spiders Spider Health points 16 () Attack strength Easy: 2 () Normal: 2 () Hard: 3 () Size Height: 0.9 Blocks Width: 1.4 Blocks Spawn Light level of 7 or less, 3×3×2 space on solid blocks :
- They are pacified (made neutral) by bright light Light (or lighting) in Minecraft affects visibility, mob spawning, and plant growth. Contents 1 Brightness 1.1 Spread 2 Sources of light 2.1 Blocks 2.2 Other 3 Light-filtering blocks 4 Effects of light 4.1 Mobs 4.2 (daylight or light levels of 9 or higher) but will continue attacking regardless of light change once hostile. Subjecting them to darkness will render them hostile.
- They can climb walls when needed.
- They attack by leaping at the player.
- They are unaffected by cobwebs Cobweb Transparency Partial (diffuses sky light) Luminance No Blast resistance 20 Tools Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops String (1) Data value dec: 30 hex: 1E bin: 11110 Name web Cobwebs are blocks that slow down or poison.
- Can fit through a space that is 1 block wide and half a block tall.
- Runs much faster than spidersPocketedition only.
- Poison damage does not work when the player has 1 health left.
- Can go through the spaces between Nether Brick and Normal Fences.
Unlike regular spiders, they do not spawn with status effects.
In Pocket Edition Pocket Edition Author(s) Mojang AB Jens Bergensten Aron Nieminen Daniel Kaplan Tommaso Checchi Shoghi Cervantes Jason Major Daniel Wustenhoff Tomas Alaeus Mikael "Slicedlime" Hedberg @@@#@@@Microsoft(microsoft.com)###@### Studios 1] Platform(s) Written in C++ 2] Latest version 1.1.2 , cave spiders can spawn spider jockeys Spider Jockey Health points Skeleton: 20 () Spider: 16 () Cave Spider: 12 () Attack strength Skeleton: Easy: 4 () Normal: 4 () Hard: 5 () Wither Skeleton: Easy: 4 () Normal: 7 () Hard: .
- The Cave Spider had two names before its cave name. One was Tree Spider and the other was Blue Spider.
- The Cave Spider can fit under half blocks (i.e. slabs). This makes the building of Cave Spider farms extremely hard.
- They can climb over fences, making Cave Spider farming even harder.
|Health points The health gauge and monitor in Minecraft is based on a single row of 10 heart icons. Each full heart contains two halves, one hit point each (full health is 20 hit points). Contents 1|
Height: 0.5 Blocks
|Spawn See the natural spawning of players and mobs. For mob spawners, see Monster Spawner. For the player, see The Player. This article needs updating. Description: Rabbits now spawn in deserts with new|| |
|First appearances|| |
|Common drops|| |
|Uncommon drops|| |
|Experience Experience First appearances See History Internal ID PC: 2 PE: 69 Network ID PC: none Entity ID xp_orb XP bar visible above hotbar. Experience (EXP or XP for short) can be obtained by gathering experience|| |
|Internal ID|| |
|Entity ID|| |
The cave spider is a neutral mob that can inflict poisoning.
- The cave spider`s texture appears to be at a higher-resolution than its normal counterpart - this is because the textures occupy a smaller space.
- Despite being smaller, they have the same size shadow as a normal spider.
- If cave spiders are allowed to spawn naturally via hacks, they will only spawn if the light level is 7 or below (like most other hostile mobs).
Cave spiders spawn from monster spawners Monster Spawner Type Solid Block Requirements None Physics No Transparency Partial (doesn t block light) Luminance No (Small amount of light for Pocket Edition) Blast resistance 25 Hardness 5 Tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable in abandoned mineshafts Abandoned mineshaft Biome Any Consists of Wooden Planks Fence Rail Torch Cobweb Dirt Monster Spawner Minecart with Chest Can generate post-generation No First appearances See history "Mine" redirects here. For information about mining, see Mining. .
They drop 0⃢₀ₓ2 string String Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 0 Tool Any tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops String (1) Data values Block dec: 132 hex: 84 bin: 10000100 Item dec: 287 hex: 11F bin: 100011111 Name Block tripwire Item . They also have a 1⃢₁₄3 chance to drop a spider eye Spider Eye Type Food Restores Poison (0:04) Cookable No Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) First appearances See History Data value dec: 375 hex: 177 bin: 101110111 Name spider_eye A spider eye is a poisonous food and brewing item. if killed by a player The Player Health points 20 () Armor points Varies Attack strength Fist: 1 () Items: Varies Size Height: 1.8 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks While sneaking: Height: 1.65 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks While gliding: Height: 0.6 . They drop 5 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
When attacked by a cave spider on normal or hard difficulty Mobs in full armor are a common sight in higher difficulty levels. Difficulty is an option in Minecraft that has a direct impact on the ease of gameplay. Contents 1 World setting 1.1 Peaceful 1.2 , the bitten entity is inflicted with
Poison I for 7 seconds on normal difficulty and 15 seconds on hard.
- See also: Chunk format Chunks store the terrain and entities within a 16×256×16 area. They also store precomputed lighting, heightmap data for Minecraft s performance, and other meta information. Contents 1 NBT structure 2 Block format 3 Entity format 3.1
Cave spiders have entity data associated with them that contain various properties of the mob. Their entity ID is
cave_spider in the computer edition, and
cavespider in Pocket Edition.
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- Tags common to all mobs see Template:Nbt inherit/mob/template
Issues relating to ⃢₀ₜCave Spider⃢₀ are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
A Cave spider and its spawner.
A special attack that the cave spider possesses is the ability to poison players. Although the poison does not affect the player`s armor, it also won`t kill the player. Instead, it will reduce the players health to half a heart. The poison, curable with milk, occurs on every attack except in easy.
Depending on the game-mode and state of the player, several strategies can be used to handle aggressive Cave Spiders. The simplest and least-costly way is to use water to destroy cobwebs and push the spiders away from the exit of the spawner`s location. Another simple option includes setting the cobwebs on fire or using lava (lava being the most dangerous). As cave spiders are found in abandoned mineshafts, the player can easily go to an above layer and destroy the spawner without being harmed. Placing Torches near the spawner to make the Cave Spiders spawn further away will assist in destroying it.
In Easy Mode, Cave Spiders are best handled with melee attacks as they are the weakest hostile mob healthwise, and they deal little damage with no poisoning. In medium and higher, ranged is optional, but is not suggested during a swarm of cave spiders. Swarms are best handled without direct interaction (most basically with fire). Destroying the spawner or deactivating it is the most important task. It is suggested to be dealt with first if a player has resources capable of protecting them from the poison or swarming spiders. Ranged combat is the most dangerous as it can only focus on a single target and Cave Spiders often come in groups. It is especially not advised in multiplayer due to a mineshaft`s restrictive passages.