Once the cake is placed, it cannot be recollected even with the use of Silk Touch "Flame" redirects here. For the non-solid damage-dealing block, see Fire. “ How does enchanting work in Minecraft? Well, you open a magical book and pick a random spell, not quite sure knowing what it will .
- ⃢₆ₑ Times are for unenchanted tools in seconds.
- The cake is featured in all platforms of Minecraft.
- On the console versions, there is the Candy texture pack that allows different types of cake.
- Cake can be used as a form of decoration (i.e. flooring).
- Cake makes the same sound as Wool being placed.
- Cake is the only food that can be eaten when placed.
- Cake cannot be retrieved by Shears or a Silk Touch enchantment once it has been placed. This may be a reference to Portal and its famous phrase "The cake is a lie".
- The player can eat each slice almost instantly, and it recovers about 1 or 2 hunger bars.
- The block with the ID 92 resembles a cake that has been placed.
- The cake is the 3rd best food to the Golden Apple and Enchanted Golden Apple
- Cakes are not stackable on the PC edition, but they are on Console and Pocket Edition.
- Cakes will replenish a total of 12 hunger points when all of the slices are eaten.
- In early versions, when the player crafted a cake, the three buckets were also used up which made it very expensive to make.
- If you destroy the block beneath a cake, the cake will disappear.
|Ingredients||Crafting Crafting is the method by which many blocks, tools, and materials are made in Minecraft. In order to craft something, players must move items from their inventory to a crafting grid. A 2×2 crafting grid recipe||Description|
|After crafting the cake, the milk will become buckets and will remain in the crafting grid.|
Farmer villagers sell All villager trades, separated by profession. The trading system is a gameplay mechanic that allows players to trade emeralds for items (and vice-versa) with villagers. Contents 1 Functionality 1.1 Brown Robed Villager 1.2 White Robed 1 cake for 1 emerald Emerald Type Raw materials Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) First appearances See History Data value dec: 388 hex: 184 bin: 110000100 Name emerald See the gem. For the ore, see Emerald Ore. For as a fourth tier trade.
- See also: Hunger Management Hunger is a featureSpecial attraction in Minecraft that requires the player to eat in order to survive. Hunger is not used in Creative and Spectator mode, or on Peaceful difficulty, and it s generally impossible to eat
Unlike most foods Foods (or Foodstuffs as considered by the Creative inventory) are consumable items that when eaten restore hunger points and sometimes cause status effects. They are essential to the player s survival, as going without them will , cake cannot be eaten as an item in the hotbar. Before being eaten, it must first be placed on top of a block.
To eat from a placed cake, click on the cake with use button. Each cake has seven "slices", and each use will consume one slice. A single slice restores 2 () hunger and 0.4 hunger saturation See the gameplay mechanic. For the status effect, see Status effect#Hunger. The Food Bar is seen on the right, opposite the Health Bar. Hunger is an aspect of Minecraft that governs several . Eating all seven slices of a cake restores 14 () hunger and 2.8 hunger saturation.
Since eating a cake comes with no animation, cake can be eaten at a rate of one slice per tick Nearly all video games (including Minecraft) are driven by one big program loop. Just as every gear in a clock is synchronized with the pendulum, every task involved in advancing a game simulation is synchronized . Multiple players The Player Health points 20 () Armor points Varies Attack strength Fist: 1 () Items: Varies Size Height: 1.8 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks While sneaking: Height: 1.65 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks While gliding: Height: 0.6 can eat from the same cake at the same time. Unlike the other foods, eating cake makes no sound.
As a redstone Redstone Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 0 Tool Any tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Availability Survival Drops Redstone (1) Data values See Data values Name See Data values This article is component, when connected to a comparator Redstone Comparator Transparency Yes Luminance No (7 when powered, in Pocket Edition) Blast resistance 0 Tool Any tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Redstone Comparator (1) Data values See Data values Name , a whole cake emits a signal strength of 14. The signal strength decreases two units with each slice.
|Cake||ID Name||Numerical ID|
- See also: Data values See values from the latest PC version of Minecraft. For values from Classic, see Data values/Classic. For values from Indev, see Data values/Indev. For values from the Pocket Edition, see Pocket Edition
|0x0||0 pieces eaten|
|0x1||1 piece eaten|
|0x2||2 pieces eaten|
|0x3||3 pieces eaten|
|0x4||4 pieces eaten|
|0x5||5 pieces eaten|
|0x6||6 pieces eaten|
- See also: Block states
|Name See the definition of the block states. For the files that determine block models, see Models#Block states. Block states are extra pieces of data that further define a block. Contents 1 List||Value||Description|
| ||Number of bites taken from the cake.|
|Icon||Achievement Pocket Edition & Console Edition only The popup that appears when an achievement is earned. "The End?" and "The End." redirect here. For the dimension, see The End. Certain names of achievements redirect here. For||In-game description||Actual requirements (if different)||Availability||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
|The Lie||Bake cake using wheat, sugar, milk, and eggs!||Pick up a cake from a crafting table output.||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||40G||Silver|
|Nov. 23, 2010||Notch stated if Minecraft won the 2010 Indie of the Year Awards, he would add cake to Minecraft.|
|1.2||When he earned the title it was added, healing 18 ().|
|1.5||Achievements were added, including ⃢₀ₜThe Lie".|
|1.8||Cake now restores 12 ().|
|1.2.1||When crafted, the empty buckets are now moved to the player`s inventory, rather than staying in the crafting grid.|
|1.7.2||13w37a||Block ID 92 (cake) was removed from the |
|1.8||14w02a||Farmer villagers now sell 1 cake for 1 emerald Emerald Type Raw materials Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) First appearances See History Data value dec: 388 hex: 184 bin: 110000100 Name emerald See the gem. For the ore, see Emerald Ore. For .|
|14w28a||Cake slices increased from 6 to 7.|
|Now emits comparator signal.|
|Empty Buckets now stay in the crafting table.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.7.0||Added cake. It restores 18 ().|
|0.12.1||build 1||Cake now restores 12 ().|
|Console Edition Console Edition Author(s) Mojang AB 4J Studios Platform(s) Written in C++ Latest version Xbox 360 - TU53 Xbox One - CU43 PS3 - 1.51 PS4 - 1.50 PSVita - 1.51 Wii U - Patch 23|
|TU1||CU1||1.0||Patch 1||Added cake.|
|TU6||Made cake stackable as a version exclusive.|
Issues relating to ⃢₀ₜCake⃢₀ are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.
- Since cake is only 7/8 blocks wide, it is possible to stand on the edge of a block beneath a cake.
- Cake will destroy falling blocks if placed under them, similar to a torch.
- It is possible to place cake on top of cake by placing a cake on the ground, then placing another cake on the side of a block above and to the side of the first cake, similar to placing torches on a chest. Eating the lower cake completely will cause the upper cake to disappear, same as mining out the block of cake it is sitting on.
- It is also possible to place cakes (or any other block) on top of cakes by sneaking and placing a cake on top of another cake
- Mobs on top will rotate while attempting to move, a path finding oversight shared with fences.
- If cake is placed in a one deep hole you can get across the hole without jumping but if you are standing on the cake you will have to jump to get out of the hole unlike a slab.
- Cake can be used to create a functioning staircase, by placing a cake on each level of a 1 block by 1 block incline. This would be one of the most labor intensive staircases available, given the requirements to craft a cake, compared to all other possible methods for creating a staircase.
- Cake was added to Minecraft following the ModDB 2010 Indie of the Year Awards. Notch agreed to add cake to Minecraft if it won, which led to a campaign called "The Quest For Cake". Minecraft won 3 of the 7 awards, including the "Indie of the Year" award.
- Placing a cake makes the same sound as placing wool.
- You can place cake on top of a bed, and while sleeping, the cake shows on your screen as if it were on top of your head.
- The name of the achievement is a reference to the internet meme "The Cake is a Lie", which originated from Valve`s game, Portal.
Cake stands 1/4 lower than a regular block. It has white icing and a red cherry-like topping. It is quite easy to craft for experienced players. It restores 1 hunger bar per use and has a total amount of 6 uses. Cake does not drop when broken. It can only be eaten by clicking on it whilst it is placed. As of Minecraft 1.8, if you place a Redstone Comparator next to cake, you can get up to Redstone PL 14, 2 for each slice. This is used on 1.8 maps and minigames, and trolling on multiplayer with TNT.
Cake is made with an Egg, three Buckets of milk, two Sugar, and three Wheat. If the player eats a cake once, it will appear to be cut into thirds or sixths. Crafting a cake will award you with the achievement "The Lie" (it`s usually required to earn the achievement "Time to Farm" first.), which is a reference to the game Portal. Various maps have the phrases "Your cake is waiting" and "The cake is a lie".