Beta 1.0 was the first version with a working server-side inventory. It also included other changes and fixes.
- Added capes This article may need cleanup to comply with the style guide. Please help improve this if you can. The talk page may contain suggestions. Capes (previously known as cloaks) are extremely rare vanity items and for Mojang employees.
- Added the deadmau5 skin (only in use on deadmau5`s server)
- Working server-side inventory.
- Tooltips in inventory - When you mouse over an item, its name appears.
- New constant splash See the message on the menu screen. For the potion, see Splash Potion. The main menu of Minecraft with random splash text. Splash texts are the yellow lines of text on the text on the main menu: "Finally Beta!"
- Made SMP servers save chunks way less often in most cases. Chunks don⃢₀ₙt resave if they got saved in the last 30 seconds.
- Moving too far away from a chest, or having it blow up, closes the inventory screen.
- You can now throw eggs.
- Throwing an egg has a chance of spawning a chicken.
- You can`t store things in the inventory crafting fields anymore.
- Introduced leaf decay again. It acts differently from before.
- Player`s goatee is removed
3 bugs fixed
- Many issues fixed as a result of a working server-side inventory
- Tools thrown on the ground don`t repair themselves anymore.