Alpha 1.2.4 was the third part of the bug fix update.
- Added snowballs
- Added proper hurt animations and sounds to mobs and players.
- The SMP join server screen now remembers the latest entered IP.
- Creepers now animate before exploding
- Explosions animate properly.
- Increased chunk saving frequency on the server.
- You can now see sneaking players. Names of sneaking players aren⃢₀ₙt visible through walls, and are visible a much shorter distance.
- Buttons Button Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 2.5 Tool Any tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data values See Data values Name See Data values A button is a non-solid block , levers Lever Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 2.5 Tool Any tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 69 hex: 45 bin: 1000101 Name lever A lever is a non-solid block that can , and pressure plates Pressure Plate Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 2.5 Tools Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable Wooden: No, but catches fire from lava Others: No Drops Itself Data values See Data values Name See Data animate properly when activated
8 bugs fixed
- Leaving sneak mode no longer rapidly plays all the step sounds that it silenced during the sneak.
- Swords and other weapons now deal damage properly.
- Fixed dead players logging in as invisible ghosts
- Made arrows visible and deal damage.
- No more infinite free arrows.
- Hoes now produce proper seeds Seeds Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 0 Tool None Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Seeds (1) when not mature Seeds (0–3) when fully grown Wheat (1) when fully grown Data values .
- Server logging now appends to server.log rather than overwriting it.
- Fixed minecarts and pigs moving twice as fast as they should when ridden.
0.2.6_01 was released for servers later on Nov. 30, 2010, to fix a bug where players no longer received snowballs when entering a server.