15w46a is the fortieth snapshot released for 1.9.
- Banners Banner Type Non-Solid Block Physics No Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 5 Hardness 1 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (16) Flammable No, but catches fire from lava First appearances See history Drops Itself Block and signs Sign Type Non-Solid Block Physics No Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 5 Hardness 1 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (16) Flammable No, but catches fire from lava (Yes in Pocket Edition) First appearances See
- Now replace replaceable blocks such as grass Grass Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 0 Tool Renewable Grass, Fern, Double variants: Yes Shrub: No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable Yes Drops Seeds (0–1) Data values Grass, Fern or Shrub dec: 31 hex: 1F bin: 11111 Double , instead of trying (and failing) to be placed on them.
- Experience Experience First appearances See History Internal ID PC: 2 PE: 69 Network ID PC: none Entity ID xp_orb XP bar visible above hotbar. Experience (EXP or XP for short) can be obtained by gathering experience
- Now is collected at the middle rather than at the head
- This means that if a large amount of experience is collected, it will no longer block the player`s view.
- Blocks no longer drop XP when the
doTileDropsgamerule is false.
- Farmland Farmland Transparency PC: Partial (Blocks light) PE: Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 3 Tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Dirt (1) Data value dec: 60 hex: 3C bin: 111100 Name farmland “ Want to live
- Mobs smaller than 0.512 cubic blocks can no longer turn farmland to dirt by jumping or falling on it.
- This includes rabbits, chickens Chicken Health points 4 () Size Adult: Height: 0.7 Blocks Width: 0.4 Blocks Baby: Height: 0.35 Blocks Width: 0.2 Blocks Spawn Solid surfaced blocks with a minimum of two block spaces above them A 1/8 , bats Bat Health points 6 () Size Height: 0.9 Blocks Width: 0.5 Blocks Spawn Below layer 63 Light level of 3 or less in neighboring blocks Oct. 20 – Nov. 3: light level of 6 or , ocelots Ocelot Health points 10 () Attack strength Chickens Only: 2 () Size Adult: Height: 0.7 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks Baby: Height: 0.35 Blocks Width: 0.3 Blocks Spawn Ocelot: In Jungle Biomes, on Grass or leaf , wolves Wolf Health points Wild: 8 () Tamed: 20 () Attack strength Wild: Easy: 3 () Normal: 4 () Hard: 6 () Tamed: 4 () Size Adult: Height: 0.85 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks Baby: Height: 0.425 , cave spiders Cave Spider Health points 12 () Attack strength Easy: 2 () Normal: 2 () Hard: 3 () Venom: 1 () per 1.25 sec Hard: for 15 sec () Normal: for 7 sec () Size Height: , endermites Endermite Health points 8 () Attack strength Easy: 2 () Normal: 2 () Hard: 3 () Size Height: 0.3 Blocks Width: 0.4 Blocks Spawn Occasionally when an ender pearl lands First appearances See history Drops , silverfish Silverfish Health points 8 () Attack strength 1 () Size Height: 0.3 Blocks Width: 0.4 Blocks Spawn After mining monster eggs or from spawners in strongholds. First appearances See History Drops None Experience 5 Sounds , small slimes Slime Health points Big: 16 () Small: 4 () Tiny: 1 () Attack strength Big: 4 () Small: 2 () Tiny: 0 () Size Big: Height: 2.04 Blocks Width: 2.04 Blocks Small: Height: 1.02 Blocks , small magma cubes Magma Cube Health points Big: 16 () Small: 4 () Tiny: 1 () Armor points Big: 12 () Small: 6 () Tiny: 3 () Attack strength Big: 6 () Small: 4 () Tiny: 3 () Size Big: Height: , and all current baby mobs.
- Filled buckets Bucket Type Tools Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (16) First appearances See History Data values PC: dec: 325 hex: 145 bin: 101000101 PE: dec: 3250 hex: 1450 bin: 1010001010 Name bucket See the item. For the server
- Now replace single snow layers when used on the top, instead of placing the water or lava in the air above the snow layer.
- Iron bars Iron Bars Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 30 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 101 hex: 65 bin: 1100101 Name iron_bars See the decorative block. For the
- Their sides now include an edge texture.
- Iron golems Iron Golem Health points 100 ( × 50) Attack strength 7 () to 21 ( × 10.5) To players: Easy: 4 () to 11 () Normal: 7 () to 21 ( × 10.5) Hard: 10
- Iron golems spawned in 15w46a and later have 100% knockback resistance.
- Mob spawning See the natural spawning of players and mobs. For mob spawners, see Monster Spawner. For the player, see The Player. This article needs updating. Description: Rabbits now spawn in deserts with new
- Mobs can no longer spawn inside blocks that block movement but are transparent, such as leaves Leaves Transparency Partial (diffuses sky light) Luminance No Blast resistance 1 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable Yes Drops Sapling (0–1) @@@#@@@Apple(apple.com)###@### (0–1) (from oak and dark oak leaves) Data values Oak/Spruce/Birch/Jungle dec: 18 hex: 12 .
- Mobs can no longer spawn in blocks containing rails Rail Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 3.5 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 66 hex: 42 bin: 1000010 Name rail See the standard rail. For other uses, , powered rails, detector rails Detector Rail Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 3.5 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 28 hex: 1C bin: 11100 Name detector_rail A detector rail is a block that can transport , or activator rails Activator Rail Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 3.5 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data values See Data values Name activator_rail An activator rail is a type of rail that .
- Mobs can no longer spawn in blocks containing buttons, tripwire hooks, pressure plates, levers, redstone torches, redstone repeaters, comparators, or redstone dust.
- Ocean monuments Ocean monument Biome Deep Ocean Consists of Prismarine Prismarine Bricks Dark Prismarine Sea Lantern Block of Gold Wet Sponge Elder Guardian Can generate post-generation Yes, in chunks inhabited less than 3 minutes “ Dive into
- Now require a 16 block square radius of deep ocean, not just a single deep ocean block at the center.
- Rabbits Rabbit Health points 3 () Armor points Killer Bunny only: 8 () Attack strength Killer Bunny only: Easy: 5 () Normal: 8 () Hard: 12 () Size Adult: Height: 0.5 Blocks Width: 0.4 Blocks Baby: Height:
- Smaller than before.
- Chance to drop a rabbit`s foot is now 10% + 3 percentage points per level of Looting (was 2.5% + 1 percentage point per Looting).
- Now only spawn in deserts, flower forests, taiga, mega taiga, cold taiga, ice plains, ice mountains, ice plains spikes, and "hills" and "M" variants of these biomes. Even in these biomes, spawn chance is somewhat reduced (weight 4 out of 44⃢₀ₓ52 rather than 10 out of 50⃢₀ₓ58).
- Rabbits are faster when panicking.
- Rabbits no longer prefer begging for food to mating.
- Non-killer rabbits now avoid players within 8 blocks and most hostile mobs within 4 blocks (except slimes, magma cubes, and ghasts), and move faster when doing so. Also, avoidance range for wolves was reduced from 16 to 10 blocks.
- Health reduced from 10 () to 3 ().
- Naturally-spawned rabbit`s skin depends on the biome. When breeding rabbits, there is a 5% chance the baby will match the biome rather than either parent.
- In a snowy biome, 80% white and 20% black & white.
- In a desert or desert hills, 100% gold.
- Else, 50% brown, 40% salt & pepper, 10% black.
- MoreCarrotTicks no longer has any effect.
- When destroying crops, MoreCarrotTicks is set to 40 rather than 100.
- Rabbits eating carrot crops now reduces the growth stage by 1 level, only removing the crop block entirely if the growth stage was 0.
- Powered rails Powered Rail Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 3.5 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 27 hex: 1B bin: 11011 Name golden_rail A powered rail is a type of rail that and activator rails Activator Rail Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 3.5 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data values See Data values Name activator_rail An activator rail is a type of rail that now transmit power to each other.
- Redstone Redstone Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 0 Tool Any tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Availability Survival Drops Redstone (1) Data values See Data values Name See Data values This article is
- Hitbox for redstone is now smaller based on the connections, similarly to fences Fence Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 15 (Wood) 30 (Nether Brick) Tools Renewable Wood: Yes Nether Brick: No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable Wood: Yes Nether Brick: No Drops Itself Data values See Data values
- Redstone Blocks Block of Redstone Transparency Partial (blocks light, mob spawning possible) Luminance No Blast resistance 30 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 152 hex: 98 bin: 10011000 Name redstone_block This article is
- Now emit power through adjacent blocks.
- Snow Golems Snow Golem Health points 4 () Attack strength 0 () (only pushes mobs back) 3 () to Blaze Size Height: 1.9 Blocks Width: 0.7 Blocks Spawn Where created by the player First appearances See History
- No longer leave a trail of snow if the game rule Contents 1 Usage 1.1 Tilde notation 1.2 Target selectors 1.2.1 Target selector variables 1.2.2 Target selector arguments 1.3 Data tags 1.4 Raw JSON text 1.5 Block/item names 2 Summary of commands 3 List of commands
- Collar when tamed is now red, as it had been in releases before 1.8, rather than orange.
- 47 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.9
- MC-128 – 3rd person view reverts to 1st person view if head inside a block (corner a one block wide tunnel in a minecart, ride on a horse through a block, piston...)
- MC-415 – Leaves replace transparent blocks
- MC-1701 – Flying through a Portal in Creative turns off “fly mode” on the other side
- MC-1752 – Breaking Doors moves the other part of the door sometimes
- MC-1846 – First-person perspective parallax problem
- MC-2631 –
/defaultgamemodenot changing tag on world selection screen
- MC-3480 – superflat generating air
- MC-3634 – Blocks incorrectly able to be placed on end portal frame / end portal frames are solid
- MC-3776 – IPv6 Does Not Work
- MC-3867 – Mob inside mob spawner “stutters” if no player is in spawn range or spawner is outside worldborder
- MC-4839 – Sprinting Stops After Certain Distance/Time
- MC-5951 – Comparator side input does not recognize all types of redstone power sources
- MC-7849 – No step sound when walking on Anvils
- MC-8565 – Underwater: TNT dispensed into a block above a dispenser visually appears above the block
- MC-11149 – Redstone hitbox not allowing block below to be hit
- MC-11519 – Epilepsy trigger from collecting a lot of EXP
- MC-11790 – Since the advent of 1.5, we can no longer put a water seal on the snow, water is placed in the block above the snow
- MC-11996 – Mining an anvil plays no sound!
- MC-13818 – Unable to see Horse Health in Creative
- MC-19243 – Breath icon misplaced with Absorption
- MC-29362 –
WitherBosshealth bar showing from spawners
- MC-35665 – Glass panes don’t join up correctly with ice blocks
- MC-38422 – Blocks drop XP with
doTileDropsset to false
- MC-49370 –
mobGriefingfalse snowman snow placing
- MC-54109 – Wolfs collar is orange instead of red
- MC-57569 – Wither Moves During Shield Generation / Wither attacking before initial explosion
- MC-62041 – Untamed horses continue consuming food after reaching 100% tameability (0 temper) / Tamed horses continue consuming golden food after already in love mode
- MC-62118 – Iron bars model issues
- MC-64139 – Cannot place banner or sign on snow layer level 1
- MC-64492 – Changes to mob spawning algorithm (Mobs don`t require `Air`-block for spawning cycle)
- MC-65214 – Guardians are spawned in random places
- MC-68443 – Distant Mobs Don`t Despawn When Changing to Peaceful
- MC-72834 – Horse suffocates when tries to jump on block with 2-high roof
- MC-78635 – Stopping a server after save-off causes unexpected data loss
- MC-80807 – NBT data for
- MC-91299 – Rabbit legs twitching
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-45842 – Reads from java are slow due to many system calls?
- MC-52254 –
/spreadplayerssometimes teleports players underground, sometimes suffocates them
- From the 1.9 development versions
- MC-84306 – Glowing aura doesn’t work if team color is set to reset
- MC-86983 – Cobblestone walls flicker when being moved with slime blocks
- MC-87920 – Enderman looks backwards in
- MC-88875 – Donkey and Mule have swapped textures
- MC-91025 – RedStone fix - Color Changing beacon
- MC-92148 – Crash when selecting `Teleport to team member` in Spectator Mode
- From the previous development version
- MC-92137 – Stairs’ UV Mapping is upside-down
- MC-92144 – Hopper:
java.lang.ClassCastException: ahw cannot be cast to ahn
- MC-92167 – “Realms Notifications” option in options menu