15w44a is the thirty-seventh snapshot released for 1.9.
- End Crystal End Crystal Type Decorations Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Internal ID PC: 200 PE: 71 Network ID PC: 51 Entity ID ender_crystal Drops None First appearances See History Data value dec: 426 hex: 1AA bin: 110101010
- Drops from skeleton Horse Health points 15 () to 30 ( × 15) Armor points See horse armor Size Adult: Height: 1.6 Blocks Width: 1.3965 Blocks Baby: Height: 0.8 Blocks Width: 0.6982 Blocks Spawn Plains and savanna First and zombie horses Horse Health points 15 () to 30 ( × 15) Armor points See horse armor Size Adult: Height: 1.6 Blocks Width: 1.3965 Blocks Baby: Height: 0.8 Blocks Width: 0.6982 Blocks Spawn Plains and savanna First when killed by the player.
- Can only be placed on obsidian Obsidian Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 6,000 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 49 hex: 31 bin: 110001 Name obsidian “ Strong almost beyond compare and able to stand huge and bedrock Bedrock Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 18,000,000 Tool None Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops None Data value dec: 07 hex: 7 bin: 111 Name bedrock Bedrock is a block, indestructible by survival means. Contents blocks.
- Has no bottom plate like "normal" End Crystals.
- Used on the exit portal in the End See the dimension. For the achievement, see Achievements#The End.. For the advancement, see Advancements#The End. A view of the central End island. The ender dragon can be seen flying around obsidian pillars, to respawn the dragon.
- The End Crystal can`t be destroyed by explosions (except Wither).
- NBT tags
- Ender crystal
ShowBottom(boolean) Whether to show the crystal "base", within the block the crystal is on top of.
- Loot tables Loot tables are technical JSON tables that represent what items should be in naturally generated containers, what items should drop when killing a mob, or what items can be fished. Contents 1 Usage 2 Tags
- New "enchant_randomly" and "set_attributes" functions.
- Chests in mineshafts, desert pyramids, simple dungeons and bonus chests pull loot from multiple pools, and their items were heavily rebalanced. Pools of valuable items generally precede pools of less valuable items.
- Saddle and iron horse armor were removed from mineshaft Abandoned mineshaft Biome Any Consists of Wooden Planks Fence Rail Torch Cobweb Dirt Monster Spawner Minecart with Chest Can generate post-generation No First appearances See history "Mine" redirects here. For information about mining, see Mining. chests; name tag, enchanted and normal golden apple, torch and powered, detector and activator rails were added.
- Spider eyes, gunpowder, string, sand and golden apple were added to desert temple Desert Temple Biome Desert Consists of See Blocks Can generate post-generation No First appearances See History Desert temples are generated structures. Contents 1 Generation 2 Structure 2.1 Loot 2.2 Blocks 3 Video 4 History 5 chests.
- Salmon was added to bonus chests Chest Type Block Entity Physics No Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 12.5 Hardness 2.5 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No, but catches fire from lava First appearances See History Drops Chest (1) . This chest now always contains one axe, one pickaxe, some food and some wood items. Sticks and planks were made more plentiful.
- Bone, rotten flesh, gold ingots, coal, enchanted golden apples, melon, pumpkin and beetroot seeds were added to simple dungeon Dungeon Biome Any Consists of Cobblestone Moss Stone Monster Spawner Chest Can generate post-generation No First appearances See history Dungeons are naturally generated structures that appear in the Overworld. Contents 1 Generation 2 Structure 2.1 chests.
- Golden @@@#@@@Apple(apple.com)###@### Golden AppleTechnology company Type Food Restores Golden AppleTechnology company 4 () Absorption (2:00) Regeneration II (0:05) Enchanted Golden Apple 4 () Absorption IV (2:00) Regeneration II (0:20) Fire Resistance (5:00) Resistance (5:00) Cookable No Renewable Golden Apple
- Normal golden apples now provide Regeneration II (was Regeneration I since 15w37a 15w37a Type Snapshot Release date Sep. 10, 2015 Snapshot for 1.9 Download Client (.json) Server ◄◄ 1.8.9 ◄ 15w36d 15w38a ► 1.9.1 ►► See the computer edition. For other editions, see Version ).
- Enchanted golden apples can no longer be crafted.
- The achievement "overpowered" can no longer be obtained. Dinnerbone states the achievement will be changed to "obtain" instead of "craft" to fix this.
- Cauldrons Cauldron Type Solid Block Requirements ? Physics No Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 10 Hardness 2 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No First appearances See History Drops Cauldron (1) Block entity id
- A bucket Bucket Type Tools Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (16) First appearances See History Data values PC: dec: 325 hex: 145 bin: 101000101 PE: dec: 3250 hex: 1450 bin: 1010001010 Name bucket See the item. For the server can now be filled from a full cauldron.
- Large oak trees Tree Biome Anywhere in the Overworld where light and dirt are present. Consists of Wood Leaves Vines (large jungle, dying and some fallen trees) Mushroom (some fallen trees) Cocoa (some jungle trees) Can generate post-generation
- Now spawn in forest biomes again.
- Hunger See the gameplay mechanic. For the status effect, see Status effect#Hunger. The Food Bar is seen on the right, opposite the Health Bar. Hunger is an aspect of Minecraft that governs several
- The new saturation -> food mechanic only applies when the player is not hungry.
- Ender Dragon Ender Dragon Health points 200 ( × 100) Attack strength Peaceful: 0 () Easy: 6 () Normal: 10 () Hard: 15 () Breath attack: 6 () after a half-second Exploding fireball attack: 12 () after
- Changed the mechanic for respawning the Ender Dragon.
- To respawn the dragon, one End Crystal End Crystal Type Decorations Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Internal ID PC: 200 PE: 71 Network ID PC: 51 Entity ID ender_crystal Drops None First appearances See History Data value dec: 426 hex: 1AA bin: 110101010 must be placed on each side of the exit portal at any one of the three blocks of that side.
- While respawning, beams shoot out of these crystals, that will reset all the pillars, exit portal and end stone End Stone Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 45 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No Drops Itself Data value dec: 121 hex: 79 bin: 1111001 Name end_stone “ Journey to the End and you’ll find a under the exit portal. When done they blow up and spawn the dragon.
- Enchantments "Flame" redirects here. For the non-solid damage-dealing block, see Fire. “ How does enchanting work in Minecraft? Well, you open a magical book and pick a random spell, not quite sure knowing what it will
- Mending "Flame" redirects here. For the non-solid damage-dealing block, see Fire. “ How does enchanting work in Minecraft? Well, you open a magical book and pick a random spell, not quite sure knowing what it will enchantment level requirement The minimum values are all calculated using a linear function y = kx+m where y is the calculated minimum value, x is the current enchantment power level and k and m varies between different enchantments. lowered from 40–90 to 25–75.
- Igloos Igloo Biome Ice Plains, Cold Taiga Consists of Snow White Carpet Light Gray Carpet Ice (Packed Ice in Pocket Edition.) Redstone Torch Furnace Bed (Brown Bed, Light Blue Bed or White Bed) in Pocket Edition.
- The red carpet at the corner of the igloo basement hides a block of polished andesite Andesite Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 30 Tool Renewable No Stackable Yes, 64 Flammable No Drops Itself Data values Andesite dec: 15 hex: 15 bin: 15 Polished Andesite dec: 16 hex: 16 bin: 16 Name stone Andesite is a type .
- The sign has changed back to arrows though different arrows than they were initially.
- The “buff bar” at the top of the screen now properly respects hidden & ambient effects.
- 26 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.9
- MC-2034 – Brewing stands` input slots do not have normal stacking behavior.
- MC-2729 – Normal glass block is darker than the glass panel / glass panel brighter than glass block.
- MC-3706 – Items `walking` randomly / Paintings and item frames fly when broken.
- MC-29844 – Big Oak Trees fail to generate in Forest Biomes.
- MC-45375 – Improper Cake Texture.
- MC-50344 – Incorrect Texture Mapping on Some Blocks.
- MC-58192 – Brewing stand bottle model rendering incorrect.
- MC-66485 – Bad Texture Projection in East and West Directions (Severe Model Bug).
- MC-72562 – Invisible rain by the world end.
- MC-81067 – Entities and particles turning black at eye level Y=256.
- MC-82009 – World end lighting
- From the 1.5 development versions
- MC-9496 – Bucket can`t fill up from right-clicking a full cauldron
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-58634 – Command block previous output doesn`t update properly after setblock.
- From the 1.9 development versions
- MC-84069 – Beacon effects constantly blinking even while in range of the beacon.
- MC-84735 – Z-Fighting at top of Cobblestone Wall.
- MC-86838 – Status effect HUD background is asymmetrical, border is cut off on one side.
- MC-87566 – Delayed "SuccessCount:1" CommandBlock Update.
- MC-87849 –
FallingSandcommand block gimmick removed between SSs w35b/w35c
- MC-89249 – The platform of "The Void" worlds sometimes generates not fully
- MC-89647 – Pick block on items outside the hotbar visually replaces armor/crafting slot with duplicate of the stack that was picked.
- MC-90478 – Summoned
ItemFrames, Paintings and
LeashKnotshave the wrong position.
- MC-91093 – Music disk description names missing -
- MC-91221 – unintended changes in mob drops with loot tables.
- From the previous development version
- MC-91310 –
LootTabledoes not respect rolls.
- MC-91316 – `Mending` is impossibly rare.
- MC-91448 – Can`t add Mending enchant to shields.