1.9.1 was an update for Minecraft Minecraft Author(s) Mojang AB (Credits) Markus "Notch" Persson (Creator) Jens "Jeb" Bergensten (Lead Developer) Jon "jonkagstrom" Kågström (AI Programmer) Nathan "Dinnerbone" Adams Erik "Grum" Broes Michael "Searge" Stoyke Thomas "ProfMobius" Guimbretière Agnes "LadyAgnes" Larsson Maria , which was released on Mar. 30, 2016. 1.9.1 is not compatible with 1.9 servers. Due to a catastrophic multiplayer bug it was replaced with 1.9.2 same-day.
- Elytra Elytra Type Transport Durability 431 Renewable No Stackable No First appearances See History Data values PC: dec: 443 hex: 1BB bin: 110111011 PE: dec: 444 hex: 1BC bin: 110111100 Name elytra “ Elytra! Soar through The End on your freshly-minted insectoid
- Added sound effects, while gliding in the Elytra.
- Sound event
- Sound event
- Armor Armor Type Wearable items Durability See Durability Renewable Yes Stackable No Data values See Data values Name See Data values For the armor that can be worn by horses, see Horse Armor. Armor classes. From
- New armor attribute:
- Damage formula is now
damage = damage * ( 1 - max( defensePoints / 5, defensePoints - damage / ( 2 + toughness / 4 ) ) / 25 ), i.e. increased toughness means less armor defense point reduction from strong attacks.
- Diamond armor has toughness 2, all other armor has toughness 0. A full set of diamond armor, therefore gives a toughness attribute of 8.
- Damage formula is now
- Attack indicator (Crosshair) is now enabled by default.
- Session ID is now no longer printed by the game to the log files or to the launcher.
- Entity selector Contents 1 Usage 1.1 Tilde notation 1.2 Target selectors 1.2.1 Target selector variables 1.2.2 Target selector arguments 1.3 Data tags 1.4 Raw JSON text 1.5 Block/item names 2 Summary of commands 3 List of commands
c(count) now sorts on proximity using true coordinates, not coordinates snapped to the grid.
- Loot tables Loot tables are technical JSON tables that represent what items should be in naturally generated containers, what items should drop when killing a mob, or what items can be fished. Contents 1 Usage 2 Tags now also work in dispensers Dispenser Type Block Requirements None Physics No Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 17.5 Hardness 3.5 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No First appearances See history Drops Dispenser (1) plus contents Block entity and droppers Dropper Type Solid Block Requirements ? Physics No Transparency No Luminance No Blast resistance 17.5 Hardness 3.5 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No First appearances See History Drops Dropper (1) plus contents Block .
- Dispensers with arrows Arrow Type Combat Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Internal ID Normal / Tipped: PC: 10, PE: 80 Spectral: PC: 24 Network ID Normal / Tipped: PC: 60 Spectral: PC: 91 Entity ID Normal in jungle temples Jungle Temple Biome Jungle Consists of See Blocks Can generate post-generation No First appearances See History Jungle temples are generated structures found in jungle biomes. Contents 1 Generation 2 Structure 2.1 Puzzle 2.2 Trap 2.3 now use loot tables.
- Hoppers Hopper Type Block Entity Physics No Transparency Partial (does not block light, mob spawning possible) Luminance No Blast resistance 24 Hardness 3 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No First appearances See History Drops can now push and pull items to and from chests Chest Type Block Entity Physics No Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 12.5 Hardness 2.5 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No, but catches fire from lava First appearances See History Drops Chest (1) , that are blocked from opening.
- Increased limit per tick for scheduled tile ticks from 1,000 to 65,536.
- Improved AI.verify
- Shields Shield Type Combat Durability 337 Renewable Yes Stackable No First appearances See History Data value dec: 442 hex: 1BA bin: 110111010 Name shield Shields are tools used for protecting the player against attacks. Contents 1 Obtaining 1.1 Crafting no longer take damage when blocking weak attacks (less than 3 () damage).
- The title of the inventory of minecarts with chests Minecart with Chest Type Vehicles Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable No Internal ID PC: 43 PE: 98 Network ID PC: 10 Entity ID chest_minecart Drops 1 Minecart 1 Chest plus contents Health points 6 () and minecarts with hoppers Minecart with Hopper Type Vehicles Durability N/A Renewable Yes Stackable No Internal ID PC: 46 PE: 96 Network ID PC: 10 Entity ID hopper_minecart Drops 1 Minecart 1 Hopper plus contents Health points 6 () now match the item`s name.
- Skeletons shoot less quickly on Easy and Normal difficulty.
- 13 issues fixed
- From releaseAnnounce versions older than 1.9
- MC-7961 – Hopper can`t fill or empty a chest if the chest is blocked from opening.
- MC-56162 – Setting
/worldborder damage amount 0doesn`t work.
- MC-95352 – Spatial target arguments
dzbehave unexpectedly and inconsistently.
- From release version 1.9
- MC-90257 – A chain of command blocks may take more than 1 tick to traverse.
- MC-93074 – Summoned arrows can`t be assigned a scoreboard value (Too many arrows/spectral arrows cause command fail)
- MC-96219 – Block duplication bug with pistons (ghost blocks).
- MC-96927 – Selector
cTargeting Inaccurate Entity Position
- MC-98327 – Elytra texture transparency issues.
- MC-98461 – Several languages (at least Frisian, Talossan, Ripuarian, Lojban, and LOLCAT) are not selectable, "Eesti (Eesti)" is listed as "Inglise (US)"
- MC-98587 – Command block logic sometimes fails arbitrarily
- MC-99060 – Elytra glowing effect is always black.
- MC-99697 – Missnamed minecarts with hoppers and chests as "
- From the 1.9.1 development versions
- MC-99396 – Players attack animation missing
- Other fixes
- Fixed game engine adding non-existent entities (failed mob spawns, etc.) to its internal lists, increasing instability.
- ⃢₆ₑ Players who already played previous 1.9 versions may still need to manually enable the crosshair option (or delete options.txt options.txt is the file that stores all the options changeable in the in-game options menu and various other information the game needs to store after quitting. It is found in the .minecraft folder and can to reset the default values).