1.8.9 is an update to Minecraft Minecraft Author(s) Mojang AB (Credits) Markus "Notch" Persson (Creator) Jens "Jeb" Bergensten (Lead Developer) Jon "jonkagstrom" Kågström (AI Programmer) Nathan "Dinnerbone" Adams Erik "Grum" Broes Michael "Searge" Stoyke Thomas "ProfMobius" Guimbretière Agnes "LadyAgnes" Larsson Maria that was released on Dec. 9, 2015. 1.8.9 is compatible with servers running 1.8 – 1.8.8.
- Added a Realms Notifications toggle to the Options menu, toggleable to ON and OFF.
- Trapped Chest Trapped Chest Type Block Entity Physics No Transparency Yes Luminance No Blast resistance 12.5 Hardness 2.5 Tool Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No, but catches fire from lava First appearances See History Drops Trapped
- Will now change their texture when the computer time is set to the 24th to 26th of Dec. to suit Christmas.
- Better Realms integration
- New buttons to configure/leave realms without having to select them first.
- 10 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.7.2
- MC-2324 – Player trapped/can`t get out of flowing water
- MC-31577 – Some arrows shot into a block never despawn
- MC-33265 – Words are divided in chat.
- MC-36260 – Nonstandard parts of nonstandard character skin still show with invisibility potion.
- MC-42150 – On Christmas trapped chests don`t have texture of presents
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-57016 – Water and Lava glitches and shows blocks as if air
- From the current version, hotfixed
- MC-94199 – Realms crash when using arrow keys on Advertisement page
- MC-94467 – Minecraft Realms
- MC-94651 – Ampersand will trim realm name and description
- MC-94820 – Realms:
an error occurred (401): invalid session id.