1.8.2 is an update for Minecraft Minecraft Author(s) Mojang AB (Credits) Markus "Notch" Persson (Creator) Jens "Jeb" Bergensten (Lead Developer) Jon "jonkagstrom" Kågström (AI Programmer) Nathan "Dinnerbone" Adams Erik "Grum" Broes Michael "Searge" Stoyke Thomas "ProfMobius" Guimbretière Agnes "LadyAgnes" Larsson Maria which was released on Feb. 19, 2015. 1.8.2 is compatible with 1.8 and 1.8.1 servers.
- This update had the most pre-releases of any update so far, at 7 pre-releases.
- Until this point, the update that had the most pre-releases was 1.0.0 1.0.0 Type Release Release date Nov. 18, 2011 Development versions View all Pre-releases Beta 1.9-pre1 Beta 1.9-pre2 Beta 1.9-pre3 Beta 1.9-pre4 Beta 1.9-pre5 Beta 1.9-pre6 Release candidates 1.0.0-RC1 1.0.0-RC2 Download Client (.json) Server Other editions , with 6 pre-releases.
- Statistics The general statistics screen. Statistics are a game featureSpecial attraction that allows players to track how many times they have completed certain tasks. Statistics are divided into four sections: General, Blocks, Items and Mobs. The General
- Cake Slices Eaten
- Cauldrons Filled
- Water Taken from Cauldron
- Armor Pieces Cleaned
- Banners Cleaned
- Interactions with Brewing Stand
- Interactions with Beacon
- Droppers Searched
- Hoppers Searched
- Dispensers Searched
- Noteblocks played
- Noteblocks tuned
- Plants potted
- Trapped Chests Triggered
- Ender Chests Opened
- Items Enchanted
- Records Played
- Interactions with Furnace
- Interactions with Crafting Table
- Chests Opened
- Frame-time graph in debug screen Java Edition Only Screenshot showing the debug information "Debug" redirects here. For world type, see Debug mode. The debug screen is triggered when the F3 key is pressed. It shows the chunk cache, the memory
- Activated by pressing Alt+F3 to display frame time bar chart in lower left of screen.
- Splashes See the message on the menu screen. For the potion, see Splash Potion. The main menu of Minecraft with random splash text. Splash texts are the yellow lines of text on the
- "Do it all, everything!"
- "Where there is not light, there can spider!"
- Spectator Java Edition Only Spectator mode is a game mode which allows you to fly around and observe the world without interacting with it in any way. Spectator mode can be entered by using the command mode
- Mobs no longer follow/attack the player in spectator mode.
- TNT TNT Transparency Partial (cannot attach other blocks) Luminance No Blast resistance 0 Tool Any tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable Yes Drops Itself Data value dec: 46 hex: 2E bin: 101110 Name tnt TNT is a block
- Reverted explosion physic changes to those before the 14w31a 14w31a Type Snapshot Release date Jul. 30, 2014 Snapshot for 1.8 Download Client (.json) Server ◄◄ 1.7.10 ◄ 14w30c 14w32a ► 1.8.1 ►► See the computer edition. For other editions, see Version snapshot.
- Explosion force is no longer directionally biased.
- Oak Tree Biome Anywhere in the Overworld where light and dirt are present. Consists of Wood Leaves Vines (large jungle, dying and some fallen trees) Mushroom (some fallen trees) Cocoa (some jungle trees) Can generate post-generation and dark oak trees Tree Biome Anywhere in the Overworld where light and dirt are present. Consists of Wood Leaves Vines (large jungle, dying and some fallen trees) Mushroom (some fallen trees) Cocoa (some jungle trees) Can generate post-generation
- Oak and dark oak branches no longer replace blocks.
- Beacons Beacon Type Block Entity Physics No Transparency PC, CE: Yes PE: No Luminance Yes, 15 Blast resistance 15 Hardness 3 Tool Any tool Renewable No Stackable Yes (64) Flammable No First appearances See History Drops
- Now ignore bedrock above them when determining a clear view to the sky.
- Mobs "Monster" redirects here. For the mob called "monster" in the code, see Human. Mobs are living, moving game entities. The term "mob" is short for "mobile". 1] Contents 1 Spawning 2 Behavior 3 List of
- Ocelots Ocelot Health points 10 () Attack strength Chickens Only: 2 () Size Adult: Height: 0.7 Blocks Width: 0.6 Blocks Baby: Height: 0.35 Blocks Width: 0.3 Blocks Spawn Ocelot: In Jungle Biomes, on Grass or leaf now spawn at or above sea level, rather than at Y=63.
- Squids Squid Health points 10 () Size Height: 0.8 Blocks Width: 0.8 Blocks Spawn 1 or more blocks of water, any light level, spawning block must be between level 46 (inclusive) and sea level First appearances now spawn below sea level, rather than at Y=63.
- Carrot on a Stick Carrot on a Stick Type Tools Durability 26 Renewable Yes Stackable No First appearances See history Data value dec: 398 hex: 18E bin: 110001110 Name PC: carrot_on_a_stick PE: carrotonastick “ Carrots on sticks! Get on your pig and
- Crafting one now removes all enchantments from the original fishing rod.
- Multiplayer See the multiplayer experience in Minecraft. For the multiplayer software, see Server. PvP (Player versus Player) on a multiplayer server. Multiplayer is the server-based version of Minecraft that enables multiple players to
- Now directly takes you back to the multiplayer screen, instead of the title screen, when leaving a server.
- Mushroom Mushroom Type Ingredient Block Restores None Cookable No Renewable Yes Stackable Yes (64) Luminance Yes, 1 (brown only) First appearances See History Data values See Data values Name See Data values See Biomes A river bisecting a jungle biome. At the top right is a forest. A river running through a mesa biome with mesa plateaus, with a savanna biome in the bottom right. “ In case you
- Now generate with only one kind of giant mushroom, instead of brown and red (MC-77972).
- 49 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.8
- MC-141 –
/spawnpointcommand fails directly on Pressure Plates, Cobwebs, Signs, Open Fence Gates
- MC-3416 – Player location marker invisible on map (wrong Z-Order). One-line fix included
- MC-3885 – Arrows shot into the underside of a block appear black
- MC-4405 – Beacons work inconsistently in the Nether
- MC-8578 – Hopper sometimes doesn`t suck items above when they are overlaying
- MC-10176 – Oak/Dark Oak Tree Branches can replace all solid blocks (including Bedrock and Barrier)
- MC-13057 – Multiplayer "back to title screen" button incorrect
- MC-31338 – No eggs with
- MC-41881 – Hopper minecart acts like it is in a different position
- MC-42192 –
WitherSkullsflash for a brief moment when being summoned
- MC-44634 – Invulnerable Fireballs are invisible/being client-side rendered on hit
- MC-47683 – Black particles when breaking a block / Torch particles dark
- MC-48219 – Keyboard input causes mouse look to stutter or jerk (Fixed in LWJGL 2.9.3)
- MC-48969 –
clickEventis a URL without
- MC-49704 – Mooshroom udder texture does not display correctly
- MC-50769 – Mooshrooms incorrectly display custom mushroom models
- MC-51573 – Hostile mobs continue to follow/attack you in spectator mode
- MC-51804 – Corner fences / cobblestone wall with a block next to them turn black (Smooth lighting off)
- MC-63370 – Baby Cows are Milkable
- MC-64444 – Wither Skulls are being rendered for a moment
- MC-65697 – Explosion force on entities is directionally biased
- MC-66089 – Explosion physics changed, range of some TNT cannons greatly reduced
- MC-66090 – TNT is no longer colliding with a block placed above it when the TNT is triggered
- MC-67727 – Beacons in Nether need clear path to "sky"
- MC-71163 – Bed can overlap when placed on grass
- MC-72574 –
/statscommand doesn`t work on players who aren`t op
- MC-73866 – Game crash when an item is thrown into a nether portal
- MC-74686 – Marker armor stand block placing issue
- MC-74866 – Chunk flickering (only Intel HDHigh-Definition Graphics / Driver version 10.18.10.3958)
- MC-75083 – Single Player: Can`t select any of the previous created worlds in Java 8 (Fixed by installing Java 7) (Windows 8)
- MC-75195 – Armor stands with the "Marker" tag set to 1 don`t show their nametag
- MC-75722 – Buy a realm has no "Back" button with no internet connection
- MC-75885 – World generator crashes when generating pumpkins (e.g. seed "Cows")
- MC-76239 – Minecraft Realms main menu button`s text between quotation marks
- MC-76611 –
villages.datstores player names instead of UUIDs
- MC-76650 – Glass Pane image flipped
- MC-76747 – Various particles near world border rendered incorrectly
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-57691 – Water generates above sea level as part of ocean monument generation
- MC-57769 – Server Console spams "0"
- MC-58184 – Cocoa block texture bug
- MC-59549 – Graphical Arrow Glitch in Position
- MC-60859 – Regular stone villages spawning desert biomes
- MC-61475 – Using
/setblockto set block entities with items in their inventory does not update comparators adjacent to the block entity
- MC-61897 – Crash when dispensing any minecart types out of upside-down dispensers onto powered rails or activator rails
- MC-67150 – Ocean Monument cuts unnaturally into ocean floor
- MC-70104 – Arrow visual glitch (fake arrow)
- From the 1.8.1 development versions
- MC-73062 – Ambiguous Realms error "Incompatible client, consider updating" at newest snapshot
- MC-73406 – Beacon stops working at a certain height
- From the 1.8 development versions
- MC-77656 – When Exiting Realms get taken to Multiplayer scanning screen