The World of Warcraft Trading Card Game (WoW TCG), commonly referred to as "the TCG", is a physical collectible card game based on World of Warcraft World of Warcraft (WoW) is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) created by Blizzard Entertainment. The game was first released Nov. 2004, and has since seen six expansions: The Burning Crusade (2007), Wrath of , first released in 2006.
On Aug. 23, 2013, a week after the closed beta The Hearthstone beta was the beta test phase in the development of Hearthstone, following the alpha test. The beta test began in its closed phase in the Americas region on Aug. 16th 2013, and in for Hearthstone The Hearthstone icon Hearthstone (formerly known as Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft 1] 2]) is a free-to-play digital collectible card game from Blizzard Entertainment. It was first announced in a presentation by Rob Pardo at the started, it was announced that no further sets would be produced for the TCG. Hearthstone is widely considered the spiritual successor to the WoW TCG.
Relationship to Hearthstone
The TCG was influential in the development of Hearthstone, with much of the latter game`s card art The art used on Hearthstone s cards is one of the most striking and memorable aspects of the game s artistic design. These small yet detailed images are often taken from far larger pieces of art, with originally created for the TCG. Be that as it may, with the planned releaseAnnounce of Hearthstone, the developers chose to discontinue the TCG, in order to avoid potential conflict and focus exclusively on the new game.
While serving as a spiritual successor to the TCG, Hearthstone also reflected a significant departure in approach. A complex card game in the vein of Magic: The Gathering, the TCG includes cards for allies (minions), spells, equipment, locations and quests, and featuresSpecial attraction the elaborate rules and playing order common to games of its kind. More unusually, it also features multi-player battlegrounds and raids, the latter coming with their own Raid Decks, and requiring an additional player to serve as "Raid Master", battling against the 3-5 players forming the raid party. In contrast, Hearthstone was intended from the start to be extremely accessible, with a specific design goal of reaching players who were turned off by the complexity and long setup time of physical card games like the TCG and Magic.
Hearthstone cards from the TCG
While many Hearthstone cards reflect characters, abilities or weapons specifically found in World of Warcraft World of Warcraft (WoW) is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) created by Blizzard Entertainment. The game was first released Nov. 2004, and has since seen six expansions: The Burning Crusade (2007), Wrath of or its predecessors, some were first innovated by the TCG. Some are almost identical to their TCG counterparts, while others are changed but still clearly the same card. For a list of cards original to Hearthstone, see Original cards in Hearthstone While Hearthstone is set firmly in the Warcraft universe, many characters, abilities and weapons have made their debut with Hearthstone itself. Hearthstone has also introduced numerous new character types, and titles for existing types. This .
- Murloc Tinyfin Murloc Tinyfin Set: The League of Explorers Type: Minion Subtype: Murloc Rarity: Common Cost: 0 Attack: 1 Health: 1 High mortality rate, from often being hugged to death.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Murloc - TCG - Baby Murloc
- Flame Lance Flame Lance Set: The Grand Tournament Type: Spell Class: Mage Rarity: Common Cost: 5 Abilities: Deal damage Deal 8 damage to a minion.It s on the rack next to ice lance, acid lance, and English muffin - TCG
- Bear Trap Bear Trap Set: The Grand Tournament Type: Spell Class: Hunter Rarity: Common Cost: 2 Abilities: Secret, Summon Tags: Beast-generating, Triggered effect Secret: After your hero is attacked, summon a 3/3 Bear with Taunt.You ll never guess - TCG (different effect)
- Living Roots Living Roots Set: The Grand Tournament Type: Spell Class: Druid Rarity: Common Cost: 1 Abilities: Choose One, Deal damage, Summon Choose One - Deal 2 damage; or Summon two 1/1 Saplings.2 out of 2 saplings - TCG (different effect)
- Snipe Snipe Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Hunter Rarity: Common Cost: 2 Abilities: Deal damage, Secret Tags: Summoning-related, Triggered effect Secret: After your opponent plays a minion, deal 4 damage to it.A great sniper hits the - TCG
- Light of the Naaru Light of the Naaru Set: Goblins vs Gnomes Type: Spell Class: Priest Rarity: Rare Cost: 1 Abilities: Restore Health, Summon Tags: Damaged-related Restore 3 Health. If the target is still damaged, summon a Lightwarden."Light it - TCG (different effect)
- Tinker`s Sharpsword Oil Tinker s Sharpsword Oil Set: Goblins vs Gnomes Type: Spell Class: Rogue Rarity: Common Cost: 4 Abilities: Combo Tags: Random, Weapon-related Give your weapon +3 Attack. Combo: Give a random friendly minion +3 Attack."Get ready to - TCG - Superior Mana Oil (different effect)
- Forked Lightning Forked Lightning Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Shaman Rarity: Common Cost: 1 Abilities: Deal damage, Overload Tags: Random Deal 2 damage to 2 random enemy minions. Overload: (2)If you combine it with Spooned Lightning and - TCG - Fork Lightning
- Lightning Storm Lightning Storm Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Shaman Rarity: Rare Cost: 3 Abilities: Deal damage, Overload Tags: Area of effect, Random Deal 2-3 damage to all enemy minions. Overload: (2)An umbrella won t be effective, I m - TCG (using art from Call of Lightning)
- Upgrade! Upgrade! Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Warrior Rarity: Rare Cost: 1 Abilities: Equip Tags: Durability-related, Weapon-generating, Weapon-related If you have a weapon, give it +1/+1. Otherwise equip a 1/3 weapon.Easily worth 50 DKP.See this card - TCG - Gear Upgrade (different effect)
- Tail Swipe Tail Swipe Set: Blackrock Mountain Type: Spell Cost: 4 Abilities: Deal damage Deal 4 damage.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Tail Swipe is an uncollectible spell card generated x 2 by Nefarian s Battlecry when - TCG