Put into battlefield effects are abilities A selection of minions, each with its own ability. From left to right: Divine Shield, Deathrattle, a triggered effect, and Spell Damage. Abilities are special effects, powers, or behaviors found on cards. For spell cards, which puts cards from the player`s deck A deck is a collection of exactly 30 cards. All cards drawn by the player during a game come from their deck. Each deck is tied to a specific class. Decks can be created and or hand A typical hand. The green highlighted cards can be played, while the yellow highlighted card has a special effect enabled by the current state of the game. The hand is where each player keeps the directly into the battlefield The battlefield (or game board) is where the action takes place, representing the board on which each game is played out. Around the battlefield are various important UI elements, such as each player s hand, deck . They may affect minions Bloodfen Raptor, a simple minion card. A Beast-type minion, it has 3 Attack, 2 Health and a mana cost of 2. Minions are persistent creatures on the battlefield that will fight for their hero. Minion or spells Fireball, a simple mage spell. It costs 4 mana, dealing 6 damage to a chosen target. Spell cards are cards that can be played to trigger a one time effect or ability, described in the , and may require a specific type or sub-type of card.
Cards put into the battlefield are not directly played from the hand (even if they are put into the battlefield from the hand), and as such do not trigger minion Battlecries Battlecry is an ability where a particular effect activates when the card with the Battlecry is played directly from the hand. Although mostly limited to minions, some weapons also have Battlecries. Activation of Battlecries are .
Put into battlefield effects are distinguished from Summon For information on summoning minions, see Minion#Summoning. Summon is an ability which summons one or more minions. Distinct from regular summoning, a minion generated by the summon ability does not consume or come from an effects, which summon entirely new minions without consuming existing cards; and from put into hand Put into hand effects are abilities which draw specific cards from the player s deck and place them into their hand. Unlike card draw effects, put into hand effects require specific card types, and often have and card draw For the game conclusion where neither player wins, see Draw Card draw is a term used to refer the process or mechanic of drawing additional cards from the top of the deck, and adding them effects, which place cards into the player`s hand, rather than directly into play.
- While not Summon For information on summoning minions, see Minion#Summoning. Summon is an ability which summons one or more minions. Distinct from regular summoning, a minion generated by the summon ability does not consume or come from an effects, minion put into battlefield effects do cause the minion summoning process to occur, including triggered effects The lightning bolt icon, explicitly indicating a triggered effect Triggered effects are effects that activate in response to specific events. Triggered effects may belong to minions, weapons or spells (in the form of Secrets), as such as those of Starving Buzzard Starving Buzzard Set: Basic Type: Minion Subtype: Beast Class: Hunter Cost: 5 Attack: 3 Health: 2 Abilities: Draw cards Tags: Beast-related, Summoning-related, Triggered effect Whenever you summon a Beast, draw a card.If you feed him, and Knife Juggler Knife Juggler Set: Classic Type: Minion Rarity: Rare Cost: 2 Attack: 2 Health: 2 Abilities: Deal damage Tags: Random, Summoning-related, Triggered effect After you summon a minion, deal 1 damage to a random enemy.Ambitious Knife .
- Put into battlefield and put into hand Put into hand effects are abilities which draw specific cards from the player s deck and place them into their hand. Unlike card draw effects, put into hand effects require specific card types, and often have effects select eligible cards randomly, not based on their order in the deck. This means that the distribution of such cards throughout the deck is randomly altered by such effects, rather than creating any sort of bias, such as by always drawing the top-most eligible card. As a result, and due to the random ordering of each deck, no significant ordering change is made by such effects.
- Put into battlefield effects cannot exceed the limit of 7 minions on each side of the battlefield, and will never put minions into the battlefield above this number. If a put into battlefield effect would cause the player to have more than 7 minions, it will stop at 7. This means put into battlefield effects may sometimes fail to take effect. Note that cards like Alarm-o-Bot that first remove a minion from the board are protected from this possibility by creating a space for their effect to fill.
- Golden Golden cards often add movement and visual effects, like with this golden Piloted Shredder "Golden" redirects here. For information on golden heroes, see Golden heroes. Golden cards are special, rarer versions of cards. Each card cards with put into battlefield effects will not transform the related cards into their golden versions. This is because unlike golden cards which generate Generate effects are abilities which create new cards and place them into a player s hand, or more rarely shuffle them into the player s deck. They may generate entirely new cards, or combine with a copy or summon new cards, put into battlefield effects only move existing cards, without changing them in any way.
- Despite its wording, Mindgames Mindgames Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Priest Rarity: Epic Cost: 4 Abilities: Copy, Summon Tags: Random Put a copy of a random minion from your opponent s deck into the battlefield.Sometimes it feels like this is is not a put into battlefield effect, as it does not draw the minion from the player`s hand or deck, but simply summons an entirely new minion.
- This section contains information exclusive to Wild format Wild format or Wild is one of Hearthstone s two game formats, the other being Standard format. Wild format appears in game modes in which players are allowed to play decks without the deck restrictions of .