How to get
Prophet Velen can be obtained through Classic The card set interface Card sets are categories into which collectible cards are divided, reflecting how they can be obtained, and determining whether they are eligible for use in Standard format. Card set does not card packs Card pack concept art Card packs are items that players can open to acquire cards for filling a player s collection. Only card packs for the current Standard format sets are available for purchase in the , through crafting Crafting mode, in Standard format mode The crafting system is an element of Hearthstone that allows players to directly create new cards. It can be accessed through the My Collection screen. Crafting consumes Arcane Dust , or as an Arena A video explaining the Arena in Hearthstone made by the Curse Gamepedia @@@#@@@YouTube(youtube.com)###@### Channel. The Arena is a game mode where players compete against each other using specially constructed decks to earn substantial rewards. It reward.
|Golden Golden cards often add movement and visual effects, like with this golden Piloted Shredder "Golden" redirects here. For information on golden heroes, see Golden heroes. Golden cards are special, rarer versions of cards. Each card Prophet Velen
As a Classic class legendary, Prophet Velen also has a chance to be awarded as part of the Welcome Bundle "We got the best deals anywhere!" The Welcome Bundle is a special card pack bundle available from the Shop. The bundle costs $4.99 USD/€4.99 EUR/£3.99 GBP/$59.00 MXN or equivalent, and includes 10 Classic card packs, .
|Your Hero Power becomes `Deal 2 damage`. If already in Shadowform: 3 damage.
|Deal 2 damage to all enemies. Restore 2 health to all friendly characters.
|Deal 5 damage to the enemy hero.
Double the damage and healing of your spells and Hero Power.
He`s been exiled from his home, and all his brothers turned evil, but otherwise he doesn`t have a lot to complain about.
See this card on Hearthpwn
Prophet Velen is a legendary Rarity is a rough measure of the quality and scarcity of a card. Cards of higher rarity are typically more powerful and more useful, but are harder to find and more expensive to craft. There priest The Priest is one of the nine classes in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, represented by Anduin Wrynn and Tyrande Whisperwind. Contents 1 Heroes 2 Overview 3 Background 4 Hero Power 4.1 Replacement Hero Powers 5 minion Bloodfen Raptor, a simple minion card. A Beast-type minion, it has 3 Attack, 2 Health and a mana cost of 2. Minions are persistent creatures on the battlefield that will fight for their hero. Minion card, from the Classic The card set interface Card sets are categories into which collectible cards are divided, reflecting how they can be obtained, and determining whether they are eligible for use in Standard format. Card set does not set.
Prophet Velen can dramatically increase the priest`s effectiveness in the late-game. His passive affects the priest`s spells Fireball, a simple mage spell. It costs 4 mana, dealing 6 damage to a chosen target. Spell cards are cards that can be played to trigger a one time effect or ability, described in the as well as their Hero Power.
This bonus works with all Hero Powers, including doubling the damage of Steady Shot, Fireblast, Life Tap, and DIE, INSECT!, as well as the Hero Powers granted by Justicar Trueheart, Shadowform and Charged Hammer. Note that the doubled damage on Life Tap is usually a bad thing.
This card should be considered to have a soft taunt. Your enemy will go to great lengths to kill Velen due to the power he brings in the late game. Be prepared to protect him with taunt minions, healing or divine shields.
- Prophet Velen increases the healing Healing is the restoration of Health to a damaged character. Healing a character will increase their Health by the stated amount, up to but not beyond their current maximum Health. Healing effects or Restore Health of and the damage Damage in Hearthstone is a particular infliction of harm upon heroes or minions, measured by a number which is deducted from their Health and/or Armor (if they have any). If a character s Health is reduced dealt by your Hero Powers Anduin Wrynn with the basic priest Hero Power Lesser Heal A Hero Power is a special ability displayed to the right of each hero s portrait. Usually Hero Powers can be used once per turn and and spells Fireball, a simple mage spell. It costs 4 mana, dealing 6 damage to a chosen target. Spell cards are cards that can be played to trigger a one time effect or ability, described in the , with only a few exceptions:
- Prophet Velen has no effect on the healing restored by Power Word: Glory`s enchantment, since the source of the Healing Event is the enchantment created by the spell, not the spell itself.
- Prophet Velen has no effect on spells like Betrayal Betrayal Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Rogue Rarity: Common Cost: 2 Abilities: Deal damage Tags: Attack-related, Positional effect Force an enemy minion to deal its damage to the minions next to it.Everyone has a price. which cause characters to do damage, since the targeted minion is considered the source of the damage, not the spell.
- In-hand effects like Cursed! Cursed! Set: The League of Explorers Type: Spell Class: Warlock Cost: 2 Abilities: Deal damage Tags: In-hand effect, Triggered effect While this is in your hand, take 2 damage at the start of your turn.See that are spells are not affected by either player`s Prophet Velen.
- On-draw effects that are spells (such as Ancient Curse Ancient Curse Set: The League of Explorers Type: Spell Cost: 0 Abilities: Deal damage, Draw cards Tags: On-draw effect When you draw this, take 7 damage and draw a card.See this card on Hearthpwn data and Burrowing Mine Burrowing Mine Set: Goblins vs Gnomes Type: Spell Class: Warrior Cost: 0 Abilities: Deal damage, Draw cards Tags: On-draw effect When you draw this, it explodes. You take 10 damage and draw a card.See this ) are not affected by either player`s Prophet Velen.
- Be that as it may, on-discard effects like Fist of Jaraxxus Fist of Jaraxxus Set: The Grand Tournament Type: Spell Class: Warlock Rarity: Rare Cost: 4 Abilities: Deal damage Tags: Discard-related, On-discard effect, Random When you play or discard this, deal 4 damage to a random do benefit from Prophet Velen`s bonuses.
- Prophet Velen boosts healing spells whether or not they are affected by Auchenai Soulpriest Auchenai Soulpriest Set: Classic Type: Minion Class: Priest Rarity: Rare Cost: 4 Attack: 3 Health: 5 Abilities: Modify Hero Power Tags: Damage-related, Healing-related, Hero Power-related, Ongoing effect Your cards and powers that restore Health now or Embrace the Shadow Embrace the Shadow Set: Whispers of the Old Gods Type: Spell Class: Priest Rarity: Epic Cost: 2 Abilities: Modify Hero Power Tags: Damage-related, Healing-related, Hero Power-related, Ongoing effect This turn, your healing effects deal damage .
- Prophet Velen boosts damaging Secrets A Secret is a spell card that is cast normally but has a delayed, hidden effect, which only takes place when a specific event occurs. When a Secret is played, a Secret icon appears on (such as Eye for an Eye Eye for an Eye Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Paladin Rarity: Common Cost: 1 Abilities: Deal damage, Secret Tags: Damage-related, Triggered effect Secret: When your hero takes damage, deal that much damage to the enemy and Explosive Trap Explosive Trap Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Hunter Rarity: Common Cost: 2 Abilities: Deal damage, Secret Tags: Area of effect, Combat-related, Triggered effect Secret: When your hero is attacked, deal 2 damage to all enemies.It ), since they are spells.
- Prophet Velen boosts the damage dealt by spells that deal variable amounts of damage (such as Blade Flurry Blade Flurry Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Rogue Rarity: Rare Cost: 4 Abilities: Deal damage, Destroy Tags: Area of effect, Attack-related, Weapon-related Destroy your weapon and deal its damage to all enemy minions."Look, it s not and Shield Slam Shield Slam Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Warrior Rarity: Epic Cost: 1 Abilities: Deal damage Tags: Armor-related Deal 1 damage to a minion for each Armor you have."What is a better weapon? The sharp one ).
- Prophet Velen has no effect on healing or damaging effects that are not spells or Hero Powers (like Deathrattles A Loot Hoarder displaying the Deathrattle icon Deathrattle is an ability where the stated effect occurs when the minion or weapon is destroyed. Cards with Deathrattle appear with a skull and crossbones when in play. , Battlecries Battlecry is an ability where a particular effect activates when the card with the Battlecry is played directly from the hand. Although mostly limited to minions, some weapons also have Battlecries. Activation of Battlecries are , Fatigue The message displayed upon attempting to draw a card after reaching Fatigue. Fatigue is a game mechanic that deals increasing damage to players who have already drawn all of the cards in their deck, whenever , Cho`gall Cho gall Set: Whispers of the Old Gods Type: Minion Class: Warlock Rarity: Legendary Cost: 7 Attack: 7 Health: 7 Abilities: Battlecry, Cost-related, Deal damage, Modify cost Tags: Spell-related Battlecry: The next spell you cast this `s effect, triggered effects The lightning bolt icon, explicitly indicating a triggered effect Triggered effects are effects that activate in response to specific events. Triggered effects may belong to minions, weapons or spells (in the form of Secrets), as and combat This page describes the act of attacking. For the Attack attribute, see Attribute. Attacking or combat is what occurs when a player commands one character to attack another, causing them to simultaneously deal damage to damage).
- Multiple instances of Prophet Velen stack.
- Being a multiplicative bonus, Prophet Velen is applied after additive bonuses like Spell Damage A Wrath of Air Totem, with purple sparkles to signal its Spell Damage bonus Spell Damage is an ability which boosts the overall damage of spells by the listed amount. Spell Damage does not increase and Fallen Hero.
- Prophet Velen doubles the healing of and the damage dealt by your Hero Powers Anduin Wrynn with the basic priest Hero Power Lesser Heal A Hero Power is a special ability displayed to the right of each hero s portrait. Usually Hero Powers can be used once per turn and and eligible spells Fireball, a simple mage spell. It costs 4 mana, dealing 6 damage to a chosen target. Spell cards are cards that can be played to trigger a one time effect or ability, described in the . More precisely:
- Spells that deal a certain amount of damage randomly split among all characters with a given characteristic (Arcane Missiles, Spreading Madness, Avenging Wrath, Timepiece of Horror) have their total damage doubled by Prophet Velen: the spell will thus shoot an increased number of missiles, but each one will still deal 1 damage.
- All other spells and Hero Powers that heal or deal damage to one or more characters have the healing or damage dealt to each target doubled. This includes single-target spells (for instance, with Prophet Velen Holy Light will restore 12 Health), area of effect spells (for instance, with Prophet Velen Swipe will do 8 damage to its target and 2 damage to all other enemies), spells that damage "multiple targets" (such as Cleave and Explosive Shot) or that do a base amount of damage repeated a variable number of times (like Bouncing Blade and Greater Arcane Missiles), and all Hero Powers that restore Health or deal damage (for instance, with Prophet Velen Life Tap will deal 4 damage before drawing a card).
- For additional details, see Damage#Advanced rules and Healing#Advanced rules.
- Prophet Velen dynamically modifies the numbers printed on the text of eligible Hero Powers and spell cards in your hand accordingly.
- Example: with a Prophet Velen in play, Lesser Heal will read "Restore *4* Health.".
- Example: if you have Prophet Velen, Azure Drake and Auchenai Soulpriest Auchenai Soulpriest Set: Classic Type: Minion Class: Priest Rarity: Rare Cost: 4 Attack: 3 Health: 5 Abilities: Modify Hero Power Tags: Damage-related, Healing-related, Hero Power-related, Ongoing effect Your cards and powers that restore Health now in play, a Flash Heal in your hand will display the text "Restore *10* Health." but it will instead deal 12 damage to its target when cast, since Auchenai Soulpriest turned it into a damaging effect which then benefits from Azure Drake`s Spell Damage bonus.
- Not all who wander are lost.
- I foresaw this.
- During alpha, Velen was a 5/7 with the card text: "Battlecry: Draw a card for each undamaged character."
- Velen`s summon quote is a reference to J. R. R. Tolkien`s "All that is gold does not glitter" poem from The Lord of the Rings. The line is also spoken by Velen in World of Warcraft.