How to get
Regular Kel`Thuzad can be obtained by defeating every boss in Curse of Naxxramas "Whispers of an ancient tomb… holding horrors in every room. Ghastly ghouls, poisons galore… but in the shadows lurks something more. Knights of death and abominations… cleaving your bits for new creations. And if by .
As a Wild format Wild format or Wild is one of Hearthstone s two game formats, the other being Standard format. Wild format appears in game modes in which players are allowed to play decks without the deck restrictions of card, both versions of Kel`Thuzad can also be crafted Crafting mode, in Standard format mode The crafting system is an element of Hearthstone that allows players to directly create new cards. It can be accessed through the My Collection screen. Crafting consumes Arcane Dust for the following amounts.
|Golden Golden cards often add movement and visual effects, like with this golden Piloted Shredder "Golden" redirects here. For information on golden heroes, see Golden heroes. Golden cards are special, rarer versions of cards. Each card Kel`Thuzad||3200||1600|
Unanswered Kel`Thuzad very quickly locks the opponent out from the game as minions can be used freely to trade with enemy minions and have them alive again at the end of each turn. Several Paladin and Druid decks have played it with medium to large minions like Sludge Belcher or Ancient of War.
Minions with Deathrattle can have their effects played multiple times as for example Loot Hoarder will draw a card each time it dies and be resummoned again at the end of the turn as long as Kel`Thuzad stays in the play.
Silence stops the Kel`Thuzad effect.
|Ancestral Spirit||Rare||Shaman||Spell||General||2||Choose a minion. When that minion is destroyed, return it to the battlefield.|
|Sneed`s Old Shredder||Legendary||Neutral||Minion||Mech||8||5||7||Deathrattle: Summon a random legendary minion.|
At the end of each turn, summon all friendly minions that died this turn.
Kel`Thuzad could not resist the call of the Lich King. Even when it`s just a robo-call extolling the Lich King`s virtues.
See this card on Hearthpwn
- For the boss of the same name, see Kel`Thuzad (boss) The subject of this article is part of the Curse of Naxxramas adventure Kel Thuzad Set: Naxxramas Type: Hero Health: 30 (Normal)45 (Heroic) data page] For the minion card of the same name, see Kel Thuzad Kel Thuzad
Kel`Thuzad is a legendary Rarity is a rough measure of the quality and scarcity of a card. Cards of higher rarity are typically more powerful and more useful, but are harder to find and more expensive to craft. There neutral Neutral is the term used to describe cards which are not limited to a specific class. Neutral collectible cards can be included in any deck, regardless of hero. Neutral cards use a plain, grey card minion Bloodfen Raptor, a simple minion card. A Beast-type minion, it has 3 Attack, 2 Health and a mana cost of 2. Minions are persistent creatures on the battlefield that will fight for their hero. Minion card, from the Naxxramas "Whispers of an ancient tomb… holding horrors in every room. Ghastly ghouls, poisons galore… but in the shadows lurks something more. Knights of death and abominations… cleaving your bits for new creations. And if by set.
Kel`Thuzad`s triggered effect activates at the end of the player`s turn Hearthstone takes place in turns. Each turn gives a player the opportunity to act. At the end of each turn, play is passed back to the other player. A round describes one turn for each AND the opponent`s turn, making him a potent presence on the board until neutralized.
It is very useful when in a position to trade A trade is the loss of one or more cards in exchange for the elimination of one or more enemy cards. Most often, trading refers to minions dying in combat, but the term may be minions with the enemy, allowing the player to effectively gain a free board clear that turn, or remove a powerful enemy without losing all their minions in the process. It can also be combined with Reincarnate Reincarnate Set: Naxxramas Type: Spell Class: Shaman Rarity: Common Cost: 2 Abilities: Copy, Destroy, Summon Tags: Resurrection effect Destroy a minion, then return it to life with full Health.It s like birth, except you re an adult to a get second Kel`Thuzad on turn 10 ( Ancestral Spirit Ancestral Spirit Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Shaman Rarity: Rare Cost: 2 Abilities: Copy, Deathrattle, Summon Tags: Resurrection effect Give a minion "Deathrattle: Resummon this minion."It was just a flesh wound.See this card on Hearthpwn or possibly Redemption Redemption Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Paladin Rarity: Common Cost: 1 Abilities: Copy, Secret, Summon Tags: Death-related, Resurrection effect, Triggered effect Secret: When a friendly minion dies, return it to life with 1 Health.I am could also work).
One use of this card is to combo it with a Doomsayer Doomsayer Set: Classic Type: Minion Rarity: Epic Cost: 2 Attack: 0 Health: 7 Abilities: Destroy Tags: Area of effect, Triggered effect At the start of your turn, destroy ALL minions.He s almost been right so many played the previous turn. Since Doomsayer triggers at the start of the controlling player`s turn, Kel`Thuzad can be played after the Doomsayer`s effect has taken place, re-summoning any friendly minions destroyed that turn, along with the Doomsayer itself. Be aware though that the Doomsayer will be more than happy to destroy all minions once again at the start of the next turn.
Be that as it may, running Doomsayer in a deck simply for the combo is not a good idea, since it can be killed without damaging your opponent`s minions and will not be good as a standalone minion. Playing Kel`Thuzad in a Freeze Mage deck may similarly be ineffective since not many useful minions can be returned in Freeze Mage. On the other hand, playing this combo in a mill deck, with Dancing Swords Dancing Swords Set: Naxxramas Type: Minion Rarity: Common Cost: 3 Attack: 4 Health: 4 Abilities: Deathrattle, Draw cards Deathrattle: Your opponent draws a card.They like to dance to reggae.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] (and Baron Rivendare Baron Rivendare Set: Naxxramas Type: Minion Rarity: Legendary Cost: 4 Attack: 1 Health: 7 Tags: Deathrattle-related, Ongoing effect Your minions trigger their Deathrattles twice.There used to be five Horsemen but one of them left because ) could be successful; a dedicated mill deck, particularly in mage Contents 1 Heroes 2 Overview 3 Background 4 Hero Power 5 Strategy and gameplay 5.1 Common deck types 5.2 Counters 6 Spells 6.1 Uncollectible 7 Minions 7.1 Uncollectible 8 Leveling rewards 8.1 Starting cards 8.2 , typically stalls in order to fatigue The message displayed upon attempting to draw a card after reaching Fatigue. Fatigue is a game mechanic that deals increasing damage to players who have already drawn all of the cards in their deck, whenever the opponent, and so the Doomsayer could be useful even without the full combo.
A friendly Kel`Thuzad can be copied by a Faceless Manipulator Faceless Manipulator Set: Classic Type: Minion Rarity: Epic Cost: 5 Attack: 3 Health: 3 Abilities: Battlecry, Copy, Transform Battlecry: Choose a minion and become a copy of it.The Faceless Ones are servants of Yogg-Saron, and (or two) for an incredibly powerful late game combo. The opponent will be unable to permanently destroy any enemy minions without first neutralising both (or all three) Kel`Thuzads. Destroying any one Kel`Thuzad will only lead to the other/s resurrecting him at the end of the turn. Because each resurrection happens for every surviving Kel`Thuzad, if three Kel`Thuzads are on one side and one dies, it will come back as two more Kel`Thuzads, and so on.
- Kel`Thuzad`s triggered effect The lightning bolt icon, explicitly indicating a triggered effect Triggered effects are effects that activate in response to specific events. Triggered effects may belong to minions, weapons or spells (in the form of Secrets), as activates during the end of turn phase, prior to the deaths of any minions killed during that phase (which will not occur until the end of the phase). This means that minions who die from other end of turn effects such as that of Ragnaros Ragnaros the Firelord Set: Hall of Fame Type: Minion Subtype: Elemental Rarity: Legendary Cost: 8 Attack: 8 Health: 8 Abilities: Deal damage Tags: Random, Triggered effect Can t attack. At the end of your turn, deal or Power Overwhelming Power Overwhelming Set: Hall of Fame Type: Spell Class: Warlock Rarity: Common Cost: 1 Abilities: Destroy Tags: Triggered effect Give a friendly minion +4/+4 until end of turn. Then, it dies. Horribly.We cannot even describe will not be resurrected by Kel`Thuzad.
- Eligible minions will be resurrected by Kel`Thuzad in the order in which they died. This is strategically significant if subsequent summons (including Deathrattles A Loot Hoarder displaying the Deathrattle icon Deathrattle is an ability where the stated effect occurs when the minion or weapon is destroyed. Cards with Deathrattle appear with a skull and crossbones when in play. such as that of Sludge Belcher Sludge Belcher Set: Naxxramas Type: Minion Rarity: Rare Cost: 5 Attack: 3 Health: 5 Abilities: Deathrattle, Summon, Taunt Tags: Taunt-generating Taunt. Deathrattle: Summon a 1/2 Slime with Taunt.DO NOT GIVE HIM A ROOT BEER.See this ) cause the player to fill their side of the board, preventing all minions from being re-summoned.
- When multiple copies of Kel`Thuzad are present on the board, each will trigger at the end of each turn (in the order in which they were summoned). This includes multiple Kel`Thuzads on the same side of the board; in this case, the combined effect will potentially produce more minions than died that turn - provided there is room on the board.
- If a player Resurrects Resurrect Set: Blackrock Mountain Type: Spell Class: Priest Rarity: Rare Cost: 2 Abilities: Copy, Summon Tags: Death-related, Random, Resurrection effect Summon a random friendly minion that died this game.I walked into the dungeon and noticed a Kel`Thuzad who died that turn, at the end of the turn Kel`Thuzad will resurrect his previous copy, resulting in 2 x Kel`Thuzads for the player.
Also as of Aug. 2014, Kel`Thuzad may fail to resurrect minions which have died during the "Start of Turn" phase. This has also been acknowledged as a bug.
- Summon For information on summoning minions, see Minion#Summoning. Summon is an ability which summons one or more minions. Distinct from regular summoning, a minion generated by the summon ability does not consume or come from an
- Minions, servants, soldiers of the cold dark! Obey the call...of Kel`Thuzad!
- Pray for mercy!
- I shall return...
In Curse of Naxxramas
- The archlich known as Kel’Thuzad sits at the seat of power within Naxxramas, coordinating the normally mindless Scourge into a fighting force for the Lich King. In his mortal days, Kel’Thuzad was once a powerful human mage and high-ranking member of the Kirin Tor, working under the great Archmage Antonidas Archmage Antonidas Set: Classic Type: Minion Class: Mage Rarity: Legendary Cost: 7 Attack: 5 Health: 7 Abilities: Generate Tags: Spell-generating, Spell-related, Triggered effect Whenever you cast a spell, put a Fireball spell into your hand.Antonidas , leader of the Kirin Tor at the time. The Kirin Tor had a wealth of secrets Kirin Tor Mage Set: Classic Type: Minion Class: Mage Rarity: Rare Cost: 3 Attack: 4 Health: 3 Abilities: Battlecry, Modify cost Tags: Secret-related Battlecry: The next Secret you play this turn costs (0).The Kirin Tor and knowledge at their disposal, and Kel’Thuzad spent countless hours devouring every bit of knowledge he could get his hands on—even the darkest and most unthinkable of arcane arts, such as necromancy. He became increasingly more reclusive and shunned by his peers the further he delved into forbidden magic.
- The Lich King sought out Azeroth’s most powerful and ambitious individuals to bend to his will, sending out a mental summons to those he thought could easily be swayed by the promise of power. Kel’Thuzad was the first to answer the Lich King’s call. He saw the power the Lich King held over the undead and desired such power for his own, so he offered his services as a mage to the Lich King in whatever manner he desired. After a long, tortured journey to the frozen wastes of Northrend, Kel’Thuzad knelt at the feet of the Lich King and offered him not just his loyalty, but his soul as well.
- "As my lieutenant, you will gain knowledge and magic to surpass your most ambitious dreams. But in return, living or dead, you will serve me for the rest of your days. If you betray me, I shall make you into one of my mindless ones, and you will serve me still.”
- The Lich King’s words were both a threat and a promise. Kel’Thuzad would become his lieutenant, carrying out the Lich King’s whims, but in return he would gain power beyond his wildest dreams. Kel’Thuzad accepted these terms… as if he had much of a choice in the matter.
In World of Warcraft
- Kel`Thuzad was once a human mage of the Kirin Tor. He went on to become the founder of the Cult of the Damned and one of the principal agents of the Lich King responsible for the spreading of the plague of undeath across Lordaeron. After bringing the plague to Lordaeron, he was slain by the paladin Arthas. When Arthas became a death knight, he resurrected Kel`Thuzad as a lich so he could summon Archimonde the Defiler into Azeroth. Following Arthas` departure for Northrend, Kel`Thuzad was left to command the Scourge of Lordaeron from his necropolis, Naxxramas. Following his first defeat, he and his necropolis moved to Northrend.