Inspire is a special kind of triggered effect The lightning bolt icon, explicitly indicating a triggered effect Triggered effects are effects that activate in response to specific events. Triggered effects may belong to minions, weapons or spells (in the form of Secrets), as which activates each time the controlling hero A hero is a character in the Warcraft universe representing the player. In Hearthstone, this concept is expressed in three interrelated but distinct ways: Heroes are gameplay characters representing players or bosses within a match. uses their Hero Power.
- Inspire effects take effect after the effect of the triggering Hero Power, which can be strategically important.
- Example: Using Reinforce Reinforce Type: Hero Power Class: Paladin Cost: 2 Abilities: Summon Hero Power Summon a 1/1 Silver Hand Recruit.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Reinforce is the paladin s basic Hero Power. Contents 1 Summoned minions while controlling a Murloc Knight Murloc Knight Set: The Grand Tournament Type: Minion Subtype: Murloc Class: Paladin Rarity: Common Cost: 4 Attack: 3 Health: 4 Abilities: Inspire, Summon Tags: Hero Power-related, Murloc-generating, Random Inspire: Summon a random Murloc.Hee hee! Look will result in a Silver Hand Recruit Silver Hand Recruit Set: Basic Type: Minion Class: Paladin Cost: 1 Attack: 1 Health: 1 See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Silver Hand Recruit is an uncollectible paladin minion, created by the paladin Hero being summoned before the Murloc Knight`s Inspire effect is activated: thus, if you already had 6 minions in play, the Silver Hand Recruit will prevent Murloc Knight from summoning a Murloc due to the board having become full.
- Example: If you control Thunder Bluff Valiant Thunder Bluff Valiant Set: The Grand Tournament Type: Minion Class: Shaman Rarity: Rare Cost: 5 Attack: 3 Health: 6 Abilities: Inspire Tags: Hero Power-related, Totem-related Inspire: Give your Totems +2 Attack.Allowing totems to attack is and use Totemic Call Totemic Call Type: Hero Power Class: Shaman Cost: 2 Abilities: Summon Tags: Random Hero Power Summon a random Totem.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Totemic Call is the shaman s basic Hero Power. Contents 1 , the newly-summoned Totem will be buffed by Thunder Bluff Valiant`s Inspire effect.
- An Inspire minion put into the battlefield by other Inspire effects will not have its effects triggered by the original Hero Power usage, since all eligible Inspire effects have already been queued for activation before the new minion enters play.
- An Inspire minion put into the battlefield by a Hero Power which summons minions (e.g., the Tavern Brawl The Tavern Brawl interface Tavern Brawl is one of Hearthstone s lighter game modes. A weekly event, a new Tavern Brawl begins each Wednesday (Thursday in Asian regions), ending the following Monday. Outside of these times, Hero Power Pile On!!! The subject of this article is part of the Tavern Brawl game mode. Pile On!!! Set: Tavern Brawl Type: Hero Power Cost: 2 Abilities: Put into battlefield Hero PowerPut a minion from each deck into ) will have its effects triggered by that same Hero Power usage, since the new minion enters play before eligible Inspire effects are queued for activation.
- If the consequences of using a Hero Power kills a hero, it is not possible for a triggered Inspire effect to save them.
- Example: If a 2-Health warlock with a Tournament Medic Tournament Medic Set: The Grand Tournament Type: Minion Rarity: Common Cost: 4 Attack: 1 Health: 8 Abilities: Inspire, Restore Health Tags: Hero Power-related Inspire: Restore 2 Health to your hero.The medic tournament is less entertaining on board uses Life Tap Life Tap Type: Hero Power Class: Warlock Cost: 2 Abilities: Deal damage, Draw cards Hero PowerDraw a card and take 2 damage.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Life Tap is the warlock s basic Hero , they will die.
- Minions in play with Inspire effects are denoted by a small blue flag icon on the bottom of their portraits.
- Similarly to Inspire effects, Poisoned Blade Poisoned Blade Set: The Grand Tournament Type: Weapon Class: Rogue Rarity: Epic Cost: 4 Attack: 1 Durability: 3 Abilities: Modify Hero Power Tags: Hero Power-related, Ongoing effect, Triggered effect Your Hero Power gives this weapon and Dart Trap Dart Trap Set: The League of Explorers Type: Spell Class: Hunter Rarity: Common Cost: 2 Abilities: Deal damage, Secret Tags: Hero Power-related, Random, Triggered effect Secret: After an opposing Hero Power is used, deal 5 are triggered effects that trigger when a Hero Power is used, after the effect of the triggering Hero Power. Be that as it may, while all Inspire effects belong to minions Bloodfen Raptor, a simple minion card. A Beast-type minion, it has 3 Attack, 2 Health and a mana cost of 2. Minions are persistent creatures on the battlefield that will fight for their hero. Minion , Poisoned Blade is a weapon Garrosh Hellscream ready to attack using an equipped Fiery War Axe For the equip ability, see Equip Weapons are special cards which can be equipped by heroes. Each weapon has an Attack value and a a Dart Trap is a Secret A Secret is a spell card that is cast normally but has a delayed, hidden effect, which only takes place when a specific event occurs. When a Secret is played, a Secret icon appears on (it also triggers when the opponent`s Hero Power is used, not the controlling player`s).
- This section contains information exclusive to Wild format Wild format or Wild is one of Hearthstone s two game formats, the other being Standard format. Wild format appears in game modes in which players are allowed to play decks without the deck restrictions of .
- Inspire is the first keyword to relate to Hero Powers Anduin Wrynn with the basic priest Hero Power Lesser Heal A Hero Power is a special ability displayed to the right of each hero s portrait. Usually Hero Powers can be used once per turn and .
- Inspire was the first new full keyword added to the game. The only other keyword added before it was Mega-Windfury, which was only seen on V-07-TR-0N.
- Alternate names for Inspire during development include `Empower`, `Heroism`, `On Hero Power` and `Hero Powered`.
- Inspire was the design concept that "started the whole development of The Grand Tournament "From east to west, heroes are sent, seeking glory in the greatest of events... there are knights on noble steeds; those who will bring them to their knees; there are monsters to test their mettle ." Even before the developers knew what they wanted the theme or setting for the expansion to be, they knew that they wanted it to featureSpecial attraction the Inspire mechanic. The developers plan and design substantially in advance, and therefore whenever they came up with a card that had such an effect, they set it aside for use in a Hero Power-themed set at some point in the future.
- Steamwheedle Sniper Steamwheedle Sniper Set: Goblins vs Gnomes Type: Minion Class: Hunter Rarity: Epic Cost: 2 Attack: 2 Health: 3 Abilities: Modify Hero Power Tags: Hero Power-related, Ongoing effect Your Hero Power can target minions.Goblins seldom have was in the minds` of the developers as they were searching for a new mechanic for the expansion. The developers had previously prototyped "activated powers" - alternate abilities minions could effect instead of attacking. Be that as it may, they had been unable to reach a satisfactory design. Inspire provided a way to do something similar, by granting an additional activated effect that belonged to the minion and yet that the player could directly choose when to enact.
- Inspire was initially represented by the text "Whenever you use your Hero Power do X". The developers felt that replacing it with a new keyword would both save space on cards and also highlight the new mechanic as a key feature of the new expansion. They also felt that the game had been around long enough that it was acceptable to introduce a new keyword.
- Showcase matches streamed just before the expansion`s releaseAnnounce featured a golden version of the Inspire icon, due to using an old build.
- Rogue is the only class not to have any class specific Inspire minions. This has been jokingly ascribed by developers to equipping a knife not being especially "inspiring".
|Coliseum Manager||Rare||Neutral||Minion||3||2||5||Inspire: Return this minion to your hand.|
|Confessor Paletress||Legendary||Priest||Minion||7||5||4||Inspire: Summon a random Legendary minion.|
|Dragonhawk Rider||Common||Neutral||Minion||3||3||3||Inspire: Gain Windfury this turn.|
|Kodorider||Epic||Neutral||Minion||6||3||5||Inspire: Summon a 3/5 War Kodo.|
|Kvaldir Raider||Common||Neutral||Minion||5||4||4||Inspire: Gain +2/+2.|
|Mukla`s Champion||Common||Neutral||Minion||Beast||5||4||3||Inspire: Give your other minions +1/+1.|
|Nexus-Champion Saraad||Legendary||Neutral||Minion||5||4||5||Inspire: Add a random spell to your hand.|
|Orgrimmar Aspirant||Common||Warrior||Minion||3||3||3||Inspire: Give your weapon +1 Attack.|
|Savage Combatant||Rare||Druid||Minion||Beast||4||5||4||Inspire: Give your hero +2 Attack this turn.|
|Silver Hand Regent||Common||Neutral||Minion||3||3||3||Inspire: Summon a 1/1 Silver Hand Recruit.|
|Thunder Bluff Valiant||Rare||Shaman||Minion||5||3||6||Inspire: Give your Totems +2 Attack.|
|Tournament Medic||Common||Neutral||Minion||4||1||8||Inspire: Restore 2 Health to your hero.|
|Void Crusher||Rare||Warlock||Minion||Demon||6||5||4||Inspire: Destroy a random minion for each player.|