How to get
Regular Emperor Thaurissan is obtained by completing the Blackrock Depths "Have you heard the rumblings? The mountain stirs once more. Beneath its crags, cliffs and rocks, there s evil in its core. Fire made flesh! Dragon s breath! Teeth and claw and flame! Calling any heroes out wing of Blackrock Mountain "Have you heard the rumblings? The mountain stirs once more. Beneath its crags, cliffs and rocks, there s evil in its core. Fire made flesh! Dragon s breath! Teeth and claw and flame! Calling any heroes out .
Once the regular version has been obtained, both regular and golden versions can be crafted and disenchanted:
|Golden Golden cards often add movement and visual effects, like with this golden Piloted Shredder "Golden" redirects here. For information on golden heroes, see Golden heroes. Golden cards are special, rarer versions of cards. Each card Emperor Thaurissan||3200||1600|
Emperor Thaurissan has very powerful effect that becomes more impactful with each card player has in hand when the effect goes off. Card draw such as Life Tap makes it easier to use this effect to its full potential. Generally Emperor Thaurissan is very large priority for opponent to remove or at least Silence. Most of the times players should not trust this minion to survive the opponents turn. It is important to keep in mind the way opponent dealt with Emperor Thaurissan though, as removal used for this minion means there is less of it left for others.
Emperor Thaurissan can be played in almost any deck apart from the fastest aggro decks. Heavy control type decks such as Handlock or Control Warrior decks benefit from having their high cost minions made cheaper while combo decks like Freeze Mage are able to do larger damage bursts with cheaper burn Spells. Malygos Warlock is an example of a deck archetype that was only created after Emperor Thaurissan was added to the game.
|Archmage Antonidas||Legendary||Mage||Minion||General||7||5||7||Whenever you cast a spell, put a `Fireball` spell into your hand.|
|Malygos||Legendary||Neutral||Minion||Dragon||9||4||12||Spell Damage +5.|
At the end of your turn, reduce the Cost of cards in your hand by (1).
His second greatest regret is summoning an evil Firelord who enslaved his entire people.
See this card on Hearthpwn
- For the boss of the same name, see Emperor Thaurissan (boss)
Emperor Thaurissan is a legendary Rarity is a rough measure of the quality and scarcity of a card. Cards of higher rarity are typically more powerful and more useful, but are harder to find and more expensive to craft. There neutral Neutral is the term used to describe cards which are not limited to a specific class. Neutral collectible cards can be included in any deck, regardless of hero. Neutral cards use a plain, grey card minion Bloodfen Raptor, a simple minion card. A Beast-type minion, it has 3 Attack, 2 Health and a mana cost of 2. Minions are persistent creatures on the battlefield that will fight for their hero. Minion card, from the Blackrock Mountain "Have you heard the rumblings? The mountain stirs once more. Beneath its crags, cliffs and rocks, there s evil in its core. Fire made flesh! Dragon s breath! Teeth and claw and flame! Calling any heroes out set.
Thaurissan should be able to find a place in most control decks A control deck, also known as a late game deck, is a deck that attempts to attain victory in the late game, through a combination of early game removal and Taunts, and powerful cards in . Aggro decks An aggro deck or aggressive deck, also known as a rush deck, is a deck that takes an aggressive approach of dealing damage to the opponent as quickly as possible, generally through the summoning of will receive less benefit from his ability because they generally have fewer cards in hand.
Thaurissan is quite powerful in combo decks that try to do a large amount of damage in a single turn, because he allows you to play more total mana value in a single turn than you otherwise would. For instance, when you have Malygos Malygos Set: Classic Type: Minion Subtype: Dragon Rarity: Legendary Cost: 9 Attack: 4 Health: 12 Abilities: Spell Damage Spell Damage +5Malygos hates it when mortals use magic. He gets so mad!See this card on Hearthpwn in your hand at the time of reduction, as well as several low-cost spells that can damage your opponent, such as Eviscerate Eviscerate Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Rogue Rarity: Common Cost: 2 Abilities: Combo, Deal damage Deal 2 damage. Combo: Deal 4 damage instead.There is a high cost to Eviscerating your opponent: It takes a long or Frostbolt Frostbolt Set: Basic Type: Spell Class: Mage Cost: 2 Abilities: Deal damage, Freeze Deal 3 damage to a character and Freeze it.It is customary to yell "Chill out!" or "Freeze!" or "Ice ice, baby!" when , you can play the spells on the same turn as Malygos instead of hoping that he survives until your next turn. This is especially useful for Miracle Rogue "I got the best deals anywhere." Miracle Rogue is a Rogue combo deck, aiming to control the board in the early game with spells and the rogue Hero Power Dagger Mastery, and in the mid-game and Freeze Mage In her youth, Jaina considered a career in law enforcement. "Freeze! Mage!" Freeze Mage is a type of mage control deck which uses Freeze effects and board-wide removal to delay the game until it can decks.
With 6 or more other cards in your hand, Thaurissan can be expected to effectively refund its own mana cost by reducing the cost of the player`s other cards. If Thaurissan is allowed to survive for multiple turns, the advantage will stack, making him even more rewarding.
Compared to other 6- drops "Drop" is a colloquial term used to describe a minion of a specific mana cost. For instance, a "3-drop" is a minion which costs 3 mana, such as a Silverback Patriarch. The term may be in the game like Sylvanas Sylvanas Windrunner Set: Hall of Fame Type: Minion Rarity: Legendary Cost: 6 Attack: 5 Health: 5 Abilities: Deathrattle, Take control Tags: Random Deathrattle: Take control of a random enemy minion.Sylvanas was turned into the Banshee or Cairne Bloodhoof Cairne Bloodhoof Set: Classic Type: Minion Rarity: Legendary Cost: 6 Attack: 4 Health: 5 Abilities: Deathrattle, Summon Deathrattle: Summon a 4/5 Baine Bloodhoof.Cairne was killed by Garrosh, so... don t put this guy in a Warrior - his effect doesn`t have an impact on the board. On the other hand he can give you a huge tempo Tempo is an unofficial term that describes which way the "momentum" of a match is going, as well as a label for decks which aim to keep tempo on their side. It is one of lead in the following turns. His stats are below average for mana cost, but are made up for by his potentially powerful effect.
In a rare combination with Aviana Aviana Set: The Grand Tournament Type: Minion Class: Druid Rarity: Legendary Cost: 9 Attack: 5 Health: 5 Abilities: Modify cost Tags: Ongoing effect Your minions cost (1).Call her "Tweety". She ll find it real funny. I and Thaurissan, it will lead to your minions all being free the next turn, assuming your opponent doesn`t kill Aviana the turn you execute this combo.
In Arena A video explaining the Arena in Hearthstone made by the Curse Gamepedia @@@#@@@YouTube(youtube.com)###@### Channel. The Arena is a game mode where players compete against each other using specially constructed decks to earn substantial rewards. It , Thaurissan is average when compared against many other legendaries due to his small impact on the state of the board. His effect is powerful, but in Arena you are more likely to be playing cards when compared to Constructed Constructed is a term used to refer to decks which have been created using cards from the player s collection. Constructed play is play in either Play mode, Practice mode or Friendly Challenge. Some Tavern Brawls . His value in constructed decks also benefits from making combos cheaper which you are unlikely to have in Arena. Other legendaries like Ragnaros the Firelord or Dr. Boom Dr. Boom Set: Goblins vs Gnomes Type: Minion Rarity: Legendary Cost: 7 Attack: 7 Health: 7 Abilities: Battlecry, Summon Tags: Mech-generating Battlecry: Summon two 1/1 Boom Bots. WARNING: Bots may explode.MARVEL AT HIS MIGHT!See this will have stonger board presence and make better trades.
- This card`s triggered effect The lightning bolt icon, explicitly indicating a triggered effect Triggered effects are effects that activate in response to specific events. Triggered effects may belong to minions, weapons or spells (in the form of Secrets), as creates a cost-modification enchantment attached to each card in your hand that reduces by 1 the mana cost The mana cost of a card or Hero Power determines how much mana is required to play that card from the hand or to use that Hero Power. The number is displayed inside a blue of that card. In particular:
- Multiple enchantments created by this card`s effect stack as usual, further reducing the mana cost of cards in your hand at the end of each of your turns.
- The mana cost of a card cannot be reduced below 0. Be that as it may, further cost-reductions can help in countering cost-increasing effects like Freezing Trap Freezing Trap Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Hunter Rarity: Common Cost: 2 Abilities: Modify cost, Return to hand, Secret Tags: Combat-related, Triggered effect Secret: When an enemy minion attacks, return it to its owner s hand and Loatheb Loatheb Set: Naxxramas Type: Minion Rarity: Legendary Cost: 5 Attack: 5 Health: 5 Abilities: Battlecry, Modify cost Tags: Spell-related Battlecry: Enemy spells cost (5) more next turn.Loatheb used to be a simple Bog Beast. This .
- Since the cost-modification enchantments are attached to the cards, they are not removed if Emperor Thaurissan is removed from play.
- By the power of Ragnaros Ragnaros the Firelord Set: Hall of Fame Type: Minion Subtype: Elemental Rarity: Legendary Cost: 8 Attack: 8 Health: 8 Abilities: Deal damage Tags: Random, Triggered effect Can t attack. At the end of your turn, deal , I have the power!
- His quote upon summoning is a parody of He-Man`s catchphrase, the protagonist from the Masters of the Universe franchise.
- Despite his flavor text and Nefarian Nefarian Set: Blackrock Mountain Type: Minion Subtype: Dragon Rarity: Legendary Cost: 9 Attack: 8 Health: 8 Abilities: Battlecry, Generate Tags: Class-related, Random, Spell-generating Battlecry: Add 2 random spells to your hand (from your opponent s class).They `s opening dialogue in Thaurissan`s boss encounter The subject of this article is part of theBlackrock Mountain adventure. Emperor Thaurissan Set: Blackrock Mountain Type: Hero Health: 30 (Normal)30 (Heroic) Armor: 15 (Heroic) Emperor Thaurissan and his wife defend the entrance to the , Emperor Dagran Thaurissan was not responsible for summoning Ragnaros. Ragnaros was in fact summoned many years earlier by Dagran`s ancestor Sorcerer-Thane Thaurissan, who perished in the process.