"Elusive" is an unofficial term used to refer to minions Bloodfen Raptor, a simple minion card. A Beast-type minion, it has 3 Attack, 2 Health and a mana cost of 2. Minions are persistent creatures on the battlefield that will fight for their hero. Minion that cannot be targeted by spells Fireball, a simple mage spell. It costs 4 mana, dealing 6 damage to a chosen target. Spell cards are cards that can be played to trigger a one time effect or ability, described in the or Hero Powers Anduin Wrynn with the basic priest Hero Power Lesser Heal A Hero Power is a special ability displayed to the right of each hero s portrait. Usually Hero Powers can be used once per turn and .
While no official keyword is used to denote the ability A selection of minions, each with its own ability. From left to right: Divine Shield, Deathrattle, a triggered effect, and Spell Damage. Abilities are special effects, powers, or behaviors found on cards. For spell cards, , precisely the same text is found on several cards: Can`t be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.
Elusive is generally considered a valuable ability, which substantially increases the survivability of a minion. As a result, elusive minions are usually mana-inefficient for their stats and other effects.
Elusive prevents the opponent from removing or affecting the minion using spells or Hero Powers. The opponent is forced to tackle them using combat, or untargeted effects. This can prevent the opponent from being able to counter the minion, either forcing them into disadvantageous trades, or leaving them powerless to stop your attacks. It can also catch them by surprise, rendering otherwise effective strategies ineffective.
Elusive minions are therefore most effective against spell-heavy decks and those which rely on targeted Hero Power usage (primarily mage Contents 1 Heroes 2 Overview 3 Background 4 Hero Power 5 Strategy and gameplay 5.1 Common deck types 5.2 Counters 6 Spells 6.1 Uncollectible 7 Minions 7.1 Uncollectible 8 Leveling rewards 8.1 Starting cards 8.2 ). Decks such as Zoo A zoo deck is a deck focused around a large amount of low and medium cost minions. Zoo decks generally aim to flood the board with minions, overwhelming the opponent and achieving victory through board which rely on filling the board with minions and contain few spells, are minimally impacted by elusive minions, and these are generally less than optimal choices against such decks.
While elusive is mostly advantageous to the controlling player, by preventing the player from buffing or otherwise targeting the minion it can end up a hindrance. This is most significant for decks which focus on useful spell buffs, such as Blessing of Kings Blessing of Kings Set: Basic Type: Spell Class: Paladin Cost: 4 Give a minion +4/+4. (+4 Attack/+4 Health)Given the number of kings who have been assassinated, are you sure you want their blessing?See this card and Mark of Nature Mark of Nature Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Druid Rarity: Common Cost: 3 Abilities: Choose One, Taunt Tags: Taunt-granting Choose One - Give a minion +4 Attack; or +4 Health and Taunt.Druids call it the , and those with friendly Hero Power usage (almost exclusively priest The Priest is one of the nine classes in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, represented by Anduin Wrynn and Tyrande Whisperwind. Contents 1 Heroes 2 Overview 3 Background 4 Hero Power 4.1 Replacement Hero Powers 5 ), preventing elusive minions from being granted useful effects, or being healed using Lesser Heal Lesser Heal Type: Hero Power Class: Priest Cost: 2 Abilities: Restore Health Hero Power Restore 2 Health.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Lesser Heal is the priest s basic Hero Power. Contents 1 Notes 2 . Be that as it may, note that Battlecries can still be targeted on the elusive minion.
- Elusive minions cannot be targeted by spells Fireball, a simple mage spell. It costs 4 mana, dealing 6 damage to a chosen target. Spell cards are cards that can be played to trigger a one time effect or ability, described in the or Hero Powers Anduin Wrynn with the basic priest Hero Power Lesser Heal A Hero Power is a special ability displayed to the right of each hero s portrait. Usually Hero Powers can be used once per turn and from either player, such as Kill Command Kill Command Set: Basic Type: Spell Class: Hunter Cost: 3 Abilities: Deal damage Tags: Beast-related Deal 3 damage. If you have a Beast, deal 5 damage instead."Kill!", he commanded.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] or Lesser Heal Lesser Heal Type: Hero Power Class: Priest Cost: 2 Abilities: Restore Health Hero Power Restore 2 Health.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Lesser Heal is the priest s basic Hero Power. Contents 1 Notes 2 .
- Elusive minions can be targeted by Battlecries Battlecry is an ability where a particular effect activates when the card with the Battlecry is played directly from the hand. Although mostly limited to minions, some weapons also have Battlecries. Activation of Battlecries are and minion Combo Combo is an ability where the stated effect occurs if the card is not the first one played during the turn. Cards with this ability are limited to the rogue class. The term "combo" is effects, such as Temple Enforcer Temple Enforcer Set: Classic Type: Minion Class: Priest Rarity: Common Cost: 6 Attack: 6 Health: 6 Abilities: Battlecry Battlecry: Give a friendly minion +3 Health.He also moonlights Thursday nights as a bouncer at the Pig or SI:7 Agent.
- Elusive minions can be affected by area of effect Area of effect (AoE) is the term for an effect which affects all characters of the specified type. Common targets for AoEs include all enemy minions, all minions, and all characters. AoE is defined in and randomly Yogg-Saron, arguably the most random card ever released Random effects are effects which include some degree of randomness or RNG (random number generation). Random effects introduce an element of chance into Hearthstone. They can be targeted effects, such as Lightning Storm Lightning Storm Set: Classic Type: Spell Class: Shaman Rarity: Rare Cost: 3 Abilities: Deal damage, Overload Tags: Area of effect, Random Deal 2-3 damage to all enemy minions. Overload: (2)An umbrella won t be effective, I m or Arcane Missiles Arcane Missiles Set: Basic Type: Spell Class: Mage Cost: 1 Abilities: Deal damage Tags: Random Deal 3 damage randomly split among all enemies.You d think you d be able to control your missiles a little better since .
- Elusive minions can be targeted by both minion and hero attacks This page describes the act of attacking. For the Attack attribute, see Attribute. Attacking or combat is what occurs when a player commands one character to attack another, causing them to simultaneously deal damage to , even if the attack involves using a spell (such as Heroic Strike Heroic Strike Set: Basic Type: Spell Class: Warrior Cost: 2 Give your hero +4 Attack this turn.Really, if you re a hero, this is every strike.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Heroic Strike is a or Blessing of Kings Blessing of Kings Set: Basic Type: Spell Class: Paladin Cost: 4 Give a minion +4/+4. (+4 Attack/+4 Health)Given the number of kings who have been assassinated, are you sure you want their blessing?See this card ) or Hero Power (such as Dagger Mastery Dagger Mastery Type: Hero Power Class: Rogue Cost: 2 Abilities: Equip Tags: Weapon-generating Hero Power Equip a 1/2 Dagger.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Dagger Mastery is the rogue s basic Hero Power. Contents 1 or Shapeshift Shapeshift Type: Hero Power Class: Druid Cost: 2 Abilities: Gain Armor Hero Power +1 Attack this turn. +1 Armor.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Shapeshift is the druid s basic Hero Power. Contents 1 Notes ).
While many consistent abilities such as Taunt The shield-like Taunt visual effect Taunt is a minion ability which forces the opposing player to direct any melee attacks toward enemy targets with this ability. Minions with Taunt (commonly referred to as Taunts) serve , Stealth A minion in Stealth Stealth is a minion ability which prevents that minion from being the target of enemy attacks, spells and effects until they attack or deal damage. They can, be that as it may, be the target and Divine Shield An Argent Squire with Divine Shield in place Divine Shield is an ability which causes a minion to ignore the next damage it receives. Upon receiving any damage the Divine Shield is removed, and that are denoted by a specific keyword, the "elusive" ability is not. This is due to the developers` desire to balance the pros and cons of keyword use; while keywords make it easier in cases where they are frequently encountered, when such examples are rare, keywords can actually serve to make understanding cards harder, requiring players to mouse over cards to examine their abilities. Elusive is particularly tricky because it has more than one effect, protecting the minion from both spells and Hero Powers, but not Battlecries or attacks.
Ben Brode Ben Brode Type: Minion Rarity: Legendary Cost: 3 Attack: 4 Health: 1 Your volume can t be reduced below maximum.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] "There is no way to contain the Brode." - Yong has stated that the elusive ability was "right on the razor`s edge" regarding whether or not to create a keyword for it. Yong Woo Yong Woo Type: Minion Rarity: Legendary Cost: 5 Attack: 3 Health: 2 Your other minions have +3 Attack and Charge.See this card on Hearthpwn data page] Yong Woo is a Blizzard employee, member of Team has also stated that it is possible in the future that a keyword will be added for the "elusive" ability - should there come to be a sufficient number of minions with that behaviour in the game. The team have considered names including "Shroud", "Untargetable" and "Ethereal".
For more information on why some abilities have keywords and others do not, see Abilities#Keyword creation.
- This section contains information exclusive to Wild format Wild format or Wild is one of Hearthstone s two game formats, the other being Standard format. Wild format appears in game modes in which players are allowed to play decks without the deck restrictions of .
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Spectral Knight Spectral Knight Set: Naxxramas Type: Minion Rarity: Common Cost: 5 Attack: 4 Health: 6 Abilities: Elusive Can t be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.What do Faerie Dragons and Spectral Knights have in common? They both||Common||Minion||Any||5||4||6||Can`t be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.What do Faerie Dragons and Spectral Knights have in common? They both love pasta!|
|Arcane Nullifier X-21||Rare||Minion||Mech||Any||4||2||5|| Taunt The shield-like Taunt visual effect Taunt is a minion ability which forces the opposing player to direct any melee attacks toward enemy targets with this ability. Minions with Taunt (commonly referred to as Taunts) serve |
Can`t be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.There was some hard talk between gnome magi and engineers about inventing this mech.
|Wee Spellstopper Wee Spellstopper Set: Goblins vs Gnomes Type: Minion Class: Mage Rarity: Epic Cost: 4 Attack: 2 Health: 5 Abilities: Elusive Tags: Ongoing effect, Positional effect Adjacent minions can t be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.Bane||Epic||Minion||Mage||4||2||5||Adjacent minions can`t be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.Bane of spellcasters and spelling bees everywhere.|
|Showing all 3 cards|
- The removed card Removed cards are valid Hearthstone cards which have been removed from play. These cards can no longer be collected or found in-game. All of the current list of removed cards were removed during the related Grounding Totem The subject of this article has been removed from Hearthstone. Grounding TotemFile:Grounding Totem.png Type: Minion Subtype: Totem Class: Shaman Abilities: Elusive Tags: Ongoing effect Your other minions can t be targeted by enemy spells or Hero had the text, "Your other minions can`t be targeted by enemy spells or Hero Powers." This would have made it by far the most powerful Elusive card in the game, with its ongoing effect The welling of light indicating an ongoing effect Ongoing effects are minion, weapon, and boss Hero Power abilities which grant special effects on an ongoing basis. Ongoing effects are often referred to as auras, particularly capable of granting the effect to a whole board of minions. Notably the text appears to either be in error (specifying only enemy spells and Hero Powers), or represent an earlier version of the ability.