The 2017 Hearthstone World Championship is the fourth year of the Hearthstone World Championship A map of the qualification process towards the 2016 Hearthstone World Championship. The Hearthstone World Championship is the official Hearthstone world championship and the finale for the Hearthstone Championship Tour. Each year, the Championship gathers and the finale for the 2017 Hearthstone Championship Tour. It will take place in Jan. 2018.
The top four players from each of the regional Season Playoffs get to compete in the corresponding global Season Championship, and the top-performing players in the Season Championships get to compete in the Hearthstone World Championship. The 2017 Hearthstone World Championship is set to take place in Jan. 2018.
- Season Playoffs
- Winter, Spring, and Summer Playoffs take place toward the end of their respective seasons. These playoffs determine who moves on to the Season Championships.
- Season Championship
- Sixteen players comprised of the top four players from each region will face off in the Season Championship to compete for a portion of a $250,000 prize pool and a spot in the Hearthstone World Championship.
- World Championship
- The Hearthstone World Championship will take place in Jan. 2018. In this final showdown, the top 4 winners from each of the Seasonal Championships as well as the top overall Hearthstone Competitive Point earners from each region will compete for a piece of the $1 million prize pool and the fourth title of Hearthstone World Champion.
Changes since last year
The format for the Hearthstone Championship Tour has changed from the previous year. The following list includes some of the key changes made for the 2017 Hearthstone Championship Tour:
- Season Championships are no longer regional and are now condensed from nine Championships into three global Season Championships, seeing players battling against each other across different regions Hearthstone is divided into four geographical regions: Americas, Europe, Asia and China. Each country Hearthstone is available to play in is assigned to one of these regions. Each player by default uses their Battle.net account in each Season Championship. These three Season Championships are titled the Winter, Spring, and Summer Championships, named similarly to those of the previous year. Each Season Championship will take place at a select host region, and will be held in public spectator venues.
- "Season Preliminaries" from the previous year have been retitled as "Season Playoffs" and remain region-based. Each of the 4 regions (Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and China) will send 4 representatives to the Season Championships each season. Each Season Playoff will use the Swiss Tournament format and continue to include local Tavern Heroes, but will be more competitive to qualify for and will include deeper prizing to reward more participants.
- HCT tournaments are now synced with the Standard year Standard format, or Standard, is one of Hearthstone s two game formats, the other being Wild format. Standard format is intended to featureSpecial attraction a fresher and more focused Hearthstone experience, with a limited pool of cards and each global Season Championship will take place during its own content cycle and expansion Expansions are major card set additions to the game of Hearthstone. Expansions introduce large amounts of cards into the game, in contrast to adventures, 1] with expansions featuring around 130-145 new cards and adventures only release. The World Championship will take place at the end of each Standard year.
- The amount of points earned from tournaments Tournaments in Hearthstone are comprised of official Blizzard-sanctioned tournaments and unofficial non-Blizzard-sanctioned tournaments. Contents 1 Competitive formats 1.1 Conquest 1.2 Last Hero Standing 2 Official tournaments 2.1 Hearthstone Championship Tour 2.2 Hearthstone Collegiate National Championship and Ranked Play The 25 numbered ranks in Ranked play. Ranked (also known as Ranked Play) is the serious side of Play mode, with players able to earn special ranks to reflect their prowess in battle this season. mode have been adjusted to be more evenly distributed to include more players. Changes to the Cup system were also made. Cup events on the Hearthstone Championship Tour are the most numerous and offer the greatest number of chances for the greatest number of players to join the HCT tournament system. Points can only be earned from one Cup event per month and a player`s best Cup result for the month will be the only result used to grant Hearthstone Competitive points. HC points from Ranked Play began with the Nov. 2016 Standard Ranked Play season.
- The total HCT prize pool will be over $2 million USD. The World Championship will continue to have a $1 million USD prize pool, each Season Championship will have a prize pool of a quarter million USD, and each Season Playoff will have at least $20,000 USD in prizing.
Instead of taking place during Blizzcon in the fall, breaking the tradition of previous years, the 2017 Hearthstone World Championship will now take place in Jan. 2018, to accommodate the timing of the Standard year rotation Standard format, or Standard, is one of Hearthstone s two game formats, the other being Wild format. Standard format is intended to feature a fresher and more focused Hearthstone experience, with a limited pool of cards .
- Please add any available information to this section.
- Please add any available information to this section.
The 2017 Winter Championship was held in the Bahamas on Mar. 23, 2017 with a $250,000 prize pool. Sixteen players from around the globe earned their spot in the HCT Winter Championship to compete for their share of the $250,000 prize pool and a seat at the Hearthstone World Championship. Four groups of four players (one from each region) will compete in a double-elimination tournament format until only eight remain, at which point the competition will shift to a single-elimination bracket. All matches were played in a Conquest Tournaments in Hearthstone are comprised of official Blizzard-sanctioned tournaments and unofficial non-Blizzard-sanctioned tournaments. Contents 1 Competitive formats 1.1 Conquest 1.2 Last Hero Standing 2 Official tournaments 2.1 Hearthstone Championship Tour 2.2 Hearthstone Collegiate National Championship format with a ban.
The Winter Championship is the only event in the 2017 HCT cycle that is played using the Year of the Kraken as part of its then-current Standard format. The Spring season and the remainder of the 2017 Championship Tour will use the new Standard year, the Year of the Mammoth, for their Standard formats.
The Asia-Pacific Winter Playoffs now have the same structure as the Europe and Americas Playoffs and include a Tavern Hero Tournament.
- HCT Winter Championship overview - Reddit
- Winter Championship
- Winter Championship - Brackets
- Winter Championship decklists - Hearthpwn
- Winter Championship video playlist - YouTube
- Europe Winter Playoffs decklists - Hearthpwn
- Americas Winter Playoffs decklists - Hearthpwn
- Asia-Pacific Winter Playoffs decklists - Hearthpwn