Release status for entries are largely speculative. They are roughly categorized as follows:
- Pending - Item is being prepared for future release, usually in a Treasure Treasures Changelogs Treasures are purchasable boxes that contain cosmetic items. They are obtained through the Dota 2 Store, charms, or the item drop system. Each treasure can be opened once to , a League Bundle, or through an Event In-game Events are held annually, and for one-time promotional purposes. Events often come with special game modes, as well as limited trophies, cosmetic items and more. Contents 1 Annual Events 1.1 Diretide 1.2 Frostivus 1.3 .
- Delayed - Item is being held for technical or other issues, but will probably still be released in the future.
- Shelved - Item has been set aside indefinitely, and may or may not ever be released. Models and/or entries usually remain in client.
- Scrapped - Item has been abandoned due to thematic, copyright, commercial or other issues. Not likely to ever be released. Models and/or entries usually removed from client.
- Unknown - No reliable information.
Click on column headers to sort by status, name, or last update.
This is a list of unreleased content. Only official content, confirmed in the client or leaked by Valve This topic is covered better by other wikis or sites. Please see the following links instead: Valve Corporation on Wikipedia Valve on the Valve Developer Wiki Valve Corporation Company Year Founded Aug. 24, 1996 Management , is listed. As development of Dota 2 is mostly confidential, whether or not an item or featureSpecial attraction will be released is highly speculative.
|Game Modes||Easy Mode - Weaker Towers, increased experience gain, more periodic gold, and no gold lost upon death.||2012-02-16||Shelved|
|TagTeam - You are assigned two random heroes (different hero classes). You choose which to start the game with. You start with the same bonus gold as all random.||2012-02-16||Shelved|
|Balanced Draft - Each team is given 5 heroes that are automatically selected with an attempt to balance roles.||2014-01-29||Shelved|| |
|Creep: Drakken Camp||??||Scrapped|| |
|Creep: Stalker Camp||??||Unknown|| |
|Hero Voice Responses||Taunt responses: Nature`s Prophet, Juggernaut, Tinker||2012-03-01||Scrapped|
|Watching a replay of a specific hero: Nature`s Prophet, Juggernaut|
|Equipping comsetic items: Nature`s Prophet, Juggernaut|
|HUD Skins with built-in Loading Screens|| |
(For Jungle Ruin)
|Incognito Mode||Toggling this setting will hide your Dota 2 Profile from other players as well as allow you to enter and use a different Profile Name. The setting will override any preferences you may have set for `PROFILE PRIVACY` in Global Settings.||2013-09-16||Shelved|
|Rewards for Friend Recruiting||2014-03-07||Shelved|
|Community Sparkle||A sparkling effect for cosmetic items with Self-Made or Community qualities.||2014-06-30||Delayed|| |
|Pregame Showcase|| |
Camera pans over each player`s hero while game is loading. Can edit movie, cosmetic items, hero poses, and display player stats. Likely replaced by the new pre-game interface in 7.00.
|"Red Ghost"||2014-09-04||Unknown|| |
|Unused Shopkeeper models||Unknown|| |
The following is a list of cosmetic items that have appeared in the client, but were either removed or remain unreleased. During the early days of the cosmetic items system, many scrapped Workshop submissions made brief appearances in the client, likely because a formal vetting system had not yet been established. Most of those items are not listed here unless it received significant attention from Valve.
|"Gryphon" Set||2013-09-16||Delayed|| |
|Wrathful Helmet||2014-10-30||Pending|| |
|Shattered Crystals Pack||2014-10-30||Shelved|
|"Molten Helm & Shoulder"||2012-05-31||Scrapped|| |
|Bloodstone Blades||2013-11-14||Shelved|| |
|Vicious Fang Trophy||2014-10-30||Delayed|
|Brawler`s Hard Helm||2013-09-16||Scrapped|
|Smashing Brawler`s Shirt||2013-09-16||Scrapped|| |
|"Twin Tails" Set||2013-09-16||Scrapped|
|Cavalier of Anarchy||2014-11-20||Pending|
|"Crystal Embrace" Set||2012-10-04||Scrapped|