- Double clicking the item while being at least 1500 range away from the team`s fountain Fountain Building Level 1 Health 500 Health regeneration 0 Armor 0 Magic resistance 0% Attack damage 190‒199 Acquisition range 1200 Attack range 1200 Base attack time 0.15 Attack animation 0+0 Projectile speed 1400 Collision size , automatically targets the fountain`s location.
- If multiple heroes teleport to the same location within the check duration, the channeling time increases for each successive hero.
- The first channel takes 3 seconds, the second 5 seconds, and all following channels take 0.5 seconds longer than the previous one.
- Only teleports within 1150 radius of towers are counted. Teleports outside of tower range do not increase the channel time.
- Only teleports from other Town Portal Scrolls are counted. Other sources of teleport Teleportation is a form of movement in Dota that instantly moves a target from one point to another. The most common teleports are Blink Dagger s Blink and Town Portal Scroll s Teleport. Teleports can be distinguishing (e.g. Boots of Travel) are ignored.
- The teleports do not have to succeed. A canceled teleport still counts and increases following teleport`s channeling time.
- When targeting far away from buildings, it teleports to the closest building, 575 range away from it.
- Has a max distance of 250 when targeting the shrines Shrine Building Level 0 Health 1500 Health regeneration 0 Armor 20 Magic resistance 0% Collision size 96 Vision range 0 • 0 (G) Bounty 0 (+ 125) Experience 0 Notes Abilities: Backdoor Protection Sanctuary Main outside of the base.
- During the channeling Warlock channeling Upheaval Channeling an ability causes the caster to stop acting for the duration of the spell. Channeled spells may be ended when the channeling unit takes another action or is interrupted by another , the teleport destination is marked with a visual effect in the same color as the player and a sound is played.
- Both are visible and audible to everyone. The visual effect is also visible on teleporting invisible enemies.
- Also marks the point on the mini-map for allies. The mark is in the player`s color and lasts as long as the channeling does.
- Provides 200 range flying vision Vision changes around while the hero moves. Vision describes what a unit can and cannot see from its current location and state. Places a unit cannot see are filled with the Fog of War, a at the destination point for the whole channel duration, even if cancelled. The vision lingers for 1 second.
- The teleport is not cancelled when the target building is destroyed during the channeling.
Every hero should try to always carry a Town Portal Scroll, with a few exceptions such as Nature`s Prophet in the early game who has a Teleportation spell. In the late stages of a game the Town Portal Scroll may be replaced by Boots of Travel. While many new players rely on Town Portal Scrolls to exclusively go between their lane and spawn, teleporting to gank enemies and defend towers is incredibly important at all levels of play.
The Town Portal Scroll is also used to escape death and unwanted situations, such as ganks, by teleporting to a safe location. Teleporting will disjoint most but not all projectiles targeted at the user. This usage is important to gameplay as players will rely on the Scroll to facilitate split pushing, ganks, and other strategic movement around the map. Additionally this makes some heroes, such as Bloodseeker and Venomancer, easier to escape from as these heroes do not have any spell that can break the channeling of the teleport.
Along with Smoke of Deceit the Town Portal Scroll should be a priority when playing support. In most cases it precedes importance over Brown Boots. Generally considered your first item as a support you buy at the side shop. Versus very passive opponents where you don`t have to TP to defend dives, the money can be banked for boots or Smokes for roaming.
|Item||Changelogs Item Changelogs Contents 1 Version history 2 Patch history Version history edit] Version Changes 7.03 Increased Teleport cooldown from 70 to 80. 7.00 Teleport no longer destroys trees within 200 radius|
The Town Portal Scroll is an item Play “Singing trio.” It has been suggested that this article or section be split into multiple new articles. Reason given: The shop should get its own page Discussion to support or oppose the split should be purchasable at the Main Shop, under Consumables Play “Singing trio.” It has been suggested that this article or section be split into multiple new articles. Reason given: The shop should get its own page Discussion to support or oppose the split should be , and at the Side Lane Shop The Side Lane Shops are two extra shops located on the Radiant side of the bottom lane and the Dire side of the top lane, near the river. The Side Lane Shop sells certain items .
- Town Portal Scrolls are arguably the most important mobility items in the game and should be carried by every hero. They can easily prevent deaths or make kills possible when used correctly.
- When getting ganked, the teleport can be used to escape. Be that as it may, one has to make sure first that the enemy cannot interrupt the teleport, by either waiting until they use their disables first, or by hiding/obstructing vision in case of single-target disables and teleport while they have no vision.
- Inversely, they can also be used to teleport to help an ally who is getting ganked. The incoming teleport may cause enemies to retreat and give up chasing the ally and thus not get a kill, or they still go for it and risk losing some of their heroes in return. It is well worth to cancel the teleport if the enemy decides to give up chasing, costing the player 50 gold, but preventing the enemy from gaining gold and the ally from losing gold and time.
- Their very cheap cost makes it very easy to buy them frequently, which is fully worth it, even in the very late game. One should only stop carrying teleport scrolls when having Boots of Travel Item Changelogs Boots of TravelB Winged boots that grant omnipresence. Cost2400 (2000) Bought FromCommon Active Teleport Bonus +100 Movement speed Disassemble? No Alert allies? No Recipe The Boots of Travel are , or when feeling safe enough and having other sources of high mobility.
- As a carry, Town Portal Scrolls can be used to speed up farming, by teleporting from lane to lane after clearing the waves through to the enemy`s next tower. Instead of having to walk to another place to farm, the teleport can be used to instantly get to the next farm location and keep on farming.
- In the lategame, teleport scrolls are crucial to fight against split-pushing enemies. When being far away from a tower which is getting pushed, a teleport is the only way to get there fast and defend the tower. This also goes for base-racing. When the enemy team is faster, teleporting back to base to defend can be the game-winning move.
- Stacks with itself in the inventory.
- Town Portal Scroll is completely shareable Items Item Sharing Disassembling Recipes Item Sounds Item Grid Changelogs As a rule, items in Dota 2 cannot be shared with other heroes. The purchasing hero .
- In the original DotA, this item was called "Scroll of Town Portal".
Town Portal Scroll (also known as Teleport Scroll, TP Scroll, or simply TP) is a basic fast travel item purchasable at the Home Shop and Side Shop under Consumables. It is fully shareable and stacks with itself in the inventory.
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|
WC3 DotA Version
- Warcraft III DotA - Scroll of Town Portal