Striding fearlessly toward his enemies, Wraith King stuns his foes an
|Ostarion, the Skeleton King|
|Play "Bone is strongest where it`s mended."|
|Role:||Durable / Carry / Disabler|
|Lore Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs See also: Wraith King/Lore. Ostarion, the Skeleton King The victim of a :||The victim of a longevity spell that backfired, the Skeleton King Ostarion has built an empire from the bones of his enemies. He lives only to extend his reach, for as long as he is perpetually building and adding to his domain he cannot die. The walls of his palace are formed of fired bone; the streets are paved with bones of every sort of creature and every enemy; and even the wood and other natural featuresSpecial attraction of his land have been swept away and replaced with replicas formed of bone. From the Ivory Forest to Ostarion`s towering Throne of Bone, nothing happens in the Empire of Bones without the full knowledge of its Skeleton King.|
|Voice:||Dave Fennoy ( Responses Play “More pages for my Black Grimoire!” This article or section contains content that has been removed from the game or store. It exists solely for archival purposes. Hero Strategy Counters Equipment )|
- Hellfire Blast travels at a speed of 1000 and can be disjointed Shadow Fiend using a Blink Dagger to dodge Phantom Assassin s Stifling Dagger Disjointing is the act of dodging projectiles, or rather, to cause a projectile to fully lose track of its target. A disjoint is .
- Deals the base damage instantly upon hitting, and the damage over time in 1 second intervals, starting immediately after the stun.
- Can deal up to 80/160/230/300 damage (before reductions).
- The lifesteal is not a Unique Attack Modifier Unique Attack Modifiers (abbreviated UAM; formerly known as Orb Effects) are special attack modifiers that cannot be used simultaneously with each other—one always takes priority. They may be provided by abilities (e.g. Anti-Mage s Mana Break), , so it stacks additively with all other sources of lifesteal.
- Cannot lifesteal Lifesteal allows the attacking unit to gain health when damaging an enemy, which includes any attack modifier with attack damage. The lifesteal ability can be gained via items, passive abilities or the auras of other off of siege creeps Lane creeps are a form of creep that automatically move down the three lanes towards the enemy faction s base. Each and every 30 seconds a new group (the creep wave) spawns for each faction at , wards This page is about in-game units. For cosmetic pets, see Summoned Unit. Summons are a type of units that are created with spells. Players do not encounter them, unless they play as, with or against , buildings Buildings are special units that are immune to most spells, use structure armor, and are immobile. Destroying a building rewards you with a bounty, similar to most creeps or heroes. Destroying towers rewards the entire and allied units.
- The aura Auras are passive abilities that grant a buff or debuff to units in an area of effect around the holder, or in some cases, over a short period at a targeted point or unit. By `s buff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- Unlike other critical strikes Critical strike is a passive ability that gives a chance to deal bonus damage on a successful attack. Contents 1 Mechanics 2 Stacking 3 Interaction with other passive abilities 4 Sources of chance-based critical strike , this one also works against wards This page is about in-game units. For cosmetic pets, see Summoned Unit. Summons are a type of units that are created with spells. Players do not encounter them, unless they play as, with or against .
- Mortal Strike uses pseudo-random distribution.
- The sound and particles play upon start of the attack, not when the attack lands.
- Increases attack damage by an average of 7.5%/15%/22.5%/30%.
- Skeleton King does not revive if he does not have enough mana.
- If Skeleton King has an Aegis of the Immortal For the physical trophy awarded after The International, see Aegis of Champions. Item Old Abilities Changelogs Aegis of the Immortal The Immortal was said to own a shield that protected and Reincarnation off cooldown, the latter triggers first.
- Reincarnation cannot be prevented in any way as long as Skeleton King has enough mana and the ability is off cooldown.
- Slow is applied at the beginning of the revival, not the end.
Ostarion, the Skeleton King, is a powerful melee Attack range is the range at which a hero may perform his or her basic attack on another unit. There are two main subdivisions of attacks: melee and ranged. Attack range can be extended by strength Strength is the attribute that grants health and health regeneration. For each point of strength a hero gets: 20 Health 0.06 Health regeneration Additionally, strength heroes also get 1 attack damage per strength point. To hero Main Mechanics Attributes Table Release Dates Grid Layout Heroes are the essential element of Dota 2, as the course of the match is dependent on their intervention. During , capable of taking plenty of damage before dying. His ultimate Abilities are unique skills that heroes and creeps have access to on the battlefield. They range from simple passive effects, to devastating explosions of energy, to complex, terrain changing feats. All heroes have four or allows him to rise again, acting like an Aegis of the Immortal For the physical trophy awarded after The International, see Aegis of Champions. Item Old Abilities Changelogs Aegis of the Immortal The Immortal was said to own a shield that protected , making him especially difficult to kill. He also has a nuke that deals reliable damage and stuns Stun is a status effect that prevents active actions like moving, turning, using spells or items, but does not prevent passive abilities, such as evasion and Damage Block. Stuns also interrupt spell casts, channeling spells , and he is able to stay in his lane longer because of his passive lifesteal Lifesteal allows the attacking unit to gain health when damaging an enemy, which includes any attack modifier with attack damage. The lifesteal ability can be gained via items, passive abilities or the auras of other aura. He can become a hard carry in later stages of the game depending on his farm.
- Buying a Healing Salve or a Tango provides Ostarion with a decent amount of regeneration in the laning phase.
- Buying a Clarity gives Ostarion more opportunities to set up kills early on with Hellfire Blast.
- Starting with two Iron Branches give Skeleton King enough mana pool to cast Hellfire Blast two times at level 1.
- A Quelling Blade is an excellent starting item for Ostarion as it allows him to get last hits easier. It also makes Mortal Strike hit harder against creeps and increases the effectiveness of Vampiric Aura when attacking creeps.
- A Magic Stick can sometimes be the difference between a death and a kill. Its active usually grants enough mana to sustain Reincarnation.
- Boots of Speed provide an excellent boost of speed for any hero.
- A Helm of Iron Will can be built into an Armlet of Mordiggian later on and gives extra survivability in the form of armor and health regeneration.
- Magic Wand provides the same kind of benefit as the Magic Stick does, but it also provides a small amount of attributes. It makes great use of the earlier bought branches, making room for new items.
- Power Treads increases Ostarion`s damage per second; attribute switching can also make his limited mana pool go much further if the treads are switched to intelligence.
- Armlet of Mordiggian is Ostarion`s main DPS item. It is also easy to negate the health drain with the help of Vampiric Aura.
- Desolator makes Ostarion`s physical attacks to hit harder, especially against targets with already low armor. Vampiric Aura also benefits greatly from it, as it heals based on dealt damage after armor reduction.
- Black King Bar negates Ostarion`s main weakness: being chain-stunned and then burst down after Reincarnation. Furthermore, as long as he is not disabled, he can keep hitting enemies, healing himself up with his aura.
- Assault Cuirass increases Ostarion`s damage output by increasing his attack speed and further reducing enemy armor. The aura from this item also increases his team`s armor and attack speed. Since Skeleton King usually survives longer, the item`s aura provides more impact.
- Abyssal Blade not only gives Ostarion some health and a decent attack damage boost, it also gives his attacks a chance to bash and, on top of Hellfire Blast, another active stun which also pierces spell immunity, which is very handy as he is easy to run away from if his own stun is on cooldown.
- Heart of Tarrasque gives Ostarion a great health, health regeneration and attack damage boost, making him even harder to kill and harder to ignore.
- Heaven`s Halberd gives Ostarion some evasion against enemies which rely on their physical attacks, and lets him cut off an enemy carry from their primary source of damage for a while.
- Monkey King Bar increases Ostarion`s attack damage, counters enemies with evasion abilities or items such as Butterfly or Heaven`s Halberd, and provides him with a high chance to interrupt channeling spells when Hellfire Blast is not an option.
- Divine Rapier is an excellent item for Ostarion to get due to it not dropping if Reincarnation activates upon death, thus making it less likely for him to lose it. When carrying the Aegis of the Immortal For the physical trophy awarded after The International, see Aegis of Champions. Item Old Abilities Changelogs Aegis of the Immortal The Immortal was said to own a shield that protected , Ostarion has to die 3 times to lose the Rapier. The great damage boost also increases his endurance by improving his lifesteal Lifesteal allows the attacking unit to gain health when damaging an enemy, which includes any attack modifier with attack damage. The lifesteal ability can be gained via items, passive abilities or the auras of other aura`s returns.
Responses Play “More pages for my Black Grimoire!” This article or section contains content that has been removed from the game or store. It exists solely for archival purposes. Hero Strategy Counters Equipment
Lore Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs See also: Wraith King/Lore. Ostarion, the Skeleton King The victim of a
Old Abilities Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Pre 6.68 edit] Hellfire Blast (Pre 6.68) PlayQT AbilityTarget Unit AffectsEnemies DamageMagical
- In DotA, Ostarion was known as King Leoric. Leoric was a recurring boss in the Diablo franchise, another game made by Blizzard. He is an iconic boss in Diablo; he reprises his role in Diablo III, through the alias "Skeleton King."
Low Violence model
Ostarion, the Wraith King
|Carry Support Durable Disabler Initiator|
For untold years, King Ostarion built a kingdom from the remains of his enemies. It was an obsessive`s errand, done to pass the long eternities of a monarchy that seemed fated never to end. He believed that as long as he built up the towers of his palace, he could not die. But eventually he learned that he had been deluded...that bone itself could perish. Deeply mistrustful of flesh, he sought a more permanent way of extending his reign, and at last settled on pursuit of wraith energy, a form of pure spirit given off by certain dark souls at death. Should he infuse himself with Wraith Essence, he thought he might create a body as luminous and eternal as his ego. On the millennial solstice known as Wraith-Night, he submitted to a rite of transformation, compelling his subjects to harvest enough souls to fuel his ambition for immortality. No one knows how many of his champions died, for the only survivor who mattered was the Wraith King who rose with the sun on the following morn. Now he rarely spends a moment on his glowing throne⃢₀ₔbut strides out with sword drawn, demanding a fealty that extends far beyond death.
|+20% Vampiric Aura Lifesteal||25||No Reincarnation mana cost|
|+20 Strength||20||+40 Attack Speed|
|+50 Wraithfire Blast DPS||15||+15 Movement Speed|
|+10 Intelligence||10||+15 Damage|
|Starting Items||Early Game||Mid Game||Late Game|