- Eul`s Scepter of Divinity For the cosmetic item equipped by Crystal Maiden, see Eul s Scepter of Divinity (Equipment) Item Changelogs Known Bugs Eul s Scepter of DivinityB A mysterious scepter passed down through the ages, can cancel Skewer and prevent RP.
- Orchid Malevolence Item Changelogs Orchid MalevolenceB A garnet rod constructed from the essence of a fire demon. Cost4075 (775) Bought FromCaster Active Soul Burn Bonus +25 Intelligence+30 Attack speed+150% Mana regeneration+30 Attack damage `s instant silence can prevent RP.
- Force Staff For the cosmetic item equipped by Crystal Maiden, see Force Staff (Equipment) Item Changelogs Force StaffB Allows you to manipulate others, for good or evil. Cost2250 (400) Bought FromCaster Active Force can cancel skewer mid way.
Bad against...Alchemist Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Known Bugs Alchemist 25 + 2.1 11 + 1.2 25 +
- Magnus has very mediocre damage against Alchemist, because he can outlive the stun duration of reverse polarity with Chemical Rage.
- Night Stalker`s ultimate reduces vision for the enemy team, this makes it more difficult for Magnus to blink RP and initiate. It is more likely Night stalker will scout out Magnus with Aghanims and a gem, after which he can silence Magnus.
- Phoenix will usually be on the sidelines or further back ready to use Sun Ray. Even after you successfully use Reverse polarity and skewer Phoenix`s teammates, Phoenix can usually counter-initiate using all its spells.
- All of Magnus`s spells are perfect for Rubick to steal, especially RP for a counter initiation.
- Telekinesis is one of the best instant-disables in the game ruining Magnus`s initiation.
- Shrapnel can sometimes scout out Magnus and also put his blink dagger on cooldown. Aside from that sniper is usually a bit further away from the frontliners in his team so its difficult to catch him in Reverse Polarity unless you already have vision on him and can blink-skewer him to the rest of his team.
- Spectre breaks Magnus` blink dagger using her ultimate and later into the game can usually outlive the Reverse Polarity duration.
- Treant can usually scout out Magnus in the trees and prevent him from initiating. Treant can also counter initiate with his Ultimate.
- Tinker can break Magnus`s blink dagger using march of the machines and rockets therefore delaying any initiation or making Magnus use Skewer or force staff to initiate. As well as that Tinker usually gets his own blink dagger which makes him harder to lock down unless Magnus commits Reverse Polarity only for Tinker.
- Similar to Night Stalker, Venomancer can simultaneously scout Magnus hiding in trees and put blink dagger on cooldown with Plague Wards, which makes Magnus real problems to blink and initiate.
- Even if Wraith King will die after Magnus disables him, entire team will be slowed and vulnerable for counter-initiation.
- Zeus can easily find Magnus who is often hiding in trees with Thundergod`s Wrath and Lightning bolt, to warn allies and disrupt his initiation attempts.
- AoE Nukers (Lina, Crystal Maiden, Queen of Pain, Invoker, Leshrac, Ancient Apparition, Sand King, Earthshaker)
- AoE Disablers (Sand King, Earthshaker, Lion, Warlock, Slardar etc).
Good against...Chaos Knight Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Chaos Knight 22 + 3.2 14 + 2.1 16 + 1.2 Level
- All Magnus abilities are very good against Chaos Knight illusions.
- Meepo is vulnerable to damage and disables and Magnus has it himself as well as granting for his team.
- Reverse Polarity pierces through Lifestealer`s Rage, wasting part of it`s duration.
- Magnus is tanky and mobile hero and hard for Lifestealer to focus and kill in all stages of a game.
Works well with...Sven Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Known Bugs Sven 23 + 3 21 + 2 16 +
- Sven is perfect target for Empower, especially with stats-based item-build.
- Reverse Polarity is very good setup for Storm Hammer`s .
- She is good target for Empower and one of the best sources of burst physical damage.
- Another good target for Empower and can follow-up his initiation (especially with Mana Void).
- He is not the best target for Empower but one of the best ways to kill everyone who caught by RP.
- Reverse Polarity with (or without) Skewer sets the good Black Hole for Enigma.