- Tango Item Tango (Shared) Changelogs TangoB Forage to survive on the battlefield. Cost125 Bought FromConsumables Active Eat a Tree or Ward Charges 4 Disassemble? No Alert allies? No Recipe The Tango gives Gyrocopter regen to counter early harassment.
- Healing Salve Item Changelogs Healing SalveB A magical salve that can quickly mend even the deepest of wounds. Cost110 Bought FromConsumables Active Regenerate Health Charges 1 Disassemble? No Alert allies? No Recipe The gives a helpful burst heal to help stay in lane.
- Iron Branch Item Changelogs Iron BranchB A seemingly ordinary branch, its ironlike qualities are bestowed upon the bearer. Cost50 Bought FromAttributes Active Plant Tree Charges 1 Bonus +1 Strength+1 Agility+1 Intelligence Disassemble? No gives cheap early stats, and can be consumed with a tango for extra regen.
- Faerie Fire Item Changelogs Faerie FireB The ethereal flames from the ever-burning ruins of Kindertree ignite across realities. Cost70 Bought FromConsumables Active Consume Charges 1 Bonus +2 Attack damage Disassemble? No Alert allies? helps with last hits.
- Slippers of Agility Item Changelogs Slippers of AgilityB Light boots made from spider skin that tingles your senses. Cost150 Bought FromAttributes Bonus +3 Agility Disassemble? No Alert allies? No Recipe The Slippers of Agility gives a decent agility boost.
- Boots of Speed Item Changelogs Boots of SpeedBL Fleet footwear, increasing movement. Cost400 Bought FromArcane Bonus +45 Movement speed Disassemble? No Alert allies? No Recipe The Boots of Speed are an item purchasable at quickly can allow Gyrocopter to get early kills with his Rocket Barrage.
- Magic Stick Item Changelogs Magic StickBL A simple wand used to channel magic energies, it is favored by apprentice wizards and great warlocks alike. Cost200 Bought FromArcane Active Energy Charge Charges 0 Disassemble? can save Gyrocopter in a pinch.
- Wraith Band Item Changelogs Wraith BandB A circlet with faint whispers echoing about it. Cost485 (170) Bought FromCommon Bonus +3 Strength+6 Agility+3 Intelligence+3 Attack damage Disassemble? No Alert allies? No Recipe The Wraith gives good early stats.
- Town Portal Scroll can save Gyrocopter or help him assist another lane.
- Ring of Aquila gives cheap damage and a modest amount of Mana Regen to allow him to use Flak Cannon more often.
- Phase Boots give extra damage for Flak Cannon and makes it as an escape mechanism or chasing heroes to get a kill.
- Dragon Lance greatly improves Gyrocopter`s short attack range and offers cost efficient stats.
- Black King Bar Item Changelogs Black King BarB A powerful staff imbued with the strength of giants. Cost3975 (1375) Bought FromArmor Active Avatar Bonus +10 Strength+24 Attack damage Disassemble? No Alert allies? No Recipe is usually needed to make full use of Flak Cannon without being interrupted.
- Hurricane Pike is a natural extension to Dragon Lance, giving Gyrocopter more mobility, and can be used to push the Homing Missile to hit the target faster.
- Morbid Mask is a cheap way to keep his health up during jungling, and provides a modest amount of damage too.
- Helm of the Dominator gives Gyrocopter a source of health regen, and many neutral creeps have useful auras to make farming and pushing easier.
- Shadow Blade can be purchased for ganking or escape purposes, and can be upgraded to Silver Edge to counter troublesome passive abilities.
- Aghanim`s Scepter allows Gyrocopter to continue attacking even when disabled, and gives more attacks which can proc attack modifiers.
- Sange and Yasha provides a good mix of tankiness and chasing ability.
- Boots of Travel helps Gyrocopter be present at every fight.
- Manta Style is good for pushing, and disjointing projectiles.
- Satanic is the natural supplemental item to make Gyrocopter with multiple damage items able to survive longer in late-game teamfights, while also providing a decent damage boost itself.
- Daedalus Item Old Abilities Changelogs Daedalus A weapon of incredible power that is difficult for even the strongest of warriors to control. Cost5320 (1000) Bought FromWeapons Passive Critical Strike Bonus +80 multiplies well with Flak Cannon, increasing Gyrocopter`s damage significantly. It also gives him a chance on inflicting critical hits on his primary target.
- Monkey King Bar For the hero, see Monkey King. Item Old Abilities Changelogs Monkey King Bar A powerful staff used by a master warrior. Cost5200 Bought FromWeapons Passive Mini-Bash, True Strike Bonus +66 gives Gyrocopter a strong damage source, which also provides a chance to mini-bash and gives his main attack and attacks from Flak Cannon True Strike.
- Butterfly`s evasion makes Gyrocopter significantly harder to take down, and allows him to go head to head against harder carries.
- Divine Rapier is the be-all end-all in terms of damage for Gyrocopter. In combination with Flak Cannon it can decimate the entire enemy team within seconds. But it is also a risky purchase and should only be bought when Gyrocopter is sufficiently tanky or as a last resort in dealing with an overwhelming enemy advantage.
|Gyrocopter Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Known Bugs Gyrocopter 18 + 2.1 24 + 2.8 19 + is a ranged carry who specializes at dishing out physical and magical damage over a wide area. He presents an unorthodox pattern of carry in that he can deal a large amount of magical damage and crowd control much earlier than other carry heroes thanks to Call Down and Rocket Barrage. As game goes on, Flak Cannon adds up his physical damage output and maintains his threat to entire enemy team.|
| || |
|Hero Talents Main Table of Gained Bonuses The Talent Selection interface. Talents are traits unique to each hero. They are chosen every 5th level starting at level 10, offering a permanent choice between|
|+4 Flak Cannon Attacks||25||3 Homing Missile Charges|
|20% Cooldown Reduction||20||+35 Movement Speed|
|+30 Damage||15||+15% Magic Resistance|
|+225 Health||10||+6% Spell Amplification|
- Upgrading health increases maximum health capacity and keeps the current health percentage.
- The magic resistance stacks multiplicatively with other sources of magic resistance.
- The attack damage is added as bonus attack damage, and therefore does not benefit illusions.
- Cooldown reduction affects abilities and items. Stacks multiplicatively with Octarine Core Item Changelogs Octarine CoreS At the core of spellcraft are spectrums only the very gifted can sense. Cost5900 Bought FromCaster Passive Cooldown Reduction, Spell Lifesteal Bonus +25 Intelligence+425 Health+425 Mana Disassemble? and additively with Arcane Rune Double Damage Haste Illusion Invisibility Regeneration Bounty Arcane See more: Runes#List Buff icon Arcane Play AbilityNo Target AffectsSelf Reduces cooldowns by 30% and mana costs by .
- Cooldown reduction affects replenish time of Homing Missile.
- As an agility hero with moderate @@@#@@@HP(hp.com)###@### pool and no innate escape ability, Gyrocopter is somewhat squishy and relies on item to keep himself alive in fight. His magical damage advantage diminishes after enemy carry becomes magic immune, and as a ranged hero with short attack range he has little advantage in direct manfight with enemy carries if not with a gold gold advantage. Also, most of his damage could be evaded if not timed correctly.
- Surprisingly, Gyrocopter could play as a greedy roaming support. By leveling Rocket Barrage and Homing Missile, he can initiate a gank and take down heroes together with his teammates. After gaining advantage he can flash farm using his skills and transit into a semi-carry. Note that more utility items can be made other than traditional carry items here.
- Rocket Barrage is a spell which could potentially deal heavy damage around towards a single target and generally should be maxed first.
- Rocket Barrage is incredibly powerful against a single enemy, but its damage falls off dramatically if there are multiple targets. Position yourself far from the creeps while close to enemy to make the best use of it.
- Since Call Down and Flak Cannon deals AoE damage to creeps/illusions/summons, these skills have great synergy with Rocket Barrage and could increase its damage on a single hero.
- From patch 6.84, Rocket Barrage has no cast foreswing, so Gyrocopter can simply follow the enemy to releaseAnnounce the salvo of rockets.
- Gyrocopter can still attack when using Rocket Barrage, however the attack animation may hinder the chase towards enemy. Be that as it may, with a movement speed advantage (e.g., Boots, Yasha, Butterfly - Flutter) you can remain attacking enemy while chasing, and also feel free to activate in a one-on-one fight when enemy hero has no spell immune.
- Rocket Barrage will not cause vision when losing vision of enemy even it is still in range. Call Down and Homing Missile could potentially provide the area vision which may be critical to focus down an enemy.
- Rocket Barrage should be spammed in teamfights, however time it well so that the damage could be inflicted on the right enemy.
- Use Rocket Barrage for farming or hit and run.
- Homing Missile is an unorthodox single target disable: it launches a missile which takes time to hit the target and can hit the target with surprisingly amount of damage and stun.
- There are different strategies in leveling Homing Missile: some common ones include not leveling it until level 22, putting a single point in it in level 10 after adding up other skills then left it behind until level 23, and maxing it out right behind Rocket Barrage. The general idea is that Gyrocopter needs survivability and damage output and would focus less on control as a carry, as Homing Missile doesn’t help on farming; but as a more supportive role leveling Homing Missile may increase chance of getting a kill. The situation varies on situation in every match, so don’t get stuck in one single sequence of skill leveling.
- Homing Missile is not a spammable skill on a heavily mana-dependent hero as Gyrocopter, and it is not an effective harass skill in lower levels. The rule of thumb is to only cast the spell when someone comes to help you gank.
- Try casting Homing Missile where the enemy has no vision, e.g. behind the tree lines so you could surprise enemy when they actually notice and have little time to run away.
- Because Homing Missile has a three-second stop before it starts to move, it is best to cast before the gank initiates – or the enemy could easily run away from the missile, and when it finally hits the target no allies could reach the enemy. On the other hand, the long stun and vision the missile provides gives chance for global skills, e.g. Sun Strike, Nature’s Wrath, to finish out the enemy.
- In a team fight, it is best to cast the spell on casters with channeling skills, e.g. Freezing Field and Death Ward. The missile could interrupt the spell if placed early and hinder their judgment to cast their spells. Remember to check whether they have Black King Bar Item Changelogs Black King BarB A powerful staff imbued with the strength of giants. Cost3975 (1375) Bought FromArmor Active Avatar Bonus +10 Strength+24 Attack damage Disassemble? No Alert allies? No Recipe before using this strategy!
- Homing Missile has little effect for heroes with innate spell immunity or dodge skills, e.g. Lifestealer Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Lifestealer 25 + 3.3 18 + 1.9 15 + 1.75 Level Base , Juggernaut Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Juggernaut 20 + 2.2 26 + 2.4 14 + 1.4 Level Base and Puck Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Puck 15 + 2 22 + 1.7 25 + 2.4 Level Base . Be that as it may, the missile could force out BKB on enemy carries to avoid being stunned in dangerous places, causing them to have no spell immune in immediate teamfights.
- Use it to finish the Enemy off.
- Flak Cannon acts as a lane-pushing and farming skill, similar to Sleight of Fist (without attack effects), but with a certain amount of time and a relatively high cooldown.
- Flak Cannon could be used to harass enemy in lane at a cost of pushing the lane. Asking supports to pull creeps can mitigate the problem and give the enemy a disadvantage.
- Flak Cannon has a 1000 search radius: when a low-health enemy gets out of range, it is possible by activating the skill and attack a nearby creep to finish off.
- Using Helm of the Dominator to hire a creep or asking supports to pull neutral camps, especially ancient camps, and clear them up using Flak Cannon could give Gyrocopter a significant gold advantage over enemy carries.
- By increasing Gyrocopter⃢₀ₙs attack damage, the spell can inflict absurd amount of damage on summoned units and squishy supports, forcing them to back off. Be that as it may, Flak Cannon has a 30 second cooldown and will not hit units in Fog of War. Unawareness of the timing may cause the spell on cooldown or used with no enemies around in teamfights, wasting its great damage potential.
- Flak Cannon does not apply most of attack effects, e.g. Crits and cold attack, however it does provide true strike when holding Monkey King Bar. Because of this, players usually purchase Monkey King Bar For the hero, see Monkey King. Item Old Abilities Changelogs Monkey King Bar A powerful staff used by a master warrior. Cost5200 Bought FromWeapons Passive Mini-Bash, True Strike Bonus +66 over Daedalus Item Old Abilities Changelogs Daedalus A weapon of incredible power that is difficult for even the strongest of warriors to control. Cost5320 (1000) Bought FromWeapons Passive Critical Strike Bonus +80 .
- Call Down is Gyrocopter’s greatest teamfight ability. It provides a AoE slow and damage in a large area, forcing enemy to back off to avoid the negative effects. Its low cooldown ensures that it could be used in every single teamfight or gank.
- Call Down provides vision of the targeted area. Together with its large area it could prevent jukes.
- Beware of its 2 second delay: enemy could simply run away if they see your cast animation. The red indicator is only visible to allies, so it is better to predict the enemy’s movement and drop the bomb right on time, or cast it together with control on allies or your Homing Missile.
- Call Down synergies with area control, e.g. Chronosphere or Ravage. Try to communicate with your teammates so the spell could be used at its best.
- In fact, Gyrocopter relies on his ultimate so much that he has little teamfight availability until he gets his ult. Keep this in mind and gain your level as quickly as possible.
- The slow does not penetrate spell immunity, and the damage of the spell falls off late game. Thus it is crucial to keep Gyrocopter farmed to keep its teamfight advantage.
- Call Down could be used to clear creep waves later in the game and stacked camps together with Flak Cannon to increase Gyrocopter’s farming speed.