Equipment are cosmetic items Cosmetic Items customize visual elements within Dota 2. These modifications are purely graphical and do not affect mechanics or gameplay. Contents 1 Sources 2 Categories 2.1 Loadout 2.2 Consumables 2.3 Tournament Items 2.4 Event Items that modify heroes` clothing, appearances, or summoned units This page is about in-game units. For cosmetic pets, see Summoned Unit. Summons are a type of units that are created with spells. Players do not encounter them, unless they play as, with or against .
- Equipment comes with two properties: Rarity Not to be confused with an item s Quality. Rarity is a property of cosmetic items. It is represented in-game by the item s color theme. Rarity is a purely cosmetic property, and has no effect on and Quality Not to be confused with an item s Rarity. Quality is a property of cosmetic items. It is represented in-game by the item s prefix and name color. Quality is a purely cosmetic property, and has no .
- Rarer equipment tend to come with extra customizations, such as particle effects, model animations, and ability icons.
- Gems "Gem" redirects here. For the item, see Gem of True Sight. An item with an Ethereal Gem, Prismatic Gem, Inscribed Gem, and an empty socket. Gems are items that can be placed into sockets to can also be socketed into equipment items to provide stat tracking and additional customizations.
- These modifications are purely visual and do not affect mechanics Mechanics are the inner workings of Dota 2. The following is a list of mechanics topics. Click on each topic to view how they are calculated, where they originate, as well as their complex interactions or gameplay.
Equipment by hero
Item RarityAll items have a rarity which indicates the chance of them being dropped. In order of increasing rarity:
Common, Uncommon, Rare, Mythical, and Legendary. There are also special rarities Ancient and
Immortalused for limited distribution items linked to special events.
Arcanais the final rarity which is reserved for special items that change many visual aspects of a hero, often to make their appearance match more closely to their WC3 DotA model.
Items can also have a quality which gives the item name a prefix and color. Possible qualities include:
- Inscribed for items socketed with a stat tracking Inscribed Gem.
- Elder for certain items owned by players before a specific date.
- Genuine for promotional items obtained by purchasing certain merchandise.
- Unusual for couriers that have a special particle effect.
- Self-Made for items given to the creators of that item which was submitted to the Steam Workshop and accepted to be added to the game. Self-Made items cannot be chiseled, socketed, or hammered.
- Autographedfor items socketed with an Autograph Rune, bearing the digital signature of a notable member of the Dota 2 community.
- Exaltedfor Arcana items purchased before a certain date.
- Ascendant for items socketed with an Ascendant Gem. Ascendant Gems track the number of Dota 2 Beta invites sent, and victories.
- Heroic for items dropped to spectators during a live tournament game.
- Favoredfor items awarded to professional players that won the Compendium team player vote.
- Cursed for items obtained from Cursed Recipe: Materialize Item. Cursed items can be used in Recipe: Hollow Jack.
- Frozen for items unlocked through the Wraith-Night event.
- Corrupted for items socketed with a Foulfell Shard. Items with the gem are obtained from crafting the Recipe: Wraith King`s Relic.
- Auspicious for items unlocked through the New Bloom Festival 2014 event.
- Legacyfor Unusual Couriers with a random unique color received before the change which removed the random color possibility.
- Infused for items with the infused style unlocked.