Cosmetic Items customize visual elements within Dota 2. These modifications are purely graphical and do not affect mechanics Mechanics are the inner workings of Dota 2. The following is a list of mechanics topics. Click on each topic to view how they are calculated, where they originate, as well as their complex interactions or gameplay.
Cosmetic items can be obtained from:
- The Dota 2 Store The Dota 2 Store “ Play Thank you, thank you for your business. Click to listen— The Shopkeeper ” The Dota 2 Store is a micropayment service that allows players to purchase in-game cosmetic items such as
- The Steam Market The Steam Community Market is a real money auction service used to buy and sell items related to Steam and Steam games, including Dota 2. All sales and purchases are completed using the Steam Wallet.
- Most cosmetic items are tradeable on the Market
- Opening Treasures Treasures Changelogs Treasures are purchasable boxes that contain cosmetic items. They are obtained through the Dota 2 Store, charms, or the item drop system. Each treasure can be opened once to
- Drops after playing MMR games
- Participating in certain events In-game Events are held annually, and for one-time promotional purposes. Events often come with special game modes, as well as limited trophies, cosmetic items and more. Contents 1 Annual Events 1.1 Diretide 1.2 Frostivus 1.3
- Promotional codes that come with certain physical merchandise
|Diretide 2012||Diretide 2013||Frostivus 2012||Frostivus 2013||New Bloom 2014|
|New Bloom 2015||The International 2013||The International 2014||The International 2015||The International 2016|
|The International 2017||Frankfurt Major 2015 (Fall)||Shanghai Major 2016 (Winter)||Boston Major 2016 (Fall)||Kiev Major 2017 (Winter)|
|Dota 2 Asia Championship 2015|
All cosmetic items are categorized into Rarity Not to be confused with an item s Quality. Rarity is a property of cosmetic items. It is represented in-game by the item s color theme. Rarity is a purely cosmetic property, and has no effect on tiers. Rarer items are less likely to drop “ Play Just what I always wanted! Click to listen— Meepo ” The item drop system is a feature that allows players to obtain cosmetic items for free through playing the game. Drops cannot be sold on , and tend to come with more customizations Play “Many hands make light work.” This article or section contains incomplete or outdated information. Please help the community by updating it. You can help improve this article by updating the content as necessary. See the .
All cosmetic items have a Quality Not to be confused with an item s Rarity. Quality is a property of cosmetic items. It is represented in-game by the item s prefix and name color. Quality is a purely cosmetic property, and has no . Some qualities, such as Heroic A Heroic item received from spectating NADotA Elite League Heroic items are commemorative items that dropped during a Tournament for spectators watching in-game or on Twitch.tv with a linked Steam account. General Information edit] Heroic or Genuine Genuine items are given out with certain promotions, often awarded alongside the purchase of real-world Dota 2 merchandise. The hexadecimal color code for Genuine items is #4D7455. Genuine quality items are available for a limited are related to the circumstances by which the item was acquired, while others, such as Inscribed Inscribed Gem Gem / Rune Rarity: Rare Buy Now on Market Adding this gem to an item will enable that item to track stats. Created By Released14 Nov 2013 OriginCosmetic items, Treasures Inscribed Gems give , allows the item to track certain statistics. Qualities are related to, and can be altered by, Gems "Gem" redirects here. For the item, see Gem of True Sight. An item with an Ethereal Gem, Prismatic Gem, Inscribed Gem, and an empty socket. Gems are items that can be placed into sockets to . Most items are Normal Not to be confused with an item s Rarity. Quality is a property of cosmetic items. It is represented in-game by the item s prefix and name color. Quality is a purely cosmetic property, and has no quality by default.
Valve accepts submissions of community-created cosmetic items through the Steam Workshop Play “They call me Tiny.” This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Dota 2 Wiki by expanding it. The Steam Workshop is a way for players to submit user-generated . The majority of existing cosmetic items have been made by the community.