- Interrupts the user`s channeling Warlock channeling Upheaval Channeling an ability causes the caster to stop acting for the duration of the spell. Channeled spells may be ended when the channeling unit takes another action or is interrupted by another spells upon cast.
- Returns the same damage type Damage is any means by which unit s current health can be reduced. Heroes, creeps, ancients, Roshan and fountains are all capable of dealing damage. Contents 1 Damage sources 1.1 Attack damage 1.2 Spell damage 2 as received.
- Returns incoming damage before all manipulations There are several ways to affect the final value of a damage instance. Damage can be manipulated on both ends, from the dealing unit (outgoing damage) and the receiving unit (incoming damage). Armor and magic . Be that as it may, damage manipulation on the enemy still affects the damage normally.
- Reflected physical damage is affected by damage block Damage Block is a passive ability that gives the wielding unit a chance to block some physical damage from an attack. Contents 1 Mechanics 2 Stacking 3 Sources of Damage Block 4 Version history 5 as well.
- The returned damage is always dealt right after the incoming damage.
- Returned damage has the no-reflection flag, preventing its damage from interacting with other sources of damage with the same flag.
- Fully ignores self-inflicted damage, and damage flagged as @@@#@@@HP(hp.com)###@### Removal Damage is any means by which unit s current health can be reduced. Heroes, creeps, ancients, Roshan and fountains are all capable of dealing damage. Contents 1 Damage sources 1.1 Attack damage 1.2 Spell damage 2 .
- Returns damage back to the source. This means damage done by summons is reflected back to the summons, not to their owner.
- Damage Return has a global range and affects units through the Fog of War Vision changes around while the hero moves. Vision describes what a unit can and cannot see from its current location and state. Places a unit cannot see are filled with the Fog of War, a or invisibility Invisibility is a status effect which makes units and heroes not appear on their opponent s screen or minimap, and makes them unable to be targeted directly by the enemy. Invisibility makes the unit s model appear .
- Returned damage cannot be amplified with spell damage amplification Spell damage Spell damage sources Spell damage is all damage which is not dealt by physical attacks. This includes all spells which deal magical, physical or pure damage. Even the damage and cannot spell lifesteal Spell Lifesteal only comes into effect when using a spell that deals damage, healing for a certain percentage of the damage dealt by the spell. Contents 1 Sources of Spell Lifesteal 2 Working 3 Not .
- Does not work against wards This page is about in-game units. For cosmetic pets, see Summoned Unit. Summons are a type of units that are created with spells. Players do not encounter them, unless they play as, with or against , buildings Buildings are special units that are immune to most spells, use structure armor, and are immobile. Destroying a building rewards you with a bounty, similar to most creeps or heroes. Destroying towers rewards the entire and allied units.
|Item Play “Singing trio.” It has been suggested that this article or section be split into multiple new articles. Reason given: The shop should get its own page Discussion to support or oppose the split should be||Old Abilities Item Old Abilities Changelogs Damage Return (pre 6.58) AbilityPassive AffectsEnemies DamageMagical Returns damage back to any melee attacker. Damage Returned: 20% Notes: This ability got reworked into the current Damage||Changelogs Item Old Abilities Changelogs Contents 1 Version history 2 Update history Version history edit] Version Changes 7.06c Damage Return s damage can no longer be amplified with spell damage amplification and|
| Blade Mail|
|A razor-sharp coat of mail, it is the choice of selfless martyrs in combat.|
Armor Play “Singing trio.” It has been suggested that this article or section be split into multiple new articles. Reason given: The shop should get its own page Discussion to support or oppose the split should be
Blade Mail is an Item Play “Singing trio.” It has been suggested that this article or section be split into multiple new articles. Reason given: The shop should get its own page Discussion to support or oppose the split should be purchasable at the Main Shop, under Armor Play “Singing trio.” It has been suggested that this article or section be split into multiple new articles. Reason given: The shop should get its own page Discussion to support or oppose the split should be . It can also be completed solely with items from the Side Lane Shop The Side Lane Shops are two extra shops located on the Radiant side of the bottom lane and the Dire side of the top lane, near the river. The Side Lane Shop sells certain items .
- It is a powerful counter against a Bloodthorn Item Changelogs BloodthornB A reviled blade that bites deeper with each wriggle of its victim s final throes. Cost7195 (1000) Bought FromWeapons Active Soul Rend Passive Critical Strike Bonus +25 Intelligence+30 Attack and break from Silver Edge Item Old Abilities Changelogs Silver Edge Once used to slay an unjust king, only to have the kingdom erupt into civil war in the aftermath. Cost5550 (700) Bought FromWeapons Active to prevent them from attacking you while under the debuff.
- Enemies with copious amounts of damage resistance or high health could very easily ignore Blade Mail`s ability. Heroes like Ursa, Spectre and Abaddon are good examples of said resistant heroes, or items such as Pipe of Insight or Heart of Tarrasque.
- It can be useful to get Blade Mail if you get outcarried, to counter the DPS and turn the enemy`s damage against them.
- Buy it as a counter if the opposing team has high damage (crits, nukes or attack speed) and have low health. If timed properly, some heroes can get killed just from their own damage. And even if you cannot do that, it could make the enemy hesitant to attack you for 4.5 seconds.
- A good situation to use Blade Mail is if you`re inflicted with a heavy damage over time ability. For instance, you can kill (or severely damage) Bloodseeker by walking around with Rupture, or Tinker by staying under his Mar. of the Machines. Be that as it may, do make sure that you yourself can take the damage you`ll be receiving, else you`ll just be helping the enemy instead.
- The return is only dealt to the unit who attacks. Therefore, Techies` mines and Witch Doctor`s Death Ward and Shadow Shaman`s Serpant Ward won`t affect their main hero as they are considered a separate unit.
- Since the Blade Mail returns damage on the unit who attacks the owner you can use a Necronmicon book to attack, the melee Necronmicon will die quicker to return 800 damage.
- This is a commonly bought item for initiator heroes that can soak up some damage (commonly Strength heroes), such as Clockwerk Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Clockwerk 26 + 3.2 13 + 2.3 17 + 1.3 Level Base or Spirit Breaker.
- Blade Mail is less effective with evasion because it reduces the hits you receive.
- It also loses effectiveness against enemies who can turn themselves or their allies invulnerable with abilities like Phase Shift or Astral Imprisonment, or with Eul`s Scepter of Divinity, as Blade Mail cannot damage invulnerable units.
- One Blade Mail grants a total of 6 armor Armor is an attribute shared by all units. Armor is used to determine the amount of damage reduction (or amplification if an armor value is negative) a unit takes from physical damage sources. Higher armor , 110 mana Play Out of mana! “ Play It s a new age of magic! Click to listen— Keeper of the Light ” Mana (also known as MP, which is short for mana points) represents the magic power of a , 0.4 mana regeneration Play Out of mana! “ Play It s a new age of magic! Click to listen— Keeper of the Light ” Mana (also known as MP, which is short for mana points) represents the magic power of a , 0.71% spell damage Spell damage Spell damage sources Spell damage is all damage which is not dealt by physical attacks. This includes all spells which deal magical, physical or pure damage. Even the damage and 22 (32 to intelligence Intelligence is the attribute that grants mana, mana regeneration and spell damage amplification. For each point of intelligence a hero gets: 11 Mana 0.04 Mana regeneration 0.07% Spell damage Additionally, intelligence heroes also get 1 heroes) attack damage Attack damage is the amount of damage a unit is dealing with an unmodified basic attack; the base values are different for every hero. The total attack damage of a unit is the sum of .
Recommended heroesAxe Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Known Bugs Axe 25 + 2.8 20 + 2.2 18 +
- If taking Counter Helix damage was not enough of a punishment for attacking the Axe, then Blade Mail will make the same people cry tears. Few heroes can stomach taking damage from both abilities early on, and Blade Mail retains the same lethality in the late game unlike Counter Helix which scales off.
- On the side note, Blade Mail gives Axe much needed points in Intelligence early on, allowing him to cast a bit more before running out of juice.
- Tresdin is, hands down, one of the best - if not the best - carrier of Blade Mail in the game. Her ultimate ability, Duel, forces enemies to engage her head-on and attack her without pause, maximizing Blade Mail`s efficiency if it`s in her possession. Coupled together with her above average health pool, this combo is deadly from start to finish.
- Similar to Axe Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Known Bugs Axe 25 + 2.8 20 + 2.2 18 + and Legion Commander Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs Legion Commander 26 + 2.9 18 + 1.7 20 + 2.2 Level , Clockwerk can stop heroes from running away from him and forces out engagements while continously barraging the enemy with Battery Assault. Having Blade Mail makes it so much worse for them as Clockwerk`s high health pool makes it very unlikely that he will die first
- Clockwerk also benefits from all the stats Blade Mail provides.
- The extra armor is very needed as Clockwerk is otherwise short in armor
- The extra attack damage let him hit harder with his right-click
- Clockwerk suffers badly from a miniature mana pool, so the extra Intelligence points are very needed.
- Shadow Blade, Blink Dagger and Force Staff: are good ganking and initiation items.
- Mask of Madness: will protect you while under the debuff of the Mask of Madness from being attacked.
- Assault Cuirass: gives you more armor than your enemy and armor reduction aura, allowing to return more physical damage than you take, since it gets reflected before reductions.
- The same applies to magic resistance or any other source of damage reduction. For instance, even if incoming damage is fully blocked by spells like Borrowed Time, Blade Mail still reflects the full damage.
- Eul`s Scepter of Divinity: disable an enemy while the return damage is active.
- Satanic: the active Unholy Rage gives a total of 200% lifesteal, to heal more than the damage returned by the blademail.
- Scythe of Vyse: will disable your enemy from using the damage return.
Icon when Molten Claw is equipped
Blade Mail is an Item purchasable at the Home Shop, under Armor. It can also be completed solely with items from the Side Shop. It is commonly used as a lategame item to counter farmed carries who deal lots of physical damage like Phantom Assassin or Ursa. Some initiator heroes that tend to be quickly focused by enemy such as Axe and Clockwerk may build blademail to reflect back the damage that they receive when engaging the enemy heroes.
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|
WC3 DotA Version
- Warcraft III DotA - Blade Mail